DriveThruRGP: An OSR Extravaganza!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#1 Post by dmw71 »

Just received this via the DriveThruRPG newsletter, which I thought worth of sharing:

An OSR Extravaganza!
Hi friends,

We launched a big new sale this week across DriveThruRPG, RPGnow, and DM's Guild. This sale features some fantastic deals from Wizards of the Coast, plus a ton of other Old-School Revival/Renaissance (OSR) publishers.

In addition to listing over 1,300 OSR titles at 15% off, the OSR Extravaganza features three great bundles for Dungeons & Dragons, all at 80% or more off the total bundle value.

Basic D&D — Known World Megabundle (BECMI)

1st ed. AD&D — AD&D Core Megabundle (1e)

2nd ed. AD&D — Planescape Megabundle (2e)

For those interested in AD&D-retro gaming, including OSRIC or other retro-clone systems, award-winning publisher Expeditious Retreat Press is also offering The OSR(IC) Extravaganza Bundle. Another 80% off deal, this bundle includes eight full adventures, spanning 1st-15th level.

The OSR Extravaganza is here only for a couple of weeks, so be sure to take a look before it's gone!
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: DriveThruRGP: An OSR Extravaganza!

#2 Post by dmw71 »

Ha! I own everything in the bundle except one title (that I didn't know existed).

Might be time to splurge and complete the collection. :lol:
Attachments
1e.jpg
1e.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 339 times
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah splurge for that $1 and 2 cents :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:yeah splurge for that $1 and 2 cents :D
Done. I'm not sure if I'll ever use Oriental Adventures, but, as a DM, you should be prepared, right?

I also picked up the OSRIC collection (even though there was only one low-level adventure in the lot). While it should be, there's no guarantee my shopping has come to an end. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by rredmond »

Hide the credit card bills from the missus!
Wooee :)

My wife always stays nicely quiet when her friends talk about their husbands and gambling, or fixing up cars, or buying lots of collection-type things. I pretty much own all I need for my hobby. :)

Good times!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:yeah splurge for that $1 and 2 cents :D
Done. I'm not sure if I'll ever use Oriental Adventures, but, as a DM, you should be prepared, right?

I also picked up the OSRIC collection (even though there was only one low-level adventure in the lot). While it should be, there's no guarantee my shopping has come to an end. ;)
I'm proud of you Dave ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote: I'm proud of you Dave
I'll be able to fall asleep tonight now. Thanks! :D

I may need to start plnning on how to introduce nunchaku into my next (or maybe current?) game.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that should be fun, and interesting in how you do implement nunchaku

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#9 Post by Scott308 »

I've got all the 1e books in hardcover. I've been looking for an Oriental Adventures game for years!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

I don't own anything in hardcover; everything I own is in PDF (which is great for portability, but I'm starting to long for actual, physical books).

I'm definitely not the one to run an oriental game, but one would be interesting to follow.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:My wife always stays nicely quiet when her friends talk about their husbands and gambling, or fixing up cars, or buying lots of collection-type things. I pretty much own all I need for my hobby.
That, but it also helps to have any awesome wife. Amiright? ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:My wife always stays nicely quiet when her friends talk about their husbands and gambling, or fixing up cars, or buying lots of collection-type things. I pretty much own all I need for my hobby.
Oh heck yeah. :)
But it's still nice to know she can't really complain about my occasional beer or even more rare cigar - not having expensive vices keeps things happy in the home. :D The only thing I really getting trouble for is hurting myself playing extreme tag in the park with my four daughters. Currently I've spent the last four days hobbling around like a 100 year old!

Though she did try to buy me a D&D tshirt in one of the kooky stores (Lunchbox or something? It's an offshoot of Hot Topic) my girls love to shop in. The conversation was polite and quiet until she got loud "what do you mean it's not you're edition" - everyone in the small store looked, I chuckled, we didn't buy the shirt. ;)

But an awesome wife and awesome daughters make a man extremely happy! Amiright Mr. 71? ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

rredmond wrote:
dmw71 wrote:
Oh heck yeah. :)
But it's still nice to know she can't really complain about my occasional beer or even more rare cigar - not having expensive vices keeps things happy in the home. :D The only thing I really getting trouble for is hurting myself playing extreme tag in the park with my four daughters. Currently I've spent the last four days hobbling around like a 100 year old!

Though she did try to buy me a D&D tshirt in one of the kooky stores (Lunchbox or something? It's an offshoot of Hot Topic) my girls love to shop in. The conversation was polite and quiet until she got loud "what do you mean it's not you're edition" - everyone in the small store looked, I chuckled, we didn't buy the shirt. ;)

But an awesome wife and awesome daughters make a man extremely happy! Amiright Mr. 71? ;)
:lol: not your edition :D i love it! You mean hobbling around like Old Elminster? ;)

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote: I'm definitely not the one to run an oriental game, but one would be interesting to follow.
I thought the same about my self and running a Al-Qadim game but here I am running one. Dave you never know what you might run one day. ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The only thing I really getting trouble for is hurting myself playing extreme tag in the park with my four daughters. Currently I've spent the last four days hobbling around like a 100 year old!
I had a rough week injury-wise myself, so when I paraphrased what you said to T, she just sighed and said, sarcastically, of course, that she couldn't relate.
rredmond wrote:But an awesome wife and awesome daughters make a man extremely happy! Amiright Mr. 71? ;)
You know it.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Dave you never know what you might run one day.
Actually, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to run next... and it's not oriental adventures. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
rredmond wrote:The only thing I really getting trouble for is hurting myself playing extreme tag in the park with my four daughters. Currently I've spent the last four days hobbling around like a 100 year old!
I had a rough week injury-wise myself, so when I paraphrased what you said to T, she just sighed and said, sarcastically, of course, that she couldn't relate.
;)

The missussessesssess must never meet. :lol:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote: The missussessesssess must never meet. :lol:
Their Facebook friendship is dangerous enough. Lol :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --