McGregor's Revenge, pirating in the islands.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: McGregor's Revenge, pirating in the islands.

#261 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics

For the cost of upgrade it doesn't seem so bad if it keeps him from burning. He has some studded leather already but orders this new set. Where is this timber yard? What does the resin actually look like?

"Midnight? strange time for the forge to stay open. But I can come back later."

As we go through the courtyard or to the fitting rooms, what can Szmodics note concerning the house or grounds or about these elves?

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#262 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Holden only half listens to Barlow as his focus is on all the instruments almost forgetting the skins and the crafting all at once staring in glee and trying the different instruments out of simply curiosity. Once he had enough fun he will turn to Barlow drop 30 gold pieces for the skins, "I am sorry that the gods were not favorable to you despite the clear love you show for music but who is this Sirens you speak of? or are you just referring the creature known for dragging sailors off their ships?"

Holden
smiles at Pascale's five fingers discount and tries to sway Barlow's attention towards him by playing the various instruments

30 gold removed
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#263 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Spearmint wrote:At Flint Street Forge

Raleigh nods at Pocc's interest."My Fleur can tailor you guys out, you both like of average builds so we might have some cuts with little additions to do. The resin takes a couple of days boiling in and then drying, that is the longer task. Three days to ready, but ... it can be worth the wait." to demonstrate he dips his right gloved hand into the fiery forge keeping it their longer than you would expect. "No magic in it just good knowledge of creations gifts." (same price as standard chain at 75gp, if you can source the resin)

A slim elf lady takes you into the rear smithy store and picks out some pre-cut samples of armour. You note a couple of large black felines come out from the open door to the rear house and cross the courtyard to playfully prowl around her feet, their golden eyes watching you as they pet the elf women with their furry heads for attention. Roger & Gaston bob their twin heads at them and remark, "such graceful creatures, panthers from the jungles. Sharp teeth though." One head whispers into Pocc's ears, "Someone hides in the dark. Don't go into their house, I fear your blood may be spilled if you do!"
Pocc to Raleigh "Sounds fair enough and if we are unable to obtain the resin? Would the cost be the same? Three days sounds fair to me. I agree with my friend though that the hour does sound odd for forging and remaining open."

the druid whispers back to Roger & Gaston
"Worry not I make no plans to enter someone's home. I'd like for my blood to remain where it is. Your advice is welcomed."
to Szmodics the druid merely gives a knowing look of something doesn't sound right about this, shrugs and follows him out of the shop to return later hopefully with the resin.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin

Takes aim with the long range musket and obviously struggles with the improved range, his instincts off, but he can see where it would be more than able to reach out and touch someone and nods after his second miss. "It's me, not the gun. Kicks like a Mule but I really like it. I'd love to shoot it some more, see if I can adjust for the range. Beautiful craftsmanship!"

Musket @ Improved Med Range 160' [1d20-5] = 4-5 = -1 damage [2d4] = 2

Musket @ Improved Med Range 160' [1d20-5] = 6-5 = 1 damage [2d4] = 6

He moves over to the High Calibur gun next and grins looking it over. He chooses a much closer target and takes aim at it. He laughs at the big boom and the kick of the gun.

The Big Gun [1d20-1] = 14-1 = 13 DMG [2d6] = 6+[1d4] = 2

The Big Gun [1d20-1] = 13-1 = 12 DMG [2d6] = 6+[1d4] = 1

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Spearmint »

Exploring the Freeport:

In the Grinning Ogre Tavern: Zoggrot and Goldie engage the barman and the group of militia conscripts with talk of the 'Guineaman' ship. Zoggrot gathers some background information and suggests that they form a team to investigate the vessel. The militia men drawing the short straws say that the "guards are not supposed to allow anyone on board," but figure "its your funeral and maybe your body floating in the sea,". So they suggest that in the evening any group sneaks along the seafront promenade and duck behind the sea wall. The tide is high but if you don't mind your feet getting wet you can sneak to the jetty hidden from the view of the guardsmen behind the cannon embankments, Then clamber through the inside of the jetty structure to emerge at the ships midsection or go the whole way to the stern end."30gp gets a blind eye, another set of drinks and a cleric to bury your remains."

