Chapter 5: Amazons of the Apocalypse

Inferno
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: Amazons of the Apocalypse

#21 Post by Zhym »

Arthfael merely shrugs at Gronda's departure with the warrior women. He turns and holds his spear at the ready for whatever made the sounds to the west.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by DadsAngry »

Mako:

Mako turns around to look behind him at the noises. He point his lit staff in that direction.
"Shhh! Quiet! Do you hear that?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by tkrexx »

Atilla spins and readies his bow toward the sound at the rear.

We are deceived! He hisses.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Kiri will walk back to the corridor, but stop before entering. He'll peer down the rotating section for any movement. He looks around at the party. "Are we all accounted for? Perhaps it's one of the monkeys..."

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Garrin draws his sword and turns to face the new threat.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Inferno »

Realm of the Warrior Maidens of Sekhmet. Third Tier of the Great Pyramid
Lost City of Khemsa, Forgotten Kingdom of Verulia, Great Eastern Desert, the World of Hyboria
Day Two. Midmorning. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

Behind the barricade of the warrior maidens of Sekhmet, the pale, unmasked woman answers Gronda, "Your lands are unknown to me.
"I am called Semira. My life and my soul belong to Sekhmet, goddess of women and war."

The Zembabweian savage says, "I would like to hear more about you and your purpose in this place. Why do you say that your......Khemsa...... is doomed?"

Semira answers, her sad words unknowingly echoing those of Ghorom of Osorus: "Khemsa is the city in whose ruins we stand. This wasteland was once the glorious capital of mighty Verulia, the glimmering jewel of civilization's highest achievements. All gone. Our culture is destroyed... by a demon who fancies himself a god. We shall soon be extinct. We and all our accomplishments shall vanish from history. We are as walking ghosts... a people consigned to oblivion."

"That... is why I say we are doomed."

Another lionhelmed amazon enters from the northern portal and whispers in Semira's ear. Semira nods once and says to Gronda: "Come. Dendara would have audience with you."

Actions?

Outside the lioness' barricade, a furtive sound urgently propels the men to bare steel and await an attack from the west that does not come.

Kiri gets a torch alight and creeps forward to find the revolving hallway devoid of life. He pads past the shattered, bloody carcasses of slaughtered baboons and peers into the corridor beyond, etched with servants bearing food and drink westward (14).

With the advance of light, Kiri finds the the western corridor's end: a monolithic stone door, carved with the image of the ancient Verulian god, Uthoth.

The ibis-headed god of knowledge, science and sorcery is one of the remaining gigantic colossi that still crown this Great Pyramid.

Then Kiri sees the ornate, towering portal is barely ajar.

Actions?

Map:
All doors to room 23 are shut.
The revolving corridor is motionless and its door are open.

PC Status:
  • Arthfael Griogarach: Cimmerian Northman Druid 2: Move: 12", AC: 6, HP: 5/12, Spells: 4/4 1st lvl and 3/3 2nd lvl
    Attila: Hyrkanean Nomad Barbarian 2: Move: 12", AC: 1, HP: 19/21
    Garrin Locke: Argosian Atlantean Paladin 2: Move: 12", AC: 5, HP: 13/18, Laying Hands: 1/1
    Gronda: Zembabweian Savage Ranger/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 7/17
    Kiri Khutan: Kambujan Easterner Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 5/7, Spells: 2/2 1st lvl, Torch
    Loche: Pict Savage Thief 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 8/18
    Mako: Khitan Easterner Illusionist 2: Move: 12", AC: 7, HP: 5/6, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, Light spell
    Roan, Son of Rune: Vanir Northman Barbarian 2: Move: 15", AC: 4, HP: 18/23, Torch
PC Magic:
  • Protection from Evil (Garrin): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Garrin.
    Healing Mists of Osorus (All): All lost HP recovered with 8 hours of sleep. Wakeful rest, or sleeping less than 8 hours, enables recovery of 1 HP per hour. Duration: "months."
    Light (Mako): Duration: 54 rounds
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Holding his torch high so as not to come between himself and the crack in the door, Kiri attempts to peer in, ready to jerk his face to the side at the least sign of threatening movement. "Wasn't this door open when we stopped?" he says.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#28 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Not sure if these women will be as receptive to the groups ultimate goals as Ghorom was, Gronda nods her head and follows along with the other female warriors.

