All aboard: Captain Lazarus.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: All aboard: Captain Lazarus.

#281 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics will arrange his hammock and store his stuff in the locker. Awaiting orders from the captain or taking his duty on guard, watch or in the rigging. If free he will visit Catriona the doppelganger just to check on her and also circulate with the crew, 'Shifty', 'Fishy', 'Grumpy', etc.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by onlyme »

Geoffrey feels relief to be back at sea after his multiple mud baths.

Howd everyone like the islands? I hope the next one is a bit friendlier.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#283 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc after a few moments lost in his own thoughts decides to hand off the giant fork from the sea ogre to the nearest crew mate "Here add this to the ships armory." then the sea druid sets off to do his required duties aboard the ship, making well sure to report his spells to the captain or next in command if the captain is not to be disturbed.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#284 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hotgoblin wrote:Iggway Gwequay (Shaman) walks over to Siggard, jokingly she says, I see that you only brought some of your friend back with you! Where is the rest of her? Do you think you'd be able to part with a little more? I would like to pull 13 strands of her hair. Iggy waits for his response.
Siggard is glad that at least one crew member has acknowledged his souvenir. He motions to Gin to hand the speared head over towards the native woman.

"Take as many as you'd like, witch. I only wish I could make them smell a little better for you. But I'm sure you are used to horrible smells, working with the butcher and all. I have saved some organs and other things as well, in case they are good for magic spells. Tell me, Iggway......what do you want with her hairs?"

The wizard continues to look around fro a good time to address Captain Lazarus.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#285 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Holden boards the ship with a smile on his face reminiscing about the adventure he just had humming a happy tone and greeting all that passes him

As soon as he hears word of a severed which's head he runs around like a chicken that lost its head searching for Siggard and the head. Once he finds both he will circle around Siggard and the head, "Ahhhh, a bit of a let down, I thought it would float or glow, or maybe her hair would be on fire! OR her eyes would follow you! Her nose isn't even that long, I heard many tales but this, he flicks the head lightly, "looks like just an old hag.......Siggard, are you sure you didn't kill someone's grandma?"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli, sea priest:

Eli is taken aback by Rexlin. Finally he says, "Ye done a fine thing, lad. A right good offering that be. Now hold still."
The mad prophet closes his eyes and puts his worn hand on Dupre's forehead and mutters a blessing. "May Lord Poseidon bless ye and keep ye an shelter ye from th' storm."
(Casts Bless on Rexlin and his trident charm.)
Then he grumbles, "Ye be joinin' me at prayers tamarra mornin' lad. We be offerin' this to Poseidon at dawn. Don't be late. Gods ain't known fer patience."

In sickbay, Eli wheezes a cracked, rasping laugh. "I reckon a noose be one way ta fix a broken neck. All right. I'll help ye."
Unsure of it's true purpose, Eli brings Zoggrot a rope and hook anyway, willing to aid any brave, strapping lad who risked his life for his fellow crew.
"Here, lad. Use it in good health."

"Girly!" Eli implores in the brig. "Confess ye sins! Ye immortal soul be at peril!"
Last edited by Inferno on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#287 Post by OGRE MAGE »

thesniperknight1 wrote:Holden boards the ship with a smile on his face reminiscing about the adventure he just had humming a happy tone and greeting all that passes him

As soon as he hears word of a severed which's head he runs around like a chicken that lost its head searching for Siggard and the head. Once he finds both he will circle around Siggard and the head, "Ahhhh, a bit of a let down, I thought it would float or glow, or maybe her hair would be on fire! OR her eyes would follow you! Her nose isn't even that long, I heard many tales but this, he flicks the head lightly, "looks like just an old hag.......Siggard, are you sure you didn't kill someone's grandma?"
Siggard smiles again when he sees Holden showing interest in his impressive solo kill. His moment is short lived however once he notices that the bard is less than impressed with the trophy, and that there likely wont be any shanty's penned for his great deeds. "I guess she could have been someone's granny. She did take a serious liking to that BABY that I also singlehandedly saved from certain death!!! She was about to eat the poor thing, you know!!!"

