It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9030
Location: 1977
The Hall of Heroes (31), Fourth Tier of the Great Pyramid
Lost City of Khemsa, Forgotten Kingdom of Verulia, Great Eastern Desert, the World of Hyboria
Day Three. Morning. 15th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia



Image


Image

In the eye of the maelstrom of violence and death, the bloodsoaked barbarian cries, "Carry my bones out of this hell hole! My spirit needs open air to soar to Valhalla!" Then he lunges headlong into the fray.

There is a gleam of silver and a charioteer is shorn asunder by Roan's terrible iron ax. Its ghoulish skull hanging by a splinter of vertebrae, it is dead before it hits the stone floor. (C26)

The other charioteer (C25) mercilessly drives his lance into Roan. The son of Rune is impaled and the spearhead explodes from the center of his broad back in a vomit of crimson. (-6hp) The mighty Vanir is flung beneath the trampling hooves of the undead steeds. (-7hp) The mighty warrior doesn't move again.

Nearby, other men fight for their lives lest they join the savage barbarian's fate.



Arthfael of Cimmeria steps back and his comrades close ranks to protect him as he summons unnatural powers over nature. His tattooed visage gazes upon the whirling wooden chariot wheels and he whispers to the remains of their spirit. Suddenly, a chariot wheel explodes. Roan's killer is thrown free of the hurtling vehicle and crashes hard to the floor with splintered limbs and broken spine. (C25) The horses veer left with the screech and clatter of the fractured chariot they still drag.

Close by, Mako's staff misses a skeleton warrior (S3) but Loche's new knife strikes true, smiting the cadaverous swordsman dead. The Pict thief believes this dagger holds some ensorcellment against the undead.

Beside him, Xorzen's javelin-strike shatters a jaw bone (S1). The deathless soldier keeps fighting but Xorzen deftly evades its counterstrike.

To the south of them, Amethu and Kiri's attacks are thwarted but Garrin of Argos swings his sword in a ferocious trajectory that splits a dry, ancient skull. (S12) On the southern front, the undead warriors' swords are once more repelled by shield, helm and blade!

One of the lead chariots veers and stops hard, its horses rearing up dangerously close to Arthfael! The charioteers (C21, C22) strike at Garrin's exposed flank with their long spears and one of them grazes the paladin's swordarm. (-1hp)

Zahra the amazon leans against a towering column, catches her breath and readies her iron mace. Suddenly, the other lead chariot (C24) swerves hard toward her! Its driver murderously stabs his long spear, trying to impale her through the heart and the amazon parries the deadly thrust with her mace!

To the west of her, Roan's powerful form lies broken and still on the stone tiles. His dead eyes stare glassily up at the ornate murals of the Land of the Dead.

Taken from this parched land of heat and dust, to the sharp, icy winds of Valhalla, the spirit of the Vanir barbarian rejoins at last with Rune, father of Roan.




Actions?!


Map Detail:

S = Soldiers. H8 = General. C = Charioteers. H = Riderless Horses pulling Chariots.
Lit areas are visible. All else is from memory.



Rolls and Rulings (non-required reading):


Image


PC Status:
    Amethu: Verulian Grand Magus Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 9/10, Spells: 6/6 1st lvl
    Arthfael Griogarach: Cimmerian Northman Druid 3: Move: 12", AC: 6, HP: 17/17, Spells: 5/5 1st lvl, 4/4 2nd lvl and 1/2 3rd lvl
    Garrin Locke: Argosian Atlantean Paladin 2: Move: 12", AC: 4(2), HP: 15/18, Laying Hands: 1/1
    Kiri Khutan: Kambujan Easterner Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 5/7, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl
    Loche: Pict Savage Thief 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 18/18
    Mako: Khitan Easterner Illusionist 2: Move: 12", AC: 7(5), HP: 6/6, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, Light spell
    Roan, Son of Rune: Vanir Northman Barbarian 2: Move: 15", AC: 4, HP: -10/23, Torch, Dead.
    Xorzen: Verulian Osoran Monk 2: Move: 16", AC: 8, HP: 12/12
    Zahra: Verulian Amazon Fighter 2: Move: 12", AC: 3, HP: 15/16

PC Magic:
    Protection from Evil (Garrin): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Garrin.
    Healing Mists of Osorus (All except Amethu and Zahra): All lost HP recovered with 8 hours of sleep. Wakeful rest, or sleeping less than 8 hours, enables recovery of 1 HP per hour. Duration: "months."

Player Resources:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2315
Seeing Roan go down, Kiri is uncharacteristically distracted. He thrusts again with his trident, but fails to connect:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1185
Zahara

The long-legged albino move into the battle again, swinging her mace at the charioteer <C24>.