It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Pace, Fl
Present: Sigrun, John Lee
Location: Tabor City Starport

John Lee backs the large grav vehicle out of the ship onto the large landing pad. Sigrun and John look around at the port as he lifts the air raft up above the 3 meter high concrete berms. There are four landing bays, two occupied and two empty. The other occupied bay has what looks like a medium sized merchant ship...maybe 800 tons...unloading cargo. There are a pair of runways here as well with two large jet planes near the Terminal building and another out on a taxiway maneuvering onto a runway for take off.

The screen on your craft's console has directions for you to fly, at a height of under 20 meters and a speed of no more than 20 kph, to a building right next to a gate in the tall chain link fence that surrounds the field. There are three tractor trucks with containers on flatbeds forming a line. Men and women are checking the containers and the cabs of the trucks and you are directed to pull into line behind them. Another semi pulls in behind you.

When you reach the gate steps up to your vehicle and says in a friendly voice, "I'll need to see your papers and inspect your vehicle. Please, pull your craft to inspection slot 3 and ground it."

You see five parking areas next to the building, numbered 1 to 5. All are currently empty.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Eris wrote:
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

The check through is through, but friendly, even when they know you are Imperial citizens. They are firm about "NO firearms allowed!" though. Even the guard with the automatic weapon seems relaxed and not unfriendly.


Zaki smiles and nods as she listens carefully to their instructions. "Where would I find information about Tabor City, and where do I go to find ground transportation?"

JR

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

The check through is through, but friendly, even when they know you are Imperial citizens. They are firm about "NO firearms allowed!" though. Even the guard with the automatic weapon seems relaxed and not unfriendly.


Zaki smiles and nods as she listens carefully to their instructions. "Where would I find information about Tabor City, and where do I go to find ground transportation?"

JR

Carlos pays attention as he unloads his pockets. "This okay?" He indicates his Scout multitool.

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:00 am 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 106
A stone faced Sigrun replies with a grunt and a nod and waits for John Lee to park the G carrier. As he manoeuvres the carrier she confides in him "I'm still adjusting to the Imperium. You'll tell me if I'm being over friendly with the Customs crew?"

Despite her laconic demeanour she will fully cooperate with the Customs crew's directions paying close attention to their methods of scrutiny and search both on our vehicle and on others nearby.

Edit: added Swordiness.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2652
Edwardo too offers his credentials to the customs crew. "Thanks" he replies.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Pace, Fl
Present: Sigrun, John Lee
Location: Tabor City Starport

Tiglath wrote:
A stone faced Sigrun replies with a grunt and a nod and waits for John Lee to park the G carrier. As he manoeuvres the carrier she confides in him "I'm still adjusting to the Imperium. You'll tell me if I'm being over friendly with the Customs crew?"

Despite her laconic demeanour she will fully cooperate with the Customs crew's directions paying close attention to their methods of scrutiny and search both on our vehicle and on others nearby.

Edit: added Swordiness.

The Customs Officer asks for names as he check papers when Sigrun offers her name he says, "I can tell by your accent you aren't from the Imperium. Arden, maybe? No, I think you're a Swordy!"

He grins, "There were a few stationed here at Tabor City during the recent war and I heard that accent every time they went through customs."

He smiles at John Lee, "And you're Imperial. Well, war's over we can all be friends again...as long as you Impies remember where your empire ends."

The rest of his inspection team has been going over your craft while the Officer engaged you in chat.

"Clean, Sir." one of the men says, "Some locked boxes here, though. Look like gun cases."

"Your papers say your going hunting." says the officer, "Those your rifles? We'll have to have a lock, so if you wouldn't mind unlocking the cases?

After looking the weapons over he says, "You know you have to keep them locked up between here and the hunting preserves and they have to be checked in and out there as well, right?"

You aren't really delayed much, and the Ruieans seem a lot more friendly than their reputation.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Pace, Fl
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

joertexas wrote:
Zaki smiles and nods as she listens carefully to their instructions. "Where would I find information about Tabor City, and where do I go to find ground transportation?"

"If you want a taxi, you can find them through the Terminal Building, that way." the guard points.

Quote:
Carlos pays attention as he unloads his pockets. "This okay?" He indicates his Scout multitool.

"Yes, Sir." the Terminal Security Guard nods, "No firearms. Your Japur Army Knife is okay. Oh, and just to let you know. The No Firearms rules apply to off worlders. Locals here can own shotguns and in other of our nation states the rules are even more loose. We *all* agree, though, non-Ruieans may not carry any firearms."

Quote:
Edwardo too offers his credentials to the customs crew. "Thanks" he replies.

"You are welcome, Sir." says the Custom's Official checking Edwardo through, "Might I ask, Sir, what brings you to Ruie, business or pleasure?"

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Eris wrote:
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

"If you want a taxi, you can find them through the Terminal Building, that way." the guard points.
Quote:
Carlos pays attention as he unloads his pockets. "This okay?" He indicates his Scout multitool.

"Yes, Sir." the Terminal Security Guard nods, "No firearms. Your Japur Army Knife is okay. Oh, and just to let you know. The No Firearms rules apply to off worlders. Locals here can own shotguns and in other of our nation states the rules are even more loose. We *all* agree, though, non-Ruieans may not carry any firearms."


