(002) Regina Downport

Eris
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (002) Regina Downport

#141 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:"What!" the man whirls toward Pedro. He is red in the face and his face is glistening with sweat, but with a great effort contains his rage enough to shout,"This, this, damn insect sent me William's signet ring! SEE!"

He holds up the ring he is holding in his free hand and shows his own ring,"Just like mine! It's the signet of the McLouds and it's William's, see the inscription!"

Growing still more red in the face and starting to wheeze, he thrusts the ring at Pedro for him to see the inscription.

"He's got to tell me where he got it! And I can't get squat out of the damn thing! His voder just squeaks and squawks at me!" he finishes in an almost pleading voice while gasping for air.

The blonde succeeds in getting the man turned and sits him down on a chair and holds her hand up to his mouth,"Papa Rex, put this pill under your tongue, and slow your breathing. You're going to hurt yourself and that won't get us William back!"
Carlos comes up behind Mr Mass Attack. "Excuse me, can we help you?"
The blonde is leaning over the older man, when she looks up her face is white as a sheet. She says, "Will you ask the Lafiska where he got the ring. We really do need to know, we'll pay him whatever he wants. Can you just find out?"

The Lafiska's voder is, indeed, making squawking and squeaking noises. The insectoid is backed up against a counter inside the shop. It looks very agitated, rubbing its fore limbs together and bobbing its head under it's hood. It looks like it wants to flee, but the limo's front end is blocking its exit into an opening into what must be the back room of its shop.
Carlos nods and turns to the Lafiska. "Calm down, tove, nobody wants to hurt you. Mr Up just wants to know where you got his offspring's ring. The one was his only offspring. Deep breath, tove, clue us up, we'll get Mr Up off you no problem, and I'll even buy some shirts! Just need the downlow on the ring, no hassles."

Roll to chill the bug out and get info from him?

[2d6] = 9+1 JOT
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#142 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro looks up and sees Zaki "Major, this man may need medical attention if you're up to it?"
"Coming." Zaki makes her way up to the older man as quickly as her hip will allow.
The blonde looks up and says, "It's his angina. Stress brings it on. If he will be quiet for a few minutes his nitro will settle him down."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:The blonde looks up and says, "It's his angina. Stress brings it on. If he will be quiet for a few minutes his nitro will settle him down."
"Angina? Nitro?" Zaki looks massively confused. "Why would anyone have *heart disease* here?" She steps up to examine the man closely, and speaks to the woman. "Don't take this question the wrong way, but are you from a backwater planet? Or can he not use any modern medical therapies at all?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Justin3.14
Strider
Strider

#145 Post by Justin3.14 »

Benton rolls his eyes and thinks "ugh.. Nobility..."
Then strolls over to the group, still looking left and right as he approaches.

"Carlos, I'm thinking that our upstanding friend here has a good set of records of all things that transpire here, and possibly another set of records, too. Doubtless there is also video evidence of the person who brought this ring in. I should think, our dear friend here, would like nothing better than to clear the air.... perhaps even ... appreciate some financial assistance in the renovations now needed."

I pick up some worthless piece of merchandise, and put a few credits on the counter.
"Ya see, life can go on..."
Benton McKenzie 7568C7
Scouts 2 /Army 1, ---, 3 terms, 31, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Electronics-1, Ground Vehicle-1, JOAT-1, Pilot-1, Riding-1, Rifle-1, Vacc Suit-1. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo moves to the back side of the Limo, "Go on, get the hell outta here!" he says
Some slink off, a couple remain looking sullen but stay where they are, and one says angrily, "Yeah, but somebody's gotta pay for the damages that were done to our stalls, ya know!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:The blonde looks up and says, "It's his angina. Stress brings it on. If he will be quiet for a few minutes his nitro will settle him down."
"Angina? Nitro?" Zaki looks massively confused. "Why would anyone have *heart disease* here?" She steps up to examine the man closely, and speaks to the woman. "Don't take this question the wrong way, but are you from a backwater planet? Or can he not use any modern medical therapies at all?"
The woman frowns and says very quietly,"It's one of the side effects of the, um, medical regimen The Earl of Feathershuff has been on. He can't, there are a lot of things, Lord Feathershuff can't make use of now."

