It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
Runner
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Posts: 20
John Lee will prep for flight by getting three large lock boxes. Unloaded pistol and shotgun go in separate boxes. Ammunition and his knife goes in the third. He advises his team mates to do the same.

"Compliant,yet a bother to check more than a half dozen cases. We'll see how often they open everyone. "

_________________
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 54
Sigrun will offer contracts to local private investigators to trace and locate Jose Kenny a middle aged male in Tabor City. She offers extra for any intelligence generated and a bonus for surveillance on the subject.

For the G Carrier flight she follows John Lee’s lead re: boxing her guns legally.

She comments "I'm interested to see how zealous they are" she then adds “This carrier has a near military grade sensor array. I’ll set it to passive mode and we can map what lights us up on the flight out. We can test how much ground clutter the jungle provides and see if there are any gaps in their coverage. That sort of thing might be good to know if we have to leave in a hurry”.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 301
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
“I’ll need credit facilities and a budget of about ten thousand Imperial. I propose we contract private investigators in Tabor City and set them to finding Kenny for us - because, frankly, we have no chance. Now, unless any of you can pull off a “non Imperial and Ruie friendly” accent I’ll get on the comm.”


"Sounds good to me," Zaki replies. She makes sure her filter mask is working, and that her comm is tied into the ship's systems so she can be tracked. She also checks into tying into the local global positioning system network (if they have one). "I still want to go to the local library and do some basic research before we get too far afield. I'll keep my comm's tracker running so you know where I am." She turns to Carlos. "Do you want to go with me?"

Carlos smiles. "Of course." He checks the fit on his mask. "Shall we?"

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
Runner
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Posts: 20
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun will offer contracts to local private investigators to trace and locate Jose Kenny a middle aged male in Tabor City. She offers extra for any intelligence generated and a bonus for surveillance on the subject.

For the G Carrier flight she follows John Lee’s lead re: boxing her guns legally.

She comments "I'm interested to see how zealous they are" she then adds “This carrier has a near military grade sensor array. I’ll set it to passive mode and we can map what lights us up on the flight out. We can test how much ground clutter the jungle provides and see if there are any gaps in their coverage. That sort of thing might be good to know if we have to leave in a hurry”.


"It's nice to work with professionals."

_________________
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 315
Keven wrote:
Carlos smiles. "Of course." He checks the fit on his mask. "Shall we?"


Zaki smiles, realizes that he can't see her mouth, and nods. "Yes, thank you." She makes her way through customs, looks for a taxi, and asks to be taken to the local library.

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 54
Eclipse wrote:
"It's nice to work with professionals."


Sigrun smiles gratefully at the compliment. “It’s nice to be appreciated, Mr Petamore - and I agree with you!”

The acknowledgment of her abilities seems to allow her relax a little and she cheerfully stows her guns and gear in the G carrier and collects a filter mask ready for the flight.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Pace, Fl
Nuke66 wrote:
"Sub-contracting sounds like a good plan. Perhaps that will work better. And, we can afford it."

Edwardo takes Charlie and Pedro into the star port anyway, they might just get lucky.

And, sure, we'll dump the leather! In addition, he'll poke around for freight for the return trip.


I'm still waiting for the "trips out of the Starport" to get finalized.

Is John Lee taking everyone into town, dropping off Zaki, Carlos, Edwardo, Charlie, Pedro and Chandra to visit the library check out brokers and bars, and then running out to a hunting preserve to look around with Sigrun? Is that the current plan?

Oh, and I went ahead and sold the leather, check your Character sheets. Edwardo's cash went up 80 KCr, while Pedro and Zaki each earned 20 KCr. We'll say that the buyer will come to the ship and pick up the 6 tons of leather. I'm not going to do anything with a new speculative cargo yet. Let's give it a bit of time.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Pace, Fl
Tiglath wrote:
Sigrun will offer contracts to local private investigators to trace and locate Jose Kenny a middle aged male in Tabor City. She offers extra for any intelligence generated and a bonus for surveillance on the subject.