Zaki waits with Carlos while the others clear Customs. When they are done, she leads the group to a place where they can stand without being in the traffic flow. "I would like to start with the local library. Should we stay together, or split up?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 106
Eris wrote:
He grins, "There were a few stationed here at Tabor City during the recent war and I heard that accent every time they went through customs."

He smiles at John Lee, "And you're Imperial. Well, war's over we can all be friends again...as long as you Impies remember where your empire ends."


Sigrun is gratified to be recognised and acknowledged for her race and also relieved to for once not bear the brunt of suspicion. However, she will not appear weak and maintains her warrior’s swaggering body language appropriate to the situation. Meanwhile she watches the Customs search to see if it would detect items hidden deep within the G carrier’s hull as she and John Lee had planned.

She manages a half smile for the Customs Officer and while he deals with John Lee replies “Don’t forget to search him for Imperial sunburst flags. We all know how Impies love planting them in other folks’ territory – but don’t worry I’m here to keep him straight”. She goes on “Actually my partner’s a pro - like me. We’re security from the yacht so no real hunting for us - recon party for the main event. You’ll get to see a lot of us through here”.

Once enjoying the flight post Customs she jokingly addresses John Lee “Those Ruieans were friendly enough but I suppose it could just be that they were exposed to the civilising influence of Sword Worlders”. The half smile again and then “This job’s all about finding the less polite variety. Let’s see what the next group are like”.

The next part of the plan is to “check in” to the hunting preserve.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Last edited by Tiglath on Sat May 20, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

Keven wrote:
Carlos pays attention as he unloads his pockets. "This okay?" He indicates his Scout multitool.

"Yes, Sir." the Terminal Security Guard nods, "No firearms. Your Japur Army Knife is okay. Oh, and just to let you know. The No Firearms rules apply to off worlders. Locals here can own shotguns and in other of our nation states the rules are even more loose. We *all* agree, though, non-Ruieans may not carry any firearms."


Zaki waits with Carlos while the others clear Customs. When they are done, she leads the group to a place where they can stand without being in the traffic flow. "I would like to start with the local library. Should we stay together, or split up?"

Carlos says, "I'm with you, of course. We brainstorm well together." He leans closer to whisper to her. "Forgot to ask this morning, how's the leg holding up, dear?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Keven wrote:
Carlos says, "I'm with you, of course. We brainstorm well together." He leans closer to whisper to her. "Forgot to ask this morning, how's the leg holding up, dear?"


While in jumpspace, they had spent an hour per day working on her strength training. She showed him a regimen that had him working as a sort of exercise machine to help her perform the exact therapy she needed. The first day, Zaki had worn workout pants, and had turned away as she dressed or undressed. At their session this morning, though, she had worn just her panties and bra, no longer embarrassed in front of Carlos by the scars that marred her dusky skin.

Now, she smiled at him, the skin at the corners of her eyes crinkling in response. "It 's doing better. The exercise helped, I think. Thanks to you, my dear." She gripped his arm more firmly in a gesture that had nothing to do with needing physical support. "Maybe we can access the local datanet while we are there. Somehow, I suspect that any attempt to access it from here would not be welcomed."

Zaki looks at the Pedro, Edwardo, and Chandra. "Would you three like to ride with us to the library?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos says, "I'm with you, of course. We brainstorm well together." He leans closer to whisper to her. "Forgot to ask this morning, how's the leg holding up, dear?"


While in jumpspace, they had spent an hour per day working on her strength training. She showed him a regimen that had him working as a sort of exercise machine to help her perform the exact therapy she needed. The first day, Zaki had worn workout pants, and had turned away as she dressed or undressed. At their session this morning, though, she had worn just her panties and bra, no longer embarrassed in front of Carlos by the scars that marred her dusky skin.

Now, she smiled at him, the skin at the corners of her eyes crinkling in response. "It 's doing better. The exercise helped, I think. Thanks to you, my dear." She gripped his arm more firmly in a gesture that had nothing to do with needing physical support. "Maybe we can access the local datanet while we are there. Somehow, I suspect that any attempt to access it from here would not be welcomed."

Carlos scratches his nose. "This is a low tech planet, I don't think they even have a decent computer net up and running yet."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:55 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Keven wrote:
Carlos scratches his nose. "This is a low tech planet, I don't think they even have a decent computer net up and running yet."


"Really?" Zaki looks at Carlos. "I've never been to a place that didn't have a datanet. How do people communicate without one?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos scratches his nose. "This is a low tech planet, I don't think they even have a decent computer net up and running yet."


"Really?" Zaki looks at Carlos. "I've never been to a place that didn't have a datanet. How do people communicate without one?"

