Parley...OOC chat and questions for player characters.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Parley...OOC chat and questions for player characters.

#141 Post by Bluehorse »

Just another end of april in Arklahoma! All our really bad weather happen in the end of April. It was exactly 364days and 20 hours since the last big hail storm that tore up all the houses and cars in the area. Barely had a drop of rain since then.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Stirling »

no rain where I have been though surprisingly in mid march they had snow fall for the first time in forty years, Tamanrasset in the south of the Hoggar mountains, Algerian Sahara. (currently dodging dodgy looking Tuareg tribes hoisting AK 47's and a wicked penchant for doing jihad on the kuffar and hordes of even dodgier trinket sellers hoisting threadbare carpets, unprecious quartz rocks and sausage links of roasted camel entrails). Biking the Sahara has never been as much fun. Back in Britain mid May.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Spearmint »

glad we have one real life adventurer, me I'm safer in a stable where it rains glorious thick droplets to make the running softer though a bout of hay fever due to the bright yellow oil seed rape in the fields was not good. May be away for a few days after next week, so slower posting for a week if I travel.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Zhym »

OGRE MAGE wrote:A little position map might be handy here to see where the people and buildings actually are. Even if it is just a simple thing hand drawn on a cocktail napkin. :D
Amen to this. Where is Zoggrot now?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#145 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm not sure what Eli's plan is but now he and Pocc are away from any attackers.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Spearmint »

in the narration, Zoggrot having killed the bonehead shaman and other native warrior remained in the rutted ground outside of the plaza watching as the natives surround and melee with the man Logan. They have driven him into the forest treeline, you still hear some howls and cries as that melee continues. Apart from the natives on the chapel roof, presently no more warriors assault the mission station.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Spearmint »

Inferno has indicated he may have to with draw from the game while he focuses on other commitments. So I will NPC him to the conclusion of this scenario. Give me an action for Pocc.

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pocc will return back where he was pulled in from not knowing what to do if there is more fighting then he is no longer sure what side to fight for.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#149 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will be offline at Nexus Game Fair in Milwaukee for the next few days.

Be back in full force on Tuesday.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Zhym »

Spearmint wrote:I will do my best to describe the Infirmary building, sorry am not so good with maps or drawings.

The Infirmary is about 60'ft wide and runs more than 100'ft long. There is only one entrance, through the wooden double doors on the western side. Glazed windows line the two long north and south facing walls, one overlooking the plaza, the other the open ground and forest. A small chimney is near the very eastern end of the building, from a hearth in the 'Vivarium' room. The outside of the building is covered in some cultivated ivy planted in growing troughs along the foot of the walls. The interior of the Infirmary is split into two halves. The eastern end is a 60'ft square room containing the Vivarium. Glass tanks of venomous snakes mounted in wall shelving. Some worktops and desks accumulate the intricate devices used in the anti-venom production. Pocc looking into this room was attacked by a serpent through a gap in the boarding.

The other half of the Infirmary is a health centre for the settlers and natives. Entering through the double doors you come into the entrance foyer, a wide greeting hall with a small corridor running off to the north and a central one leading to the vivarium chambers. Immediately on your left is a closed door to a 20x20'ft room. The corridor splits that room from another similar sized office whose door is at the bottom of the corridor. Four wooden doors stand half ajar on the left, the main corridor continues past these to the closed double doors at the end.
Okay. Here's what I think I can make of that description:
Map.png
Map.png (100.49 KiB) Viewed 310 times
I don't think that's entirely right, though, because your description mentions a small corridor running to the north. But north is to our left coming in doors from the west, and there's also supposed to be a door just to our left. So I'm not sure what's going on there. Also, the four doors in the main hall after the room to the left are also on the left, but there's no mention of anything on the south wall. So I'm pretty sure this isn't quite what you're meaning to describe.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Spearmint »

very close,

okay step through the entrance door and on your left you have the 20x20 room with door, then the 10'ft wide corridor then the 20x30 room. whose door is at the top of the corridor not facing the foyer.

on the right hand you have four doors spaced equally apart. The blueprint basically a 20x20 room then a 10x20 room, 10x20 room, 20x20 room.

oh for a scanner and some graph paper (or one of the grandkids to design it all)!