Geoffrey
gathers rumours from the travelling merchants. Tales of disfigured beauties and gold on tap. The stranger offering the vambraces retells his story."I won them from a Gauloise major. Took to his wench in some far off corner and he threw down the gauntlet to challenge me, man-to-man. He had a flashing rapier and pointed dirk and when he stood duelling he was always more than a match for any man. When he saluted the 'en garde', I did the decent thing...." The gathered merchants laugh and guffaw as he produces a shortened stocked muskets from under his cloak."Shot him at point blank and made my point right and clear, through his temple! ha ha " He turns and continues with Geoffrey, admiring his long sword and deft graces. "If you want a reputation with the ladies and officers then go with these, if you want one with the notorious outlaws then try one of these."he says waving the pistol before cloaking it again.

Decisions form you guys please for your next actions.

At the Owl and Pussycat Tavern: Siggard and Van de Poel engage two mages in a conversation cloaked by the audible glamour from the hearing of others. The mages Lemuel and Mordechai express concern that Siggard asks regarding a 'banana spider' figuring he covertly provokes their interest in 'The Golden Orb Weaver', a wizard of legendary mythos in the higher echelons of arcane society. One such spider, summoned form the hand of Lemuel races across the table to Siggard who stares at it frozen in thought. Van de Poel sits with the golem spear. It's blue arcing sparks more jittery and spasmodic. The mages wait for your reactions.

At Ruby's Lock, Stock and Barrel: Rexlin and Fishy takes pot shots with the array of new fangled weapons. In the firing range they sport with cut-out targets, testing the quality and workmanship of the goods. It is obvious to all that Fishy favours a cutlass and the bloody cut and thrust of melee. The upgraded muskets look good but the price is steep."220gp for the first one and 280gp for the second. Unless you want to haggle like a sea-gypsy vagabond, that's a straight deal for a straight man."Ruby says licking her lips and chewing on some tobacco. She spits when she mentions the gypsies. She waits as you weigh the muskets and the costs in your mind, you still have the pistol to sort out if you want any additions. Looking around the shack you can figure most of the buying patrons are stocking up on supplies of ammo, new firing pins and cleaning equipment. They look set to go off on an expedition. "Crab hunting, its the season again, heaven help us and our little ones."one old crooked ranger sighs. He nods in the direction of the large crustacean targets and spits also a stream of tobacco cud,"Every few years they creep ashore up the creeks to mate and lay eggs. Every farm from the south to the mines at Mangrove will be overrun with horny and clawed devils. If you are there you baton down the hatches and wait in hope, but these storms don't just blow over. They brew for many weeks."

The men discuss rumours that this season will be worse than the last. Actions Rexlin please.

At Flint Street Forge: the civilities seem to be over. Raleigh the elven smith and his wife Fleur take the orders from Szmodics and Pocc regarding getting upgraded studded leathers. A simple enough request added to by Szmodics handing over a halberd head and asking for it to be sharpened. Poccs' companion ettin snake reveals someone hiding in the house who might have some evil intent should they intrude, but pointed in the direction of the timber yard the pair must decide how they wish to get their hands on the precious and elusive resin used to make things flame retardant. Actions please.

At Barlows Blast: Holden buys some skins for his drum crafting and learns of the types of sound he can make with the differing thicknesses and tensions. There is an art to it that he is yet to learn but Holden is willing as ever to learn new skills. Barlow the music shop patron is delighted he has an interested customer, much better than the castaways seeking a new concertina or lute made from turtle shell. He tells you he can source most musical items for his contacts in the trade go Carib wide but specific items might need to be especially made. He gestures at the tubular bells. They are a strange item you have not seen the like of before. Percussion instruments and clanging cymbals are common but these resonate a very clear and distinct note, keeping it as it vibrates the sound waves and crucially the sound makes the crystals 'wax and wane' warm pastel colours as it sounds. "The Sirens? well every bard worth their sea salt knows of them surely? Ah no? maybe Andros's best kept secret and we must keep some of those lest every vain screecher who 'can't sing, can't dance' will turn up on these shores.!"