"Lead the way sisters. I would learn more of your plight here. It is possible that my group and I may be able to help you put an end to your troubles. I will do what I can for you at any rate. Tell me, what kind of person is this Dendara?"

wordoftheoracle
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by wordoftheoracle »

Loche leers at the slightly ajar door and smacks his lips.

Looks lik' someone doesn't waant us gaun thro' this door. That means we shuid likelie gang thro' this door.

Translation: Looks like someone doesn't want us going through this door. That means we should probably go through this door.

Loche tries to encourage the other to charge though the door as long as he's not the first through it.
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by hedgeknight »

Roan, Son of Rune

Roan ignores Loche's garbled words, but does listen intently for any further sound(s). Hearing none, he pushes the door the rest of the way open with his shoulder, spear ready.
Winter is coming...

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Inferno »

The adventures of Arthfael, Attila, Garrin, Kiri, Loche, Mako and Roan continue in: Chapter 6: The Conjurers of Oblivion

Gronda’s adventures continue below…
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Inferno »

Lost City of Khemsa, Forgotten Kingdom of Verulia, Great Eastern Desert, the World of Hyboria
Day Two. Midmorning. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

Gronda says, "It is possible that my group and I may be able to help you put an end to your troubles."

"Men? Help us?" Semira says with disdain. "Men are to blame for Khemsa's doom."

Gronda asks, "Tell me, what kind of person is this Dendara?"

"Harsh," Semira replies. "But fair."

Semira dons her gleaming helmet and the albino lionesses lead Gronda through secret, age worn passages of the timeless pyramid. Some amazons run ahead.

What the dark, savage scout observes here reminds her of the Sons of Osorus: a fierce warrior cult in a permanent state of war; isolated, alone, surviving a generations-long siege.

They move through a room where small, high windows let in daylight (22).

There, golden helmed lionesses stare at Gronda as she passes.

Then they open another secret door, push back a rich wall tapestry, and come before Dendara (D).

The leader of the warrior maidens is a beautiful albino woman whose hair is somehow jet black. It doesn't seem dyed. Perhaps a rare mutation?

In this lavish chamber warmed by brazier flame (21a), fur rugs and silk pillows cover the marble floor and a leopard is chained at her feet.

"Speak only truth," Semira gravely advises Gronda before stepping back.

"Bring food and bandages for this sister in arms," Dendara commands and it is done. Then she asks a series of questions, awaiting each answer in turn before proceeding to the next query.

"Gronda, why are you traveling with men?"

"You spoke to Semira of 'help.' What do you mean?"

"If you are a leader of men, why are you counted among the few wounded of your company?"

"Are you their slave?"

Replies?

Map:

PC Status:
  • Gronda: Zembabweian Savage Ranger/Thief 1/2: Move: 9", AC: 7, HP: 7/17
PC Magic:
  • Healing Mists of Osorus (All): All lost HP recovered with 8 hours of sleep. Wakeful rest, or sleeping less than 8 hours, enables recovery of 1 HP per hour. Duration: "months."
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"I thank you for you aid and hospitality mistress Dendara. And, though I do have some skill in the art of deception, I have no reason to be dishonest with someone who has done nothin but help me."

The stoic savage answers the woman's questions without fear.

"In the world above, where I am from, men outnumber women. That holds especially true within the ranks of the warriors and adventurers. I am the only female in my group, though I am not really their leader. We don't have a leader. We are all equals, sharing equal shares of both the spoils and the responsibilities. That is likely a difficult concept for you to understand."

"When I suggested we could help, I mean to say that we would be willing to delve deeper into the underground world below to see if we can reverse the effects caused by the worshiping of the false god. We have found clues along our journey that we are now following. Maybe we could help each other out if there is something that you desire from us?"