The mage yanks the hags long tongue back out of her mouth for more visual accents. "She does have a rather long tongue. See?"

GreyWolfVT

#288 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc in heading off to report his spells and start on his normal duties aboard the ship will remark on the conversation about the hags head "You know you should cut off her tongue and put it on a chain, make an interesting necklace trophy."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Spearmint »

Captain Lazarus, happy that the sloop is repaired and with the wind in the sails and in his hair, takes to the quarterdeck. He stands at the rail, leaning over the banister and addresses the men (and women) assembled on board.

"Men, we have but a week or two of company together, since we signed on afresh and took the silver. It has been an eventful time to say the least and profitable too!" (cue some whooping and hollering from the crew). [/i]"However it has not been without cost and much to my chagrin. Mr Velg Simonsen and marine Cobb have reluctantly agreed to stay on the Turks and Caicos and accompany our erstwhile ally Tarik in some daring enterprise. No doubt we shall hear their tales when we return to these islands following our own endeavours upon Monte Verde. Our cause is helped by the island elders and Djebel Tarik giving ascent to any settlers we rescue, good homes and land to farm in the Providentials. We expect with all god speed and favourable winds to be in the lee of Monte Verde within a few days. In the absence of Mr Simonsen, Mr Perryman is 'acting 1st Mate'. The sloop is finely repaired under his direction and the whale meat butchered and sold for a tasty sum to cover our costs. The mariners with me on the island did a sterling job defeating a barbarous Iberian raid and have filled our medic stores with wondrous healing loam. (cheers and huzzahs'). I understand the other two excursions both met with stiff resistance and were in need of bold response. I am happy to report each bought home to ship some lady friends"....the hags head gets paraded on deck by 'Gin' Van de Poel[/i]..."we also had a more beautiful little lady Baby Amber, who I am glad to report is safely housed and suckled under the sweet breasts of the Blue Hills conclave maidens. As to the excursion in town, the young lady abroad is under 'the Captains prerogative' and confined to brig, not to be disturbed until we may discover more of her 'value and appreciative assets." (Cue more applause and ignorant huzzahs) "

The captain smiles at the waves and cheers, addressing the party characters he adds,"Anyone wishing to address the officers on deck or crew may step forward."

actions or verbals please for anyone wishing to say or do anything. After this I will conclude this forum and open another one for Monte Verde. Dismissing the crew, folk will do a routine duty and then be about ship at leisure.

GreyWolfVT

#290 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc steps forward "Sir I'd like to report my spells per regulations when you have time or another officer has time."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#291 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Holden is interested,, "A long tongued baby eating witch? Now THAT is more like a-", the captain begins to speak and Holden listens intently.

Once the captain is finished, Holden will scour the ship for a small block of wood, one that would be adequate to make a wooden figurine out of.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#292 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The overconfident and newly titled Siggard Hagslayer proudly steps forward to address the captain and crew, his tiny spider monkey Face happily bouncing up and down on his shoulder.

"Sir, Captain Lazarus, sir!!! I am happy to report that our little mission was a bit more of a success than was first revealed to you. I would also like to commend those crewmates assigned to our away mission, sir. Gin Van de Poel acted in a most brave and professional manner, undoubtedly helping us all get back in one piece. Old Eli here put the real fear of Poseidon into each of us as well. This old salt nearly single handedly took down an aquatic sea ogre. I stand by this crewman as not only a good friend, but one hell of a sailor as well. I know there are still others on board that would prefer to continue to refer to him as bad luck, but those men would bite their tongues if they would have witnessed the bravery I did watching this man!"

Seeing that the druid Pocc is still feeling down about his latest performance on the crew, the wizard decides to leave his less than heroic actions out of the speech. He thinks that there will be plenty of time for the druid yet to prove himself aboard the "Revenge". Besides, he truly believes that if the real story was told about how he crawled away from battle on his hands and knees while others risked their lives, some of the grunts on this crew would eat him alive over it. He nods confidently at Pocc but decides not to bring up his part in the tale.

Sig reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small handful of cloth that is wrapped around some smaller items. He unfolds the cloth as he continues his tale.

"Sir, Captain, sir, you may have already heard of my own personal exploits out on the island, yes? The slaying of a hideous and most dangerous monster, a full blown Sea Hag no less. Well sir, let me tell you what I retrieved from the dead Hag after I smote her down."

He hands the open cloth filled with lumps of whale puke to the captain for his inspection.

"Sir, Captain, sir! I don't know the value of such items, but finding these was the reason we went to the cay in the first place, no? I now present them to you to do with as you see fit in the name of the ship and her crew."

The mage holds up the handful of black gobs towards the crew in hopes of garnering more cheers before handing the whale ambergris over to the man. He reaches into his trousers as well and pulls out a long, banana shaped object that he was going to award to Pocc, but has since changed his mind.

"Lastly sir, Captain, sir...... I have one more reward to hand out. I took this from the hag as well, though I know not its worth."

He finds the mute Cravat and hands the wrapped rubbery tool to the little man that once stole his dagger. He winks at Pocc as the thing is being unwrapped, hoping he will also enjoy the gag.

"I am not exactly sure what it is or what it is used for, but the smell and feel of it might give you a clue. Take a good long whiff, wont you sir. He says the last word with a bit of sarcasm, hoping the crew will get the gag without too much explanation necessary.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin "Devil's Scowl" Dupre
Inferno wrote:Old Eli, sea priest:

Eli is taken aback by Rexlin. Finally he says, "Ye done a fine thing, lad. A right good offering that be. Now hold still."
The mad prophet closes his eyes and puts his worn hand on Dupre's forehead and mutters a blessing. "May Lord Poseidon bless ye and keep ye an shelter ye from th' storm."
(Casts Bless on Rexlin and his trident charm.)
Then he grumbles, "Ye be joinin' me at prayers tamarra mornin' lad. We be offerin' this to Poseidon at dawn. Don't be late. Gods ain't know fer patience."
Rexlin seems happy to have assumed correctly what would please the Brimstone Crazed cleric and his god. The trembles a little when he feels the blessing was over him, his eyes darting nervously. He'd never witnessed divine magic before, and it certainly lends to his natural superstition about such things. "Aye, aye, Morning, Brother Eli," is all he can manage. He seems about to say something more when the Captain starts up and others begin chattering about what they have been up to the past few days. Rexlin remains silent, confident he has a secure place in the Captain's entourage now, his hand straying as it often does to the bronze pistol tucked in his sash.

GreyWolfVT

#294 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc silently gives a nod acknowledging that Sig did not mention his lack of bravery at first against the sea ogre and winks back and gives the first half smile at the two gags Sig is playing at. "I too have given the sea ogre's fork as a gift to the ships armory sir! Though I too must admin Eli is a good man that just appears to get the brunt end of bad luck we nearly lost the man when investigating a ship wreck. I did my swore duties and cast healing magics on him. Though I must report that situation was truly strange."

Then taking out the gemstone adorned belt the sea druid announces "I wish to award this to our captain as a gift from our excursion I found it in the same shipwreck that we nearly lost Old Eli on."

with that he approaches the captain and gives him his spells he has memorized at the time in low enough tones that only the captain can hear. "That is all sir! I shall go back to my usual duties aboard your ship."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Spearmint »

Captain Lazarus

Raises a big smile when approached by The Hagslayer who hands over several pieces of rough nuggets, some coloured pale, almost egg shell colour with flecks of black and yellow stains. Another pair, a deeper hue of lemon, still adorned with rabid pubic hair and rugged skin scabs. (The hags not Siggards...or so he says!), The last nuggets smell of salt water and inner whale bowel movements (perhaps a true Jonah would recognise those). Indeed these former pumice stones, taken from the en-suite shower of the hags nest are the valued Ambergris stones that are reputed to be created mid-digest and then excreted in the sea to ferment so preciously. Mr Perryman puts on his 'all-seeing eyes', the dark rimmed spectacles and studiously peers at the pieces."True ambergris Sir",he says, "Probably worth several thousand each!". A roar erupts from the assembly as men begin to count on fingers and hook hands what each of their share might be.

