Ambergris Cays exploration:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Ambergris Cays exploration:

#161 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome! I look forward to the bump! The break will give me time to go back and make sure I didn't miss anything. :D

"Survived the......? Well I'll have you know that I didn't just survive it! I bested and killed the beastly hag one on one in mortal combat! Dear gods man, is that not worth a little credibility?

No need for apologies though, Pocc. I sensed no snippiness in your words. We were all running on pure adrenaline for most of the encounter anyway."

SHS rounds up and sacks as many live crabs as he can find to bring back for the crew's celebratory feast. For he is most certain that if the other away crews did as well as his party, the captain will be quite pleased.

He tries to get the story of the ogre battle out of the others as they row back to the ship.

"We didn't get a chance to share stories and brag about our conquest. What actually happened with that sea ogre? Pocc, I noticed little scratches on your face and arms. There was also dirt covering your knees and elbows. Did the beast knock you to the ground? How did you all survive an attack from such a huge beast?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc shame upon his face sighs but tells the truth of the story"Actually I entagled the beast and we ran back to the ruins it broke free and found us. I having little experience being a battle commander suggested running even splitting up however Eli and Gin stood their ground and fought despite two of us being bad weakened and barely able to use our weapons. I fell as it attacked me and being inspired by their bravery attacked the beast as it sought to skewer me it having bad aim missed and I was able to hamstring the beast while Eli and Gin also dealt it deadly blows felling it. Surprisingly as i thought we were surely out matched, but it appears the oversized brute was a bit of a dunderhead that or Poseidon smiled upon us."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Inferno »

Elijah Crowthorn, ancient mariner:

"T'was Poseidon, be sure of it lad!" Old Eli grumbled. Then his face softened as he looked upon the wee babe. "Ah. Thar be treasure."
He softly croaked a prayer of protection and safekeeping for this newborn soul, born of the foam.

Then, "Now, elf man, whar be this wretched sea hag's lair? I would inspect it fer any lingerin' evil that needs seein' to! Did ye touch anythin' when ye went in there? Th' brides of Davy Jones truck with much wickedness. Place a man's soul at hazard."

(I'm back.) :)
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#164 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Again Siggard can't believe that his baby saving heroics that nearly killed him is completely lost on his comrades.

Nice to see that you yet live too, Eli! Don't worry bout little ol' me.

There was nothing left in the lair of the hag. I triple checked it myself. Trust me, you don't want to go back there at all. The ship is where we need to be going, not back to that hump of rock.

Welcome back to the game!

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli erupts, "Worry about ye?! Ye kilt an old woman! Do ye be wantin' a medal pinned on ye chest? Elfs!
"Enough. We all earned our keep today, lad,"
he grunts, glancing at his trident, still wet with the blood of a sea ogre. "Well, exceptin' Pocc, here. But I'm sure he'll be doin' better next time."

"Lead the way to this den of evil! Let's be sure an' finish the job! There's priestly work needin' to be done!"

Thanks! Rather than rush back to the ship and wait for the other PCs, let's check it out. What could go wrong? :lol:
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#166 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc just sighs and shakes his head already feeling bad enough as it is...saying nothing but having a lot on his mind.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#167 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard Hagslayer

Lets row over there then since we're already in the damn boat! I'm telling ya that we ain't gonna find anything else!

Under his breath and more to himself, he mutters. Ya, but there was three of you.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Spearmint »

Four men in a boat...and a baby

The group discuss the merits of further searching the cove for ambergris. The waves constantly washing loose seaweed and large kelp fronds onto the reef and shore line. It looks a long and fruitless task to be searching for deposits of pungent whale excretia, the stink and salty air masking any resemblance of identical fragrance that might waft across the area.

Wanting to check out the hag lair, despite Siggards insistence that the place has been searched and warning Elijah of the deadly spore traps that may abound in the entrance, the three have a look see. Perhaps Siggard missed something of worth. Toads croak and bones crick as they walk down the entry. In anticipation of something terrible the hags' tongue waves in the wind to grab a buzzing meat fly, her single eye rolling back and forth like a loose marble.

