Chapter 6: The Conjurers of Oblivion

Inferno
Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 6: The Conjurers of Oblivion

#41 Post by Inferno »

Realm of the Grand Magi of Uthoth. Third Tier of the Great Pyramid
Lost City of Khemsa, Forgotten Kingdom of Verulia, Great Eastern Desert, the World of Hyboria
Day Two. Early afternoon. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

Attila and Kiri continue to let the tapestries wash over their minds. Within this hypnotic trance they sense, at the distant edges of their perception, that they are being watched.

The malevolent mind of Zargoth, the demon god of the dreaming pyramid, can see them. And they can see it:

They realize with dread that Zargoth the Destroyer can see everything that transpires within this, his domain.
His eldritch sentience presides over and above all proceedings.
His all-seeing eye is eternally vigilant.
His heinous mind gazes directly into them.

Suddenly their awareness recedes and they are present again. The tapestries fall quiet.

The food and drink run out. The party is winding down and with it, the speed of the listless cyclone of warlocks.

Amethu, a Grand Magi of Uthoth, volunteers to join the explorers as they delve deeper into the Great Pyramid. Introductions are made and Garrin of Argos says to him, "With your leave, I have a spell that will place the blessing of my god upon you."

Amethu replies with deference, "I mean no disrespect sir, but it would be sacrilege for me to accept such a blessing from an... outsider's god."

Usemhotep says, "Good luck, intrepid seekers of knowledge. May Uthoth reveal all to you."

The explorers depart the realm of the Grand Magi.
Not soon enough, for some.

The adventure continues in Chapter 7: In Search of the Pharaoh's Tomb
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun