All aboard: Captain Lazarus.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: All aboard: Captain Lazarus.

#261 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli returns the musket to the first officer. "Here. I had to take this off'n one of ye mutinous crew and throw him in the brig."
Spearmint wrote:With several injured crew, Elijah is sent to bind wounds with Iggway under the 'Butcher'
The wild-eyed old sea dog greets savage Iggway, "Ahoy, lass. I be Elijah Crowthorn. What's left of him anyways, after years marooned at sea. Who be ye, if'n ye don't mind me askin'?"

Old Eli is a fanatically hard worker in the sickbay and even casts a magic spell on a grievously wounded crewman. His reverent orison: "Scurvy wretch! Ye are now indebted to Poseidon! 'Tis He what restores ye strength and renews ye health! That ye may fear and serve Him, now and forevermore! 'Til he claims ye tawdry soul! Now get up! Back to work!"

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 7
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by onlyme »

Geoffrey holds the short sword up and acknowledges the significance of the gift.

He stows it in his belongings, to keep as a reminder.

Afterward, he goes about his duties waiting on the docking.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin " Devil'sScowl " Dupre

Releived by the verdict of the officers since he hand a hand in the dwarf's death, but he sleeps with one eye open a they say until he is sure the rest of the crew accepts the Captain's judgment. Next chance he gets, he passes Geoffrey on deck and elbows him. When he turns, Rexlin nods and puts to fingers to his brow as if saluting.

That done, he seeks out Old Eli. Offering him a flask of rum when no one is looking he looks the mad cleric in the eye. "so how do I make an offering to Posiden? Not well educated on this sort of thing, but i wanna learn. I figure that even if it wasn't him that saved my hide in all this then he's the type that'd at least take it where it needs to go."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Stirling »

Szmodics

Will recuperate and heal up. If he can he will try to learn better cannon skills so will volunteer for any target practice Dogger or the Capt' puts out.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Inferno »

Elijah Crowthorn, mad prophet:
Bluehose wrote: Rexlin " Devil'sScowl " Dupre
"so how do I make an offering to Posiden? Not well educated on this sort of thing, but i wanna learn. I figure that even if it wasn't him that saved my hide in all this then he's the type that'd at least take it where it needs to go."
Old Eli pockets Dupre's rum. He squints up at the tattooed Gauloise giant and rants, "Aye, lad. He will. Ye be wise beyond ye years. What be it ye have, worthy t' offer the God o' the Sea?"
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin "Devil's Scowl" Dupre

occ: Oops... I meant meade... sorry!

Looks unsure. "You know him better than I do. I figure he has all the gold and such he needs, what with all the sunk ship and all in the bottom of the drink. What does he like?" He may be gruff, but anyone would be able to see that he is sincere. He doesn't seem the type to waste breath on chum talk.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli proclaims, "I'll wager ye dern't own any horses, do ye?
"Perhaps 'tis best if ye be offerin' Lord Poseidon a service instead of a sacrifice."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin "Devil's Scowl" Dupre
Old Eli proclaims, "I'll wager ye dern't own any horses, do ye?
"Perhaps 'tis best if ye be offerin' Lord Poseidon a service instead of a sacrifice."
Decides to ask about what a sea god would ever do with a horse later... For now he ask the more direct to the purpose question. "A service, eh? What kind of service? If it'll please him, and put me in his favor, I've got the time and the backbone."

ooc: Will this interfer with me heading out with the captain?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Spearmint »

no, what you are doing now, unless leading to serious injury...happens between the whale encounter and docking in Cockburn Harbour.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Inferno »

Elijah Crowthorn, sea priest:

"Good. Go with th' Cap'n, lad, whilst I pray upon it. I'll be lettin' ye know."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#271 Post by Hotgoblin »

Iggway smiles and tips her head at Elijah...Iggway Gwequay, Iggy for short.... I see your hands heal as do mine! I go off with the Captain now..but it is good to hear Poseidon, that is your God's name, right? That he will be with us, beacause the sea can become quite enraged at timesl! Iggy heads toward Captain Lazarus.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Inferno »

"Aye. At times," Old Eli replied evenly, calming like the sea after a storm.