For the G Carrier flight she follows John Lee’s lead re: boxing her guns legally.

She comments "I'm interested to see how zealous they are" she then adds “This carrier has a near military grade sensor array. I’ll set it to passive mode and we can map what lights us up on the flight out. We can test how much ground clutter the jungle provides and see if there are any gaps in their coverage. That sort of thing might be good to know if we have to leave in a hurry”.


Re: Private Investigators - Sigrun finds a reputable PI Agency in Tabor City and hires them for 500 cr a day, plus expenses. It will be a day, or so, before she gets results.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 315
Eris wrote:
Is John Lee taking everyone into town, dropping off Zaki, Carlos, Edwardo, Charlie, Pedro and Chandra to visit the library check out brokers and bars, and then running out to a hunting preserve to look around with Sigrun? Is that the current plan?


Unless someone offers a ride, Zaki will suggest to Carlos that they take a taxi, if they are available at the starport.

JR

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Pace, Fl
joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:
Is John Lee taking everyone into town, dropping off Zaki, Carlos, Edwardo, Charlie, Pedro and Chandra to visit the library check out brokers and bars, and then running out to a hunting preserve to look around with Sigrun? Is that the current plan?


Unless someone offers a ride, Zaki will suggest to Carlos that they take a taxi, if they are available at the starport.

JR

Taxis are available, but Edwardo (for sure), Charlie and Pedro (probably) are going into town as well. If you wait a bit you could all share a taxi...or get John Lee to drop you off in town. I don't know if you'll get an offer of a ride, but you could ask... ;)

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Posts: 54
Sigrun will await contact from the local PIs.

(OOC: That is the plan as I understand it. The main body of the party are engaged with brokerage (Lord Edwardo’s team) and research at the library (Zaki’s team) while Sigrun and John Lee are conducting what amounts to a smuggling "dry run" which includes an assessment of Ruie Customs’ security measures and mapping sensor coverage en route to the hunting preserve).

If local taxis are available and reputable Sigrun will suggest using them rather than advertising our presence/aggravating the locals with our high tech "offworld" transport. Also running into town (even with all our guns locked away) might provoke local law enforcement.

She will ask the yacht's crew if they think this would annoy the locals / cops and be guided by them. If they say all's well then the G carrier can transport everyone to town.

_________________
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)


Last edited by Tiglath on Tue May 16, 2017 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:32 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
Chandra will certainly go into town with the others.

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 am 
Offline
Runner
Runner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Posts: 20
John Lee will state his preference for keeping the first trip out in the grav vehicle simple. Just the two folks going to the hunting preserve.

_________________
Into the Marches
John Lee Petamore, IISS 3 terms
7A7865
Mechanical - 1, Electronics - 1, Streetwise - 1, SMG - 1, Revolver - 2, Air/Raft - 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 315
Eclipse wrote:
John Lee will state his preference for keeping the first trip out in the grav vehicle simple. Just the two folks going to the hunting preserve.


Zaki addresses Carlos, Edwardo, and Pedro. "Shall we take a taxi into town?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm
Posts: 301
Location: Dolan Springs, AZ
joertexas wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
John Lee will state his preference for keeping the first trip out in the grav vehicle simple. Just the two folks going to the hunting preserve.


Zaki addresses Carlos, Edwardo, and Pedro. "Shall we take a taxi into town?"

Carlos nods. "Sounds like a plan." He offers his arm to her.

_________________
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Posts: 28
Keven wrote:
joertexas wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
John Lee will state his preference for keeping the first trip out in the grav vehicle simple. Just the two folks going to the hunting preserve.


Zaki addresses Carlos, Edwardo, and Pedro. "Shall we take a taxi into town?"

Carlos nods. "Sounds like a plan." He offers his arm to her.