"About the wounds......I really can't explain that one myself. One would think that every person involved in the same battle would have roughly the same chances of getting hit, right? Well, that isn't the case for me. Much like my past life, I don't have much luck in combat either. I must have been cursed by something or someone to attract as much damage as I have in battle. I don't mean to complain, but it almost seems as though I am a physical magnet for damage. It is something that is well known and often talked about amongst my party."

When asked about being a slave, Gronda drops her gaze and allows her eyes to well and moisten slightly. She regains her composure and finishes with the questioning.

"As you can probably tell by my many scars and tattooed markings......I was a slave at one time, yes. But after surviving several years of misery, I freed myself of my permanent bonds in my own way. I have had to learn to survive on the hard streets of the biggest cities and have also mastered the ways of the wild. And it was all in the name of survival. And now I am here........no longer any mans property, but still.......trying to survive."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Inferno »

In the exalted, ancient chamber of the amazons, Dendara holds court.

The regal warrior listens carefully to Gronda. Food and bandages are brought for the savage stranger. Then Dendara says to her golden guard: "You may go. This kindred spirit is no threat to us. Please monitor the men that were with her."

Semira and the other gleaming lionesses nod and withdraw. Then Dendara continues her conversation with Gronda alone:

"Why did you lie to us and say you were the leader of those men?"

"Have you encountered other Verulians in Khemsa?"

"You say you are willing to venture deeper below and confront Zargoth?"

"How do you know of him?"

"What are these 'clues' of which you speak?"

Replies?

PC Status:
PC Magic:
  • Healing Mists of Osorus (All): All lost HP recovered with 8 hours of sleep. Wakeful rest, or sleeping less than 8 hours, enables recovery of 1 HP per hour. Duration: "months."
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#35 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Before the women leave, Gronda attempts to assure them all that the men are not here to harm anything and that they should be considered her friends. She continues answering the amazon leader to the best of her foggy death-trancelike minds ability.

"I lied to protect them, of course. Those warriors of yours are quite formidable as I’m sure you know. I thought a tiny falsehood would be better than swallowing a spear tip."

"We have encountered many people and dozens of frightening beasts as well. There was one large group of strange masked beings, but they were of little help to us. I think their minds were altered in some way as they made little sense to us. There was also a group of warriors that helped us heal and allowed us to rest under their protection. We had to battle a massive desert scorpion when we first arrived that was the size of a house. We were attacked by a large group of primitive cave people and many bandits as well. There was also a huge spider that tried to eat us along the way. Did I mention huge insects and the gelatinous square monster?"

"We are indeed willing. We figure that there must be some way for us to escape this vast desert and we believe that our only hope of ever returning to our own lands will be found deeper below this pyramid."

"All we know about him was told to us by the people we have spoken to so far and the writings we have discovered. None of us have ever heard of the creature before coming here."

"We found ancient writings and many hieroglyphics. The first of which read:
'My name is Xuthalhotep, pharaoh of pharaohs!
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

"We found many others that told of great gods and the demise of this once great city. We learned of how Zargoth came to be and how he took over, casting the once great city into ruin. With little other option available to us, we decided that the ultimate destruction of this false god would be the only way for us to ever escape this place."

"I am hoping that you can help us to understand better how to defeat this monster, that we all may live again. I don’t want to be stuck in this lost temple in the middle of nowhere forever. No offense meant of course. Your cat here is quite fascinating to me. It is not an animal that many would try to keep. Tell me Dendara, what do you feed to such a majestic creature? And more importantly, are you willing to help us in our difficult task in any way?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Inferno »

Day Two. Late morning. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

Alone, Gronda answers Dendara's questions.

"There was also a group of warriors that helped us heal..."

Dendara sneers, "I know of whom you speak. Never forget: Men are weak... mind, body and soul."

Gronda lists the many otherworldly creatures encountered within the Great Pyramid.

"Yes," replies Dendara. "Zargoth's very presence seems to warp beast and Verulian alike."