He explains that,"All musical maestros' have a gift. It's almost supernatural. Much like mages can evoke spells and clerics call forth divine blessings, so each collegiate bard can twist and turn the very sounds of life and breath, pulling at heart strings and stirring souls with their mastery of arts. Budding scholars are vocationally called, some by dream, some by quest to go and sing in the Crystal cave where the Sirens Lair. Those who perform well are strangely blessed with a unique instrument to entertain and inspire the world." Doubting his own courage and convictions Barlow admits shamefully that he turned back and never sang in front of them."You should go hear the church organist play to understand what I mean!", he suggests.

Pascale quips that she can acquire some whale skin for the man for a price, tucking away her harmonica unseen. Iggway, seems at home among the carved pipes and wind chimes.next actions and verbals please.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Stirling »

my understanding is that the McGregor's Revenge will be in Nicholl's Freeport several days due to the sloop repairs and copper plating the hull, so there appears less urgency to do things straight away and getting the upgraded armour can be done anytime we are in port?

So with those thoughts in mind, Szmodics will pay the deposit necessary for the armour and track down the site of the timber yard. Is it a guarded place and is there a foreman on site, armed guards?

GreyWolfVT

#267 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Stirling wrote:my understanding is that the McGregor's Revenge will be in Nicholl's Freeport several days due to the sloop repairs and copper plating the hull, so there appears less urgency to do things straight away and getting the upgraded armour can be done anytime we are in port?

So with those thoughts in mind, Szmodics will pay the deposit necessary for the armour and track down the site of the timber yard. Is it a guarded place and is there a foreman on site, armed guards?
Pocc pays the deposit and will go where Szmodics goes perhaps other things can be learned in the time the crew will be in port while the ship gets repaired and upgraded.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Bluehorse »

Spearmint wrote:Exploring the Freeport:
At Ruby's Lock, Stock and Barrel: Rexlin and Fishy takes pot shots with the array of new fangled weapons. In the firing range they sport with cut-out targets, testing the quality and workmanship of the goods. It is obvious to all that Fishy favours a cutlass and the bloody cut and thrust of melee. The upgraded muskets look good but the price is steep."220gp for the first one and 280gp for the second. Unless you want to haggle like a sea-gypsy vagabond, that's a straight deal for a straight man."Ruby says licking her lips and chewing on some tobacco. She spits when she mentions the gypsies. She waits as you weigh the muskets and the costs in your mind, you still have the pistol to sort out if you want any additions. Looking around the shack you can figure most of the buying patrons are stocking up on supplies of ammo, new firing pins and cleaning equipment. They look set to go off on an expedition. "Crab hunting, its the season again, heaven help us and our little ones."one old crooked ranger sighs. He nods in the direction of the large crustacean targets and spits also a stream of tobacco cud,"Every few years they creep ashore up the creeks to mate and lay eggs. Every farm from the south to the mines at Mangrove will be overrun with horny and clawed devils. If you are there you baton down the hatches and wait in hope, but these storms don't just blow over. They brew for many weeks."

The men discuss rumours that this season will be worse than the last. Actions Rexlin please.
Nods at the price. "What kind of deal on both and the pistol upgrades? I'm also wanting to sell you the old mariner's musket.
Maybe you can make a good snake bashing club out of it for one of your goons out front. He looked like he could use a sawed-off."
He grins and leans in. "Mon, darlin', You know I am good business. Clean me out of coin and I might have to shack up with you. Wouldn't that be awful, sweetie? I don't even like waking up to me. And don't get me started on fishy here." He grins at his friend and winks.

Aside: Rex listens to the Ranger and looks genuinely concerned. "So you say these big horny buggards are going to come right up on land and take over? Are they hard to take down? Good eatin? When you say storm, you are talking about how many crabs are coming up or do you mean there really are storms a comin in?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by onlyme »

Geoffrey
gathers rumours from the travelling merchants. Tales of disfigured beauties and gold on tap. The stranger offering the vambraces retells his story."I won them from a Gauloise major. Took to his wench in some far off corner and he threw down the gauntlet to challenge me, man-to-man. He had a flashing rapier and pointed dirk and when he stood duelling he was always more than a match for any man. When he saluted the 'en garde', I did the decent thing...." The gathered merchants laugh and guffaw as he produces a shortened stocked muskets from under his cloak."Shot him at point blank and made my point right and clear, through his temple! ha ha " He turns and continues with Geoffrey, admiring his long sword and deft graces. "If you want a reputation with the ladies and officers then go with these, if you want one with the notorious outlaws then try one of these."he says waving the pistol before cloaking it again.
Geoffrey checks to see how much pistol he can purchase with his meager funds.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#270 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard studies the men's movements closely, but not obviously. He tries to discern if the squashed spider trick was a spell effect of some kind, or if it is indeed a real, living creature. When it crawls towards him he pulls back at first, not sure if he should let it touch him or not.

Watching for the men's reactions to his concern, he slowly and dramatically holds his right palm out at the edge of the table to see if the arachnid will climb aboard.

He glances over to Gin with a slight look of concern on his face, as if to say, avenge me.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#271 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Holden's interest in the subject is increasing with every word that Barlow speaks about the Sirens, "WHAT BARLOW??? You were called and didn''t take the chance? For shame my friend, a chance like this should be seized even if the consequence is death!! It sounds like the sort of call that should not be ignored", he catches himself being too hard on the man then speaks once more, "Now, you gotta promise me Barlow that if you were to be called once more you will go! No matter what! If the Sirens called you once then you are no normal mortal, heed the call!", he adds some over the top dramatic hand motions.

Holden will check the tubular bells, holding them in hand and trying to feel the vibrations as they sound and see the colors.

Holden will try to check if he knows anything about the tubular bells
Legend Lore(5): [1d100] = 82
or the sirens
Legend Lore(5): [1d100] = 23
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by onlyme »

Geoffrey follows his crewmates to the guineaman.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Spearmint »

Exploring the Freeport:

The Owl and Pussycat Tavern: Siggard and Van de Poel watch as the colourful long legged spider sprints menacingly across the table between the flagons of ale stopping short of Siggard's palm until he reaches outstretched and offers the spider a lift up. The spider waves a leg or two as if tasting the air and then inches over his fingers before biting into the fleshy palm. Instinctively Siggard's nerves contract and his fingers curl into a ball and in the spasm he squashes the spider completely. When he uncurls his fingers a moment later the only remnant remaining is a bloody blackened spot in the centre of his hand. Lemuel reaches across and grabs your hand and wipes the mess with a tissue, leaving behind a circular inked blot like mark, a spidery tattoo. "My apologises for any consternation, the mark will take only on a prestidigitators hand,"he opens his own left palm and you can see a twinned tattoo also. Mordechai nods without showing his hand while looking around as the gathered mages drinking in the tavern. He speaks over the audible glamour placed on the table. "Those who seek the Golden Orb Weaver are often 'sought after'."he says with a hint that mentioning the legendary wizard is enough to trigger some piqued interest.

Calming your nerves, the pair buy another round of drinks for you and VdP, and ask about your travels so far."You seem to have garnered quite a cache of oddments and accessories and no doubt trumped up stories to tell." they say and listen to your recounting of life on the McGregor and the adventures you have had, minus any bits you would rather keep secret.

The blot tattoo is similar to an 'amulet of proof against detection and location'. It is not a permanent marker however but a ward which fades or grows as 'interest' in you is sought.

Ask any more of these two mages or chat to other folk gathered in the inn. Then I'll move on to a group action.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Spearmint »

Exploring the Freeport:

Ruby's Lock, Stock and Barrel: Rexlin Dupre and Fishy try to turn on the charm and haggle with ruby for a good deal. She spits tobacco claiming"you guys are worse than the sea gypsies and claims wouldn't know a jellied eel if it crawled up the beach and bit you on the ass." At which point you can show her your Mako shark scar. The posing, counter bargaining and Gaulish humour continues until you feel that a compromise can be reached."195gp with no value added tax mark up on the first, have to get all my papers straight, you know Gauloise bureaucracy, can't do a deal for less than 245gpon the second. I can bastardize the old musket into spare parts and settle you something nice on your pistol. It's nicely engraved, I like engraved things, in silver too, just like for my dining service. Got any silver sea trinkets from your captains cabin for my own bedside salon?" Ruby asks.