"Poseidon go with ye, lass."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Spearmint »

The first expedition ends rather abruptly. Set out to gather information, make trade contacts and dig up any substantial rumours, the group boards the McGregor's Revenge in the night hours. Startling a night watchman and a few men still working through the night hours to trim the whale carcass. A blood and urine stained rug is rolled out in the Mages' quarter and after voices are heard in protestation, a half dressed female is dragged unceremoniously into the lower brig. Old Plighty is told to stand watch, though little more is said about her presence aboard. The few comments about 'bad luck', so voiced openly when 'the Jonah' was rescued from the driftwood are hastily quelled with lashes of knotted rope.

For two days, Zoggrot lies half comatose under the care of the medics. A leech, so deftly taken by same 1/2 orc from the depths of the sloop is fastened onto the many chest wounds that he has. Any infection is cleared up and eventually Zoggrot rises to his feet, fully restored to health save for his broken collarbone which is still bandaged up.

Holden and Szmodics, divide up their trove and write a report detailing the events of the night. Honest Juan, the Halfling whose card you took from the bar can offer the boys a 'deal of the century' for the plate mail suit. "The visor is damaged and bloody after all and look at all these dents?", he has a charm and salesman pitch but is probably one of the few people in Cockburn not bothering to ask where the suit came from. A take or leave it offer is made of 280gp.

The late morning of the third day sees a wagon pulls up beside the sloop. Captain Lazarus returns with a few of his men. Iggway, Geoffrey Blood and Rexlin 'the red dandy' Dupre among those returning. The caricature mouth animates to pipe,"Captain coming aboard!" and several men jump to attention. Salutes to officers on board follow but he exits to his quarters rather than tour the decks.

A heavy barrow of thick glistening mud is also carted up the gangway and lowered into the galley medical stores. Our heroes and heroine all have stories to tell, poking the 'hurtloam' and gesticulating wildly about enchanted mud abominations, Rexlin displays his bronzed pistol, "Taken from an officer I shot, no less." he says proudly. Iggway has a pouch of potions to add to her collection, Geoffrey Blood may contemplate writing a note to the family of the man he killed, he has their family portrait in the silver frame. True to their promise of silence, not a word is uttered regarding the stone crews of the raiding ships though the statues themselves cause much for Iggway to meditate upon. Conspicuous by their absence are Mr Simonsen , Cravat and marine Cobb. Their 'seconding' to aid Djebel Tariks raid causing the Captain to fall into a foul mood. Mr Perryman is summoned and opens his ledger to record the death of a marine 'in active service', a promissory note is despatched to the fellows next of kin and a paltry set of coins taken from among the crew added to the letter of consolation.

It was during the morning of the fourth day, as the sloop breach was finally being repaired and planked that a commotion was occurring along the promenade. 'Gin' Van de Poel was tolling a gypsy bell and walking along calling folk to, "Make way for the Hagslayer!" In his hand Siggard was brandishing a large carved staff on whose top perched a large warty head, the eyes rolling independently and tongue lolling in the wind. The merry gang of urchins equally amazed and scared by the dreadful sight. Behind Old Elijah Crowthorne and Pocc Vorche followed, clutching a large worn fork and several bags of wriggling crabs. The procession follows to the gangplank and Siggard waves theatrically to the assembled throng of interested onlookers, tradesfolk, sailors and gypsies alike.

With the whale carcass butchered and the meat apportioned or sold off, stores replenished and breach sealed the McGregors' Revenge hoisted mainsail and lateen to caught a stiff breeze to sail Nor-East', running 'broad reach to the wind'. The 'crow' in the nest calling a halt only as a single figure dives off the harbour and frantically swims for the stern as she turns. "Strike a line out for Cravat, if you please men, lets bring him aboard."

and so the expeditions in the Turks and Caicos over (for now...), the sloop steadies her course and heads out into the cold Atlantic once more to navigate towards the mission station of Monte Verde. Actions everyone please and if folk haven't read. I also invited Urson to join in the campaign to run several 'cameo' roles that may crop up as NPC players (or even future characters), so please welcome him to the game in the OOC forum.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#274 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Siggard Hagslayer proudly walks the ships deck with his new friend GVP, not sure what he actually plans on doing with a severed sea hags head. He looks around and waits for the right chance at conversing with the captain again.

Who said that last line of dialogue? Crows nest? It sounded like the captain went straight to his quarters? Is he available for RPing with? Is that too many questions?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin "Still Sticking to Devil's Scowl" Dupre

Spying the hags head his brows go up. "A seahag? Impressive. Smells like rotten eggs and three day old carp... you bringing that aboard?" seems to have mixed feeling about the trophy, wondering if it might be good for fishbait. He looks around and finds Elijah amoung the crowd. "Ahoy, brother Crownthorn! I have something for ya. We had some luck on out venture inland. I thought of tossing some coin right off the deck for Poseidon, but then I figured more good would come of this. Here." Rexlin reaches into one of his belt pouches and produces a palm sized Symbol of Poseidon made of silver and held on a good chain.
file.jpg
file.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 3967 times

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#276 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc lets everyone boast and brag of their great feats but he himself still feels bad and just silently walks port side to a rail and watches the sea silently. The sea druid just enjoys the view and silently contemplates life and other things on his mind while staying out of everyone's way.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Inferno »

Old Eli, wild-eyed prophet:

"I smite a sea ogre and Siggard be braggin' about killing a wench?" Eli grumbles to himself as he ruefully shakes his shaggy head. He busies himself with his shipboard duties:

If Zoggrot is still in sickbay, Eli will examine his wounds and ask, "By the blood of the devil, what have ye done to yeself, lad?!" After listening to his tale, he'll mutter some words under his breath and heal the halforc's wounds.
As prison chaplain, he'll visit the woman in the brig. "Confess ye sins to me, lassie, and unburden ye doomladen soul, else face the eternal damnation of Davy Jones locker. If ye are contrite, I can absolve ye."

The old sea priest squints fiercely at Rexlin's trident. "Ah. This be treasure, lad. Holy treasure. How came ye by it?"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Bluehorse »

Rexlin

Snickers a bit, happy the old cleric likes it. "Had it made special, for you. Figured you would like something in silver like i see those fancy pants clerics using uptown in the capitals. Heard silver was more potent."

Hotgoblin

#279 Post by Hotgoblin »

Iggway Gwequay (Shaman) is glad to be back on board, but she can't get the images of the stone rowers being whipped out of her head. They shouldn't even be alive! She believes Tarik's mage must be using some form of 'black magic', he knows not the repercussions that will besiege him. Slowly she smiles at that last thought!

Iggy watches as the other crew members come aboard with some very odd souvenirs...she walks over to Siggard, jokingly she says, I see that you only brought some of your friend back with you! Where is the rest of her? Do you think you'd be able to part with a little more? I would like to pull 13 strands of her hair. Iggy waits for his response.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Zhym »

Inferno wrote:If Zoggrot is still in sickbay, Eli will examine his wounds and ask, "By the blood of the devil, what have ye done to yeself, lad?!" After listening to his tale, he'll mutter some words under his breath and heal the halforc's wounds.
Zoggrot shakes his head—something he can do again thinks to Old Eli's healing—and chuckles softly. "It's too embarrassing to tell. But tell me—do the ship's stores have a grappling hook and some rope? I hear people sometimes use them to avoid breaking their necks." The half-orc stretches his neck from side to side, trying to work the last cricks out of it.

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”