A Few HA HAs Worth

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Few HA HAs Worth

#341 Post by rredmond »

Scott308 wrote:Holy shit, Ron! I just noticed you quoted me in your signature. I'm honored.
The more time I spend on the internet, the more I realize how wonderful this place is. Seriously, we accept everyone, but those with jerk-ist attitudes seem to just fade away. It's like we have such a positive culture of supportive folks here, that there's no room for asshats. Not that the Mods don't have work to do, ;) , but the members here, especially those who've been here a while, are just awesome! Besides Alethan, behind the Mod scenes, can sniff out a spammer in hiding and a developing jerk so fast it makes their head spin - it's truly impressive.

I wish I could quote every positive thing y'all have said about the Servant. The quotes in my signature are just the ones that I've seen that touched me about how cool we all are. I know there are more that I've seen, and way more I haven't. Once I get some of you to start participating in the & Mag section, just above this section, more, I'll never have to go to any other forum again :lol:

But seriously I recognize, and I know most of the members recognize, what a cool place this is to hang, and to roll dice. I wanted to put some of that recognition in my signature. I love when new folks come and it's like a chorus of "hey welcome" and "welcome to the forum" and "there's a game over here you might like to play"... etc. from other members. It always ends with the new member expressing some level of surprise.

Now some random quotes to keep this light as it is the Ha Has thread :D
C.S. Lewis wrote:Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'
Gary Gygax wrote:Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.
Captain Malcolm Reynolds wrote:About 50% of the human race is middlemen and they don't take kindly to being eliminated. This quadrant...we play nice. Got enemies enough as it is.
Be well Unseen ones, be well, I am truly honored to be among you all!
--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Rukellian »

Well said rredmond. I like those quotes you picked out. :)

-----

Just got done watching some game of thrones and after seeing this image, I thought it was appropriate.

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#343 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote: Besides Alethan, behind the Mod scenes, can sniff out a spammer in hiding and a developing jerk so fast it makes their head spin - it's truly impressive.
*blush*
I try.

Also, I love that my quote has been in your signature for a while now. Years? Dammit, I miss that game. :\
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by rredmond »

Twitter wrote:So I’m thinking I might get my D&D group together over Christmas weekend and do a one shot where everyone is a gnome....

....because there’s no race like gnomes for the holidays.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#345 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That is delightfully corny, man!!! :D

Happy Holidays Everyone!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#346 Post by GreyWolfVT »

rredmond wrote:
Twitter wrote:So I’m thinking I might get my D&D group together over Christmas weekend and do a one shot where everyone is a gnome....

....because there’s no race like gnomes for the holidays.
:lol: I like it and I would so play in that one shot game. :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken Honeybeard would bring the honey. Can't go wrong with holiday sweets!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#348 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:"Damn it, Sacro! You distracted me!" scolds Canun after his errant stone strikes the elf in the face.
Thank you, AleBelly, for playing such a fun character!
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by AleBelly »

He's fun to play. I just hope he's not annoying the hell out of the other players!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by rredmond »

Because it's a fun listen and makes us Firefly fans smile!
https://bigdamnheroes417.bandcamp.com/a ... at-outlaws

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Rukellian »

A cheesy valentine for the Unseen Servant Forums. Happy Valentine's day everyone!
Feel free to move this to an appropriate thread if necessary.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by rredmond »

Cheesey IS good, especially for these forums. :D

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by rredmond »

:lol:
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (306.72 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by AleBelly »

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#355 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:I think you are looking for the 5E game on here. :? :lol:
So much for rule #3, I guess.
ToniXX wrote:3. Do not denigrate anyone's playing style or preferred gaming system. While this forum has attracted a good amount of ‘old-school’ gamers, all systems and genres are acceptable here, as long as it’s an RPG and suitable to the play by post style.
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#356 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I didn't necessarily mean to make that sound like it was a bad thing.

(and here I didn't think anyone else read my posts) :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#358 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote::lol:

I didn't necessarily mean to make that sound like it was a bad thing.

(and here I didn't think anyone else read my posts) :lol:
Gotta love Ron for that. :lol:

I read your posts I don't think folks read mine though :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#359 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:I think you are looking for the 5E game on here. :? :lol:
So much for rule #3, I guess.
ToniXX wrote:3. Do not denigrate anyone's playing style or preferred gaming system. While this forum has attracted a good amount of ‘old-school’ gamers, all systems and genres are acceptable here, as long as it’s an RPG and suitable to the play by post style.
He just said that sort of character isn't allowed in his 1E BTB game and maybe it's allowed in a 5E game. No denegration took place.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#360 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:He just said that sort of character isn't allowed in his 1E BTB game and maybe it's allowed in a 5E game. No denegration took place.
If you say so. I think the intent, while probably said in jest, was pretty clear.

Maybe I'm being too thin-skinned, and it is NOT a big issue, but it is tiring to face as much passive or subtle jabs over something as simple as a different edition of a game.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “General RPG discussion”