Cravat takes hold of the wrapped parcel. Deaf and mute he feigns surprise and mimes a tense unwrapping of the gift. Men give a slow handclap as each layer is carefully unbound, getting quicker until they reach a crescendo and Cravat finally reveals a nine inch long jellified phallic symbol. A moulded head shaped rather like an Iberian helmet and several bony ridges adorn the thing which ends with two hard sea urchin balls in a flapping scrotum. The men roar with laughter, more so as Cravat chases Halfling Pascal around the deck, tickling her rear with the toy as she flees away.

Pocc approaches the Captain also, offering the Captain a token also of the encounter, the large jewel bandolier that the merrow ogre wore. The Captain receives it and adjusts his sashes and scabberd to the new attire.

"Thank you Mr Vorche," he acknowledges."And your skills on the expedition have also been duly noted. With Mr Simonsen seconded elsewhere, you may take the helm. Navigate our passage if you please to Monte Verde."

With that and several tots of rum or an extra 'dip of the flagon' into the ale barrel, the sloop and her crew sail merrily along.

I shall conclude this section here, you may still post here for conversations or actions that you characters have between yourselves, or things you may wish to do on board before the next encounter at Monte Verde or before (cue roll of dice).

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#296 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard just stands there with his mouth hanging open after the captain thanks only Pocc for his gift, and worse yet, lets him take the helm. He wonders why in the nine hells he even said anything about his amazing find in the first place.

Somewhat dejected that there was really nothing in the way of fanfare for himself other than the cheers of greedy crewmen, he shuffle-foots back to his desk in Mr. Perrymans quarters to feed his monkey and continue his studies. Perhaps he is putting too much effort into making a name for himself, he quietly thinks, hoping that revealing his incredibly valuable treasure to the captain wasn't a complete waste.

"I could have bought my own private island with that much gold." He selfishly whines to Face.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics waves the party away and then goes 'about his duties' while the sloop is at anchor offshore. He has been tasked with watching over the brig occupant, Catriona, so he goes to assess how she is and takes the food and clothes in that the doppelganger needs.

How much of the crew picked up on the rumour that the prisoner was a doppelganger? I presume folk might have heard but Szmodics was hoping to keep it quiet, the less who know, the more treasure the few can have?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Spearmint »

Catriona is alone in the brig cell, the dwarf who attacked Old Plighty has been 'released from duty' and not on board any longer. I think rumours have spread around the ship and the brig guards, mostly Old Plighty have had a hard time shunning people away. Still the brig cell is at the stern end of the lower berth and mostly out of the way of the crew. Your conversations with Catriona are copied to me from your private messages. In your private forum is the reaction to Szmodics actions.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by Spearmint »

The McGregors' Revenge sails on the edge of the horizon. Having dropped two jolly boats containing Captain and crew into the sea off the western reefs (about a mile or so offshore), the sloop slinked away swiftly, wary of the patrolling Bretonian gunboats. Mr Perryman, seconded to deputise in the absence of first mate and Captain, rouses the crew to be ever vigilante. The sloop is expected to rendezvous with the rescued settlers at dawn. Rico mans the helm and 'Dogger' the gunnery dwarf, puts cannon crews through silent drills.

Below decks the captive doppelganger is held within the brig confines. Most of the crew are aware a 'young escort' was taken aboard, rumours circulate the decks about just who or what she /he actually is. Stories of deceased captains, a sultry assassin, a 'pearl of great prize' stolen from the machinations of Djebel Tarik abound. Wages and gambles made as to the history and the future of the mysterious figure. Szmodics, spends time trying to gain the confidence of the creature and secure the prisoner's personal well being from a motley crew eager to follow a thin skin thread of fabled pirate treasure.

Continue with any private thread actions and talking, Urson and Stirling

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”