A plan it is.

_________________
Lieutenant Chandra Gupta 87BB47, Age 26, Navy, 2 Terms. Engineering-2, Dagger-1, Mechanic-1, Gunnery-1, Electronic-0, Gravitics-0, Vacc-Suit-0, Zero-G-Combat-0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:39 pm
Posts: 315
Keven wrote:
Carlos nods. "Sounds like a plan." He offers his arm to her.


Zaki takes his arm with a smile. "I think we should go to the library first, and then look around for the retired soldier."

ffilz wrote:
A plan it is.


Zaki looks toward Chandra. "Will you join us, or are you going with John Lee and Sigrun?"

_________________
Joe Roberts

In The Marches
Zaki Shursiia, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2,
Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

CATN
Jiao Donat van Stoddart, 687DE7, Merchant, Engineer, 34
Engineering – 4, Electronics – 4, Brawling – 1, Gun Combat – 1, Ships Boat – 1,
Carousing – 1, J-O-T – 1, Liaison – 1, Blade Combat – 1, Vacc Suit – 0, Grav Vehicle – 0, Computer – 0


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2513
"Agreed" Edwardo says. "Let's go take a look."

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:33 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Pace, Fl
Nuke66 wrote:
"Agreed" Edwardo says. "Let's go take a look."


Sorry for the delay! I'll get posts out this afternoon.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:24 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Pace, Fl
Present: Zaki, Pedro, Carlos, Edwardo, Chandra
Location: Tabor City

The quartet walks out of the ship onto the tarmac landing pad. The yacht is parked in the center of an oval space that could accommodate a ship five times larger so there is a lot of empty space inside their landing zone.

The sun is high overhead shinning a hazy orange onto the 3 meter high concrete berms surrounding three sides of the pad. Although, the star here is a G type the atmosphere makes it a hazy orange here on the surface of Ruie. They note the umbilical cords and tubes running from one of the berms into the ship supplying power, water and communications from the local port.

Walking out of the pad they see the terminal around the corner to their left only a short walk away. As they cross the 200 meters staying inside the painted lines on the asphalt they see a large jet plane land on a runway off to their right. They can see another jet plane parked just beyond the terminal building...probably either loading or unloading passengers.

There are three other landing pads for space ships that they can see here at this port. One is occupied by a large ship, probably 800 tons. There are trucks with flatbeds parked at that pad and as you watch one pulls away with a large shipping container toward a gate further down the tall chain link fence.

The terminal's port side is covered with translucent windows, and the entrance is a wide set of sliding translucent plexiglas doors. A few men and woman are on the tarmac, all in similar looking work clothing. As you near the Terminal doors, they slide open and a trio of workers come out onto the tarmac, two men and a woman. Like the other people on the tarmac none of them are wearing the filter masks over their faces, although they all have light weight googles hanging around their necks.

"Welcome to Ruie!" says one of the men in a pleasant, but strangely accented, voice. The woman had been talking to the other man in a low voice, but she turns toward you and smiles as well, "Yes, welcome! Check your filter's often."

The trio seem friendly enough as they pass you and move toward a utility vehicle parked near the doors.

Stepping up to the open door you feel the positive pressure of air gushing out of the inside. As you step inside you see a large rectangular lighted sign on a column just inside. It is shining yellow and reads, "Masks suggested!" As you watch the light changes to green and the writing changes to "Mask Free Zone!"

An area to your right has a sign above it reading "Customs...all visitors please check in here." There are a pair of uniformed workers there as well as a guard armed with an automatic weapon.

As you walk toward customs the workers stand from their seats and smile at you, "Welcome to Ruie! You're just in from that yacht, right? We will need to see your passports and other papers."

The check through is through, but friendly, even when they know you are Imperial citizens. They are firm about "NO firearms allowed!" though. Even the guard with the automatic weapon seems relaxed and not unfriendly.

_________________
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group