"Told you so! says Siggard loudly, quite annoyed at the loss of time. The baby cries for food.

The decision is made to abandon the island and row the miles across the ocean back to the sloop (cue rolling of dice....),
the group finally achieving the harbour in the late evening, weary, hungry and wet but alive.

okay folks decide what to do with the bits and bobs you found or I will apportion it.

You can all continue to post here to discuss treasure and stuff and post again in the Captain Lazarus forum when the other two parties return soon.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#169 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard Hagslayer grabs up baby Amber and everything else he accumulated from the hag encounter and heads off towards the ship.

"I need to get these crabs to the butcher before they are dead so he can serve em up to the crew!"

GreyWolfVT

#170 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc with nothing really to carry offers his services "Siggard I can help carry some of your things I've not got much to worry about carrying. Aside from the trident from the ogre."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli squints at the baby's pendant to see if it gives any clue to her real name.

Just saw the Treasure thread. Looks like the gold was evenly divided.
We got 3 magic items: two scrolls and a cloak of warmth. How shall we divide these up?
Anything else from the hag's lair that you'd like to declare, OM?
:roll: :D

At dawn, the hoary sea priest casts Detect Magic on the entire haul. "Let's see if thar be any lingerin' secrets here."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#172 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc humbly declines to take any additional magic items that were located in the hags cave only taking the share of coin and the few magic items from the wreck and the ogre. "Yes the pendant what do you make of it Eli?" the sea druid will too come closer to get a better look of the Baby's pendant.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#173 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The cloak is obviously the most desired item, and I wouldn't mind claiming it myself. However, I'm sure that, as the only wizard among us, and the only other items being arcane in nature, my shot at acquiring it will be minimal.

There is this pistol as well. We should be able to evaluate its worth without trouble. The hag had 213 gold pieces that I would be happy to use as compensation in any deals we make as well.

The only other magical item I got from the hag I will keep as my own. (you'll see) I'd like it as a memento from our battle and my very first near demise. The beast nearly killed my three times, you know! Where is Gin! He will tell my story!

As a player, I always want ALL of the treasure so, I better let someone else divide it up. :lol:
I'm cool with just taking the calendar and the pistol.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Inferno »

If it's not magical, let's sell the pistol and divide its worth please. Or Sigg could forego his share of coin for it, if that adds up.
Sigg already has two scrolls and the secret treasure from the hag's lair that is too valuable to reveal.

Pocc, can Eli have the Cloak of Warmth?
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#175 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ya, I was thinking of the gold as compensation for the pistol.

Or we can sell it too, whatever works best.

GreyWolfVT

#176 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah Pocc does have interest in anything other than the belt he took, the dabloon and the ogre spear he'll just sell or see if other crew members can make use of it. Beyond that nothing else has much use or desire to the druid.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by Inferno »

Thanks guys.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#178 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Inferno wrote:Thanks guys.
You're welcome. ;)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Spearmint »

Four men and a baby

The group return to Cockburn Harbour. Tying the jolly off at the far end of the promenade they create quite a sight as 'Gin' Van de Poel, takes the hags head staff and holding it aloft declares, "Make may for Siggard the Hagslayer,", with a slight tinge of regret he never thought of taking the ogres in the same fashion.

Several maidens shriek and call at the rolling eye and wagging tongue, the head bloating with rot and excreting pus from every orifice. Comforted in the warmth of the cloak, now worn by Elijah, baby Amber snuggles. While the group traverse a few back street bazaars to flog some loot he is able to find a young wet nurse and she will be happy to come to the sloop to feed baby while the ship is docked for a few extra coins. Gypsy herself, you can make enquiries with her assistance as to the baby's identity and the unfortunate ship that was wrecked.

After exalting in your victory in a side tavern and putting group disputes aside, the party board the McGregors' Revenge. The side hull and deck have been hastily repaired and Captain Lazarus and steward Mr Perryman await your initial reports.

unless you want to report in the private forum, the Captain will just take a brief from the forum notes.

please roll for your 2nd level hp and record any additional class spells, features you may gain.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#180 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hit Die [1d4] = 3

I can pick one spell?

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”