GreyWolfVT

#152 Post by GreyWolfVT »

might be surprised Zhym is pretty good at this ;) hmm where is mb he did a good job of this in Gargantua :D

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Zhym »

So this, then?
Map.png
Map.png (40.41 KiB) Viewed 295 times

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Spearmint »

almost, first door on bottom is in the next square and there is no fifth door on the bottom, it is another 20'ft room, the middle two doors lead to 10'ft rooms.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Zhym »

This is going to be an insanely busy week for me. I may not have time to post. Please NPC Zoggrot as needed.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Spearmint »

okay, I will have him follow the standard actions of attacking the wight with his silvered weapons and then if successful, searching the vivarium room.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#157 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I say NO to cutting off the sisters feet. :D

I think that we should get the hell out of here before we are even more surrounded than we already are.

This might be a good time to go back to check out the main chamber, but I just don't think we have the firepower to do much against that chief and his pet snake.

Despite there being no map to go off of, I do remember this little tidbit from the descriptions.
To the right a narrow adjoining passageway opens which leads off in a straight passage and then up a flight of stone cut stairs. The stairs have a bannister rail on one side and pot plants on each step. You feel a breeze coming down from the steps and a faint smell of a distant bonfire.
I think that might be our best chance at getting out of here unseen.

Thoughts?

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#158 Post by thesniperknight1 »

I agree as well, saving the sister is good and all but if we all die it will do no one any good. Plus someone needs to warn them of the attack that's about to happen
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#159 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Did I miss something again? How would Holden know that the nun might be a werewolf?

Also, I don't think an Unseen Servant can scout ahead. Even if it could detect dangers, how would it convey that message? I don't think they can talk or have any telepathic ability. I could be wrong though. :D

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Spearmint »

The unseen servant cannot scout ahead, it does not have ears or eyes. principally it is a force that can lift lanterns, open doors, ties shoelaces, basic servant skills. It showed an aptitude to juggle pieces of statue and move stuff around, but there is a limit to weight it can effect.

Rexlin...!hacking the nuns feet off, then what? she will walk less on stumps! ;) perhaps you could carry her and how are you going to manage to take the sculptured icon back from the forge?

werewolf? This is the information that the party might know:

The girls at the menstrual camp said the old lady was attacked by a 'bestial boy in rags' who bit her. The crone had savage bite marks on her from a canine type creature. She had eaten sprigs of native herbs but continued to fever uncontrollably.

Holden in the trading store was given a sprig of belladonna and a silver razor blade, 'just in case'said the trader. Placing the sprig visibly on his collar.

The two men hung at the camp has long faces and were very ursute with untrimmed wild beards and scraggly hair. They had been skinned neck to toe, wolf pelts were found in the communal hut.

The warriors at the forge were breaking the icon into pieces to smelt the silver off. After some tribal enchanting their spear blades and arrow heads were covered to make them 'silvered'.

The native calling on the envoy asked about 'the she-creature'.

Sister Adelaide is anxious and also told the group that she was to be made a 'sacrificial offering' to the snake deity later on that evening. The envoy was preparing to leave after completing some rituals and take her away to another island, where she says other captive children are kept. This next evening will be a full moon.

The natives attacked the mission station after the 'new wave of ship wrecked settlers' arrived and several of the natives died in unusual circumstances. Rumours of a 'pox' infecting the island caused it to be quarantined by colonial forces.

So any inference about werewolf is taken from these alone.

The sister spoke that the narrow passage leading off goes to the chiefs harem and private quarters. She has visited the village as she helps with the native midwifery and one of the wives is expecting.

Return to “Pirates: Cannons and Dragons (1ed homebrew)”