The rangers respond to you questions about the seasonal invasion of crustaceans."Happens in the hurricane seasons. They come together like a wave of creatures, all of one purpose and mind. To mate and spawn, lay their eggs and then for some they just curl up and die. Others trundle back to the sea and after molting new exoskeletons they come back bigger and badder and hungrier and hornier than ever. Creeping into every crags and niches, they look for safe spots to bury the eggs. Could be miles inland in the south mangroves, could be right in your own backyard. The crabs will tear and pluck you out of house and home, clamber over ever ship, run down every tunnel, chase the miners out and besiege the fort. And they return to the place they were laid so the carbs always come home and if you are living on their patch well, there just ain't room enough for the both of you!"

He paints the following picture ...

[img]
Andros crustacean invasion.jpg
Andros crustacean invasion.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
[/img]

Rexlin, complete your bargaining for the muskets if you wish and then you can ask more information on the rumoured crabs. After I will bring you back into a group choice.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Spearmint »

Exploring the Freeport:

Barlows Blast: Holden the Bard cannot understand why the proprietor would turn down a chance to impress the wondrous Sirens and receive a notable musical gift. He tries to recall from his own studies anything particular regarding such fantasy fey women dwelling in the islands. You only seem to recall certain folk tales of sailors who pass through the Florida Straits to the NW of the Andros Island. The sailors have a choice to make during their journeys, sail too close to the mainland and be subject to raids from savage tribes, stick to the middle channel and be subject to occasional deep sea squids and sea serpents or sail close to the Andros coastline and be lured onto the reefs by the 'wooing and enticingly haunting melodies' which echo out of Sirens Bay. Some crews say entire ships were lost in the straits, other say crewmen lowered jollies to row to unknown fates after hearing the celestial crooning. Bards however counter these dramatic tales by claiming their gifts from singing in front of appreciative experts. You are not sure what to make of the tales, a mixture of fairy story and unfulfilled hopes. Barlow shows you the tubular bells. They are arranged dangling from a parallel bar in a size and musical pitch order. the bells when struck with a small tuning fork resonate with sound and as described before the audio seems to create a glowing inner radiance to the rock crystals which glow with warm light until the sounded note fades."These ones were sculptured from harvested pieces and are worth many hundreds of gold. The dwarven craft smiths can create table lamps and small object d'art from the various minerals they find. They all come from the Crystal Cave but the location is supposedly very dangerous for the miners. They always take musical impresario's along though if you are looking for adventure."

Barlow shares that several performers play lutes and flutes in the taverns but the most notable musician is the church organist. Iggway and Pascale conclude their own exploration of the showroom and hasten to check in on the settler folk. Out of the divided plunder the settlers have been given a share to enable them to get a head start and farm somewhere. Presently they are housed in scattered hostels and have met daily in the church to acquaint themselves to the town. The priest in charge is a cleric of All Saints priory. He tries to warmly greet the two women without showing too much distrust to a dagger belted Halfling and some tribal shaman, but young Erika spots Iggway in the foyer and over a simple meal tells you that"several farm cottages in the north are for sale and they could all be moving soon." There is a festive service the next night and she thinks that might be a farewell if you can attend.

Holden and Iggway give me you actions and if nothing else you want to find out or discover or trade for then I will move your shopping trips to a conclusion.

The Grinning Ogre Tavern: Zoggrot, Goldie and Geoffrey spend the afternoon in the tavern, enjoying beers and engaging locals in small talk and rumour gathering. Geoffrey has bought some leather vambraces which he sports proudly on his forearms. He is not sure what they might do, apart from deflect some cut and thrust of melee. Zoggrot is interested in exploring the strange 'Guineaman' ship moored to the far jetty. The militia group exit with some men drawing short draws and a duty of watch over the vessel. They have promised to turn a blind eye to you going on board later in the evening if you can skip past the guard captains and the gun emplacements, but offered no guarantees to you safety. Next actions or questions is any and I will conclude your excursion.
If you want to go forward with that then I will start a thread for it.