Carlos shrugs. "Unless they imported it. I doubt they have, they don't really like us around here, and we're probably the highest tech around." He scratches his nose again. "What they do have probably isn't planet-wide. That's the problem with ununified worlds, they don't even like talking to each other. They're an old Lost Colony, still getting their heads on. I've seen it before, out in the Deep." He looks at her. "This your first time outside the Imperium, dear?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Keven wrote:
Carlos shrugs. "Unless they imported it. I doubt they have, they don't really like us around here, and we're probably the highest tech around." He scratches his nose again. "What they do have probably isn't planet-wide. That's the problem with ununified worlds, they don't even like talking to each other. They're an old Lost Colony, still getting their heads on. I've seen it before, out in the Deep." He looks at her. "This your first time outside the Imperium, dear?"


Zaki nods as she takes in what Carlos tells her. "I've never even been on a starship before, not when I was awake for the ride." She smiles wryly. "So no; this is all very new to me."

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos shrugs. "Unless they imported it. I doubt they have, they don't really like us around here, and we're probably the highest tech around." He scratches his nose again. "What they do have probably isn't planet-wide. That's the problem with ununified worlds, they don't even like talking to each other. They're an old Lost Colony, still getting their heads on. I've seen it before, out in the Deep." He looks at her. "This your first time outside the Imperium, dear?"


Zaki nods as she takes in what Carlos tells her. "I've never even been on a starship before, not when I was awake for the ride." She smiles wryly. "So no; this is all very new to me."

Carlos chuckles. "You learned how to use the head without venting the room to vacuum, that's the most important thing you needed to learn in space. Everything else, you'll pick up just like we did, through your skin, dear."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Eris wrote:
He grins, "There were a few stationed here at Tabor City during the recent war and I heard that accent every time they went through customs."

He smiles at John Lee, "And you're Imperial. Well, war's over we can all be friends again...as long as you Impies remember where your empire ends."


Sigrun is gratified to be recognised and acknowledged for her race and also relieved to for once not bear the brunt of suspicion. However, she will not appear weak and maintains her warrior’s swaggering body language appropriate to the situation. Meanwhile she watches the Customs search to see if it would detect items hidden deep within the G carrier’s hull as she and John Lee had planned.

She manages a half smile for the Customs Officer and while he deals with John Lee replies “Don’t forget to search him for Imperial sunburst flags. We all know how Impies love planting them in other folks’ territory – but don’t worry I’m here to keep him straight”. She goes on “Actually my partner’s a pro - like me. We’re security from the yacht so no real hunting for us - recon party for the main event. You’ll get to see a lot of us through here”.

The Officer laughs, "I know we have the reputation for not liking the Impies at all, but it's really just the government we don't like. Most of us haven't anything against the people themselves."

Sigrun notes that the Custom's officials searching the craft make a pretty cursory search. They look in the obvious places and wave a portable density meter over the vehicle that is very unlikely to find anything.

Quote:
Once enjoying the flight post Customs she jokingly addresses John Lee “Those Ruieans were friendly enough but I suppose it could just be that they were exposed to the civilising influence of Sword Worlders”. The half smile again and then “This job’s all about finding the less polite variety. Let’s see what the next group are like”.

The next part of the plan is to “check in” to the hunting preserve.


Off to your left you see tall skyscrapers and what looks like a fairly modern city, but to the right is what looks like a shanty town. The houses below are more shacks than houses with a mixture of rusted tin roofs and thatched roofs. The narrow roads between the rows of houses give way from paved to dusty dirt quickly. Behind many of the houses are animals, chickens, goats, and other small animals. The streets are clogged with people and small smoke belching jitneys. Your course takes you right over the shanty town for several kilometers.

Soon you are flying over rainforest that seems to go on forever. After a flight of 40 kilometers you come to a building in a clearing. Signage on the buildings roof lets you know this is a Ranger's Station where you'll check in before continuing into the hunting preserve.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline
Tracker
Tracker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 106
Eris wrote:
The Officer laughs, "I know we have the reputation for not liking the Impies at all, but it's really just the government we don't like. Most of us haven't anything against the people themselves."


Sigrun replies “Ja, I agree with that. But you said “most of us”? Are there any folk we should steer our Imperial clients away from in Tabor City or the wilderness?”

On the flight to the Rangers’ station Sigrun monitors the passive sensor array for any radar/ladar painting the G carrier from the ground (or orbit). If any is detected she asks John Lee to occasionally dip through the tree canopy or follow a waterway to attempt to temporarily break radar contact. She will also record the data to map any areas where there is no coverage.

On arrival at the Rangers’ station she will look for any bays obviously marked for arriving air vehicles and suggest John Lee sets down in one planning to fully cooperate with the Rangers' procedures.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 371
Keven wrote:
Carlos chuckles. "You learned how to use the head without venting the room to vacuum, that's the most important thing you needed to learn in space. Everything else, you'll pick up just like we did, through your skin, dear."


A giggle bursts from her before Zaki can throttle it. "Why, thank you, kind sir. You do have a way with words." She grins from behind her mask.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 321
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Carlos chuckles. "You learned how to use the head without venting the room to vacuum, that's the most important thing you needed to learn in space. Everything else, you'll pick up just like we did, through your skin, dear."


A giggle bursts from her before Zaki can throttle it. "Why, thank you, kind sir. You do have a way with words." She grins from behind her mask.

He grins back. "Just curious, though..." He pulls out his comm and sets it to scan for any datanets. "I might be wrong..."

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group