"Do you understand?" she whispers, "That's why finding Lord William is so dreadfully important to him.

First, what you hear when she refers to the man is The Earl of Fenshaw and Lord Fenshaw. Second, although, it is generally frowned upon some nobles take anagathics. Zaki knows that one common side effect of the regular use of these anti-aging drugs is that when they begin to lose their effectiveness many modern medical therapies also lose their effectiveness. The upshot is that people on anagathics can go from 30 to 100+ with only a decade's apparent change, but when the anagathics begin to fail the individual begins to age and decline very rapidly. If that's the case here, Lord Feathershuff's apparent 70 could really be 120, or more, but he might only have another year or two to live. He would be declining at roughly a year per month.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#148 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
The Lafiska's voder is, indeed, making squawking and squeaking noises. The insectoid is backed up against a counter inside the shop. It looks very agitated, rubbing its fore limbs together and bobbing its head under it's hood. It looks like it wants to flee, but the limo's front end is blocking its exit into an opening into what must be the back room of its shop.
Pedro says "I'll see what I can do. But screaming at it isn't going to do anything. No one is going anywhere right now, so I think you should listen to the young lady. You don't look so good." He looks up and sees Zaki "Major, this man may need medical attention if you're up to it?"

More distraction to calm him down.

He steps between Rex and the Lafiska and turns toward the Lafiska. He'll speak softly and behave in what he hopes is a non-threatening manner. "It's OK. We'll get everyone calmed down, but this man wants to know where you got the ring." He'll look on his phone to see if there's a suitable translator app online, because it seems like the thing's voder isn't working.
Keven wrote:Carlos nods and turns to the Lafiska. "Calm down, tove, nobody wants to hurt you. Mr Up just wants to know where you got his offspring's ring. The one was his only offspring. Deep breath, tove, clue us up, we'll get Mr Up off you no problem, and I'll even buy some shirts! Just need the downlow on the ring, no hassles."

Roll to chill the bug out and get info from him?
There is a swishing noise from behind Pedro and Carlos and another small hooded figure slides into their view. A sing-song voice comes from the box it wears on it's upper thorax,"If I may, I will help!"

"I am Sawhuffa, the tailor, from next to this place. This is Mavika, the trader of things, from this place. They are very...um...not right. If I am allowed, I will make right...um...calm?"

There is a high pitched buzzing sound from both of the Lafiska and waving of limbs.

Benton approaches from the rear.
Justin wrote:"Carlos, I'm thinking that our upstanding friend here has a good set of records of all things that transpire here, and possibly another set of records, too. Doubtless there is also video evidence of the person who brought this ring in. I should think, our dear friend here, would like nothing better than to clear the air.... perhaps even ... appreciate some financial assistance in the renovations now needed."

I pick up some worthless piece of merchandise, and put a few credits on the counter.
"Ya see, life can go on..."
Sawhuffa turns from the one he called Mavika who has calmed down and says, "Good Humans! Mavika says, they meant no harm sending the circle to the human. He was returning what they thought was lost. Did he do wrong?"

"No? Then they say a Human called Charlie Hart brought him the circle in exchange for 100 credits in coin. They saw the decoration on the circle in a newsy and knew it belonged to Man McLoud, not Man Hart. So they send to Man McLoud the circle, as it is his, not Mavika's, not Man Hart's. Is this so?"

"Now, I Sawhuffa say, who is it that will fix all that has been broken?"

The blonde who has been listening, "I will cover the costs of all the damages."

"It's just that when William's ring was delivered, Papa Rex, Lord Feathershuff, and I were alone. He rushed out and took the car before I could find James. I was doing well, to get into the car before he tore out of driveway."
she sighs and pulls a card from a well concealed pocket in her dress,"I was afraid he was going to kill us both before he got over here. I'm glad no one was physically hurt, breakage, we can pay for."

After settling up with everyone, she says,"If you will help me get the limo back on the street, I'll try to get Lord Feathershuff home without further incident."

Feathershuff, who appears to be feeling much better, says,"I want to know where this Charlie Hart got that ring. Find out for me and I'll pay you 10,000 credits!"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#149 Post by bruce.desertrat »

After settling up with everyone, she says,"If you will help me get the limo back on the street, I'll try to get Lord Feathershuff home without further incident."

Feathershuff, who appears to be feeling much better, says,"I want to know where this Charlie Hart got that ring. Find out for me and I'll pay you 10,000 credits!"
Pedro will help get the limo back on the street. "We'll see if we can't find this 'Charlie Hart'. I'm glad everyone's ok."

He returns to the shop.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Do you understand?" she whispers, "That's why finding Lord William is so dreadfully important to him.
"I'm sorry," Zaki says quietly. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#151 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"Do you understand?" she whispers, "That's why finding Lord William is so dreadfully important to him.
"I'm sorry," Zaki says quietly. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
"Knowing one way are the other about William soon so we can make plans is all anyone can do now."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Knowing one way are the other about William soon so we can make plans is all anyone can do now."
"I think my friends are starting on that now." Zaki steps back to allow the others to push the limo back onto the street. Her hip is aching fiercely now, and she leans against an intact wall. Fortunately, there are some very effective pain meds she can use. Unfortunately, she has none. She retrieves her holo display and slips it into place over her right eye. Then, she searches for the nearest pharmacy, and looks up the local laws on the type of pain meds she needs.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo replies to the remaining vendors, "See, She is willing to pay for the damages."
"She better be" the financially injured vendors grumble, but head for Lady Jane to get paid. She does so before driving off...slowly.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#155 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:

Pedro will help get the limo back on the street. "We'll see if we can't find this 'Charlie Hart'. I'm glad everyone's ok."

He returns to the shop.
Sawhuffa says,"Thank you for your help. The Man was too upset to listen and that upset Mavika and they voder broke. All calm now!"

"You help Man find this Charlie Hart? Yes?" Mavika says through its voder, "I can show photo and place he say he live."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#156 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:Her hip is aching fiercely now, and she leans against an intact wall. Fortunately, there are some very effective pain meds she can use. Unfortunately, she has none. She retrieves her holo display and slips it into place over her right eye. Then, she searches for the nearest pharmacy, and looks up the local laws on the type of pain meds she needs.
Zaki finds that there is a pharmacy on the next block. It should have what she needs, and local laws on the Starport allow her to get most any sort of pain med she would need. Off the port property, though, she would need a prescription from a locally certified MD to get, or even have, most of them.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Zaki finds that there is a pharmacy on the next block. It should have what she needs, and local laws on the Starport allow her to get most any sort of pain med she would need. Off the port property, though, she would need a prescription from a locally certified MD to get, or even have, most of them.
Zaki looks around for Carlos, spots him, and makes her way painfully to him. "I need to get some medications," she says quietly. "There's a pharmacy over there," she points. "I could use a little help, though." She smiles, gritting her teeth against the pain.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#158 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Zaki finds that there is a pharmacy on the next block. It should have what she needs, and local laws on the Starport allow her to get most any sort of pain med she would need. Off the port property, though, she would need a prescription from a locally certified MD to get, or even have, most of them.
Zaki looks around for Carlos, spots him, and makes her way painfully to him. "I need to get some medications," she says quietly. "There's a pharmacy over there," she points. "I could use a little help, though." She smiles, gritting her teeth against the pain.
Carlos nods. "Guys, we'll be back in a Daibei minute." He helps support her to the street, starts walking her where she needs to go.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "Guys, we'll be back in a Daibei minute." He helps support her to the street, starts walking her where she needs to go.
Zaki hobbles along, leaning heavily against Carlos' supporting arm as she goes. "I made a fool of myself back there with that man. I completely forgot that anagathics cause all sorts of issues." She hisses in pain when she tries to put her weight on her right leg. "I admit that my specialty is trauma, but still."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos nods. "Guys, we'll be back in a Daibei minute." He helps support her to the street, starts walking her where she needs to go.
Zaki hobbles along, leaning heavily against Carlos' supporting arm as she goes. "I made a fool of myself back there with that man. I completely forgot that anagathics cause all sorts of issues." She hisses in pain when she tries to put her weight on her right leg. "I admit that my specialty is trauma, but still."
"I never got that. You just can't cheat the clock. They can pump you up with the best drakh on the market, but when your clock winds down, you're serious khest. And the prices they want. Bozhe, takes the Emp's ransom to fill those."
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”