Nicholls Timber Yard: Szmodics and Pocc wander along the congested alley ways to the harbour docks. A timber yard is one of the largest structures there. The walled complex has a large gatehouse on the street front and the entrance seems to be through the two large wooden gates. Open presently you can gaze into the yard. Several stacks of wooden planks and unsawn trunks are piled up in haphazard rows. A stable building is on one side, with large wagons inside and grooms currently 'mucking out' with huge shovels. Timber framed stores and mess rooms form a little square in the near corner and one slate roofed building an office sign droops. Most men about seem to labour about at mundane tasks, measuring, sawing, hammering. Above the gatehouse the guards appear armed but patrol nonchalantly in the afternoon sun.

Give me your actions please.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics

"It looks fairly normal. Are we expecting anything less." Armed guards? We know the timber yard coats frames in this fire retardant resin for use in the posh mansions. How simple to just ask to buy some flasks of it? Szmodics begins to think that perhaps Raleigh has sent them here for another purpose?

With a shrug he enters the open gates to walk towards the office.

GreyWolfVT

#277 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Stirling wrote:Szmodics

"It looks fairly normal. Are we expecting anything less." Armed guards? We know the timber yard coats frames in this fire retardant resin for use in the posh mansions. How simple to just ask to buy some flasks of it? Szmodics begins to think that perhaps Raleigh has sent them here for another purpose?

With a shrug he enters the open gates to walk towards the office.
Pocc shrugs "The guards make sense though lumber is a highly sought commodity I'd expect with all the ships and what not docking here needing repairs." the sea druid surmises and walks in with Szmodics.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#278 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Owl and Pussycat Tavern: Siggard and Van de Poel watch as the colourful long legged spider sprints menacingly across the table between the flagons of ale stopping short of Siggard's palm until he reaches outstretched and offers the spider a lift up. The spider waves a leg or two as if tasting the air and then inches over his fingers before biting into the fleshy palm. Instinctively Siggard's nerves contract and his fingers curl into a ball and in the spasm he squashes the spider completely. When he uncurls his fingers a moment later the only remnant remaining is a bloody blackened spot in the centre of his hand. Lemuel reaches across and grabs your hand and wipes the mess with a tissue, leaving behind a circular inked blot like mark, a spidery tattoo. "My apologises for any consternation, the mark will take only on a prestidigitators hand,"he opens his own left palm and you can see a twinned tattoo also. Mordechai nods without showing his hand while looking around as the gathered mages drinking in the tavern. He speaks over the audible glamour placed on the table. "Those who seek the Golden Orb Weaver are often 'sought after'."he says with a hint that mentioning the legendary wizard is enough to trigger some piqued interest.

Calming your nerves, the pair buy another round of drinks for you and VdP, and ask about your travels so far."You seem to have garnered quite a cache of oddments and accessories and no doubt trumped up stories to tell." they say and listen to your recounting of life on the McGregor and the adventures you have had, minus any bits you would rather keep secret.

The blot tattoo is similar to an 'amulet of proof against detection and location'. It is not a permanent marker however but a ward which fades or grows as 'interest' in you is sought.

Ask any more of these two mages or chat to other folk gathered in the inn. Then I'll move on to a group action.
Siggard and Gin speak freely with the mages once the tension dies down some. They tell of their tales as they sip their drinks, not intending to overindulge. The mage asks around about his more mysterious items, hoping that the 2 men might be familiar with how any of them work, or at least know someone who might. He keeps looking at the new mark on his hand, wondering if he should be worried about it at all.

"I would certainly like to learn more about this enigmatic wizard. What else can you offer someone seeking such knowledge?"

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#279 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Holden is baffled by the price, checks his wallet and sighs. He asks Barlow about the directions to the church to see the organist for himself.

He heads there with haste and enthusiasm

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin

He grins and puts his hand out. "you've got a deal, gorgeous. I got your coins here. Now... while my compatriot here gets in some target practice, where can i take a lady like you for dinner?" he thrust the high caliber rifle at Fishy. "Happy birthday and thanks for pullin me out of the drink before."

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”