Gronda says, "...there must be some way for us to escape this vast desert..."

"There is no escape from this wasteland," the queenly amazon states with chilling certainty. "Unless another sandstorm whisks you back whence you came."

The savage hunter explains, "...we decided that the ultimate destruction of this false god would be the only way for us to ever escape this place."

Dendara replies, "I would welcome the destruction of accursed Zargoth, I will not lie. But it is too much to hope for... At least, for now."

Gronda says, "I am hoping that you can help us to understand better how to defeat this monster..."

The amazon asks, "Do you realize the possibility exists that he cannot die? Have you not slept since entering this doom haunted pyramid? Have you not sensed his mind within your very dreams? Have a care, Gronda, trying to understand a thing spawned from the abyss itself."

Gronda asks, "Are you willing to help us in our difficult task in any way?"

"Perhaps. I shall consider it, I promise you. But enough of talk," Dendara says and languidly draws near enough for Gronda to smell her perfume. Her eyes are deep with sensuous mystery. She stretches her strong, alabaster arms around the dark savage's shoulders.

Then Dendara slowly presses her warm, fierce lips to Gronda's.

Replies?

PC Status:
PC Magic:
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:shock: :lol:

Gronda is only slightly surprised at Dendara's sudden change in questioning. She tries to hide the fact that her mind is racing just as fast as her blood.

The thief has had some minor experience with certain plant derived drugs that one could rub on ones pre-sealed lips to safely administer a "kiss of death" type effect. Gronda strains her senses to ascertain whether there is any specific taste or smell that might indicate chemicals or plant based sedatives. She looks around the room intently with her eyes, expecting foul play at any second. She uses her hands to frisk the pale woman's already scant attire, casually checking for any hidden knives or daggers.

As a former slave girl, Gronda had to endure many strange and bizarre things that her many different masters found pleasure in. Being with another woman, or several, was nothing new to her. In fact, compared to most of the slobbering sweating pigs that forced themselves onto her, she actually preferred the soft knowing hands of another female.

No stranger to the idea of, "what will you do for me?", if Gronda notices nothing to indicate that she is being set up, she eagerly kisses back, letting her tongue follow the lead of the beautiful Amazon. Her eager hands reverting from frisking to petting.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Inferno »

Day Two. Late morning. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

Dendara and Gronda embrace. The ex-slave finds no poison upon those ample lips, nor insidious blades secreted within that narrow, jeweled girdle.

Dendara ends the kiss, gazing deep into the stranger's eyes, pupils dilating. Her white body supple and lithe, she moves to the divan with the ease of a great lazy cat. There, she smiles enigmatically, beckoning Gronda to join her.

Time passes in fiery bliss.

In the throes of passion and abandon, cares are forgotten.

Eventually, the women are spent and slaked, breathing in the pulsing afterglow of that small, sweet oblivion.

And slowly, inevitably, reality resumes.

Replies?

PC Status:
PC Magic:
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gronda stands again and wipes her mouth off with the back of her hand.

"Well then..........now will you help us?"

She redresses as she waits for her new "friend" to answer.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Inferno »

Day Two. Early afternoon. 14th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia

After having sex with the queenly amazon, Gronda quickly pulls away. She wipes off her mouth and gets dressed.

Perplexed, Dendara smiles, "What is wrong with you, girl? What have Men done to you out there, in the world beyond?"

Gronda says, "...now will you help us?"

Dendara's laughter is like honey. "Help you? To kill yourself? Gronda, you've no idea what awaits at the end of the path you have chosen. Who are we to combat evils older than history?"
"Why throw your life away? Or dare the desert? Stay here. With us. I could use your spear. And teach you the exotic ways of pleasure.
"In time, we will strike at accursed Zargoth. But not yet. We are not yet enough."

Shaped like a goddess, Dendara stands before Gronda and, for the first time, the savage sees a faint pattern etched on the flesh near her loins. Gronda recognizes it. Dendara had once been with child.

Replies?

PC Status:
PC Magic:
PC Resources:
Last edited by Inferno on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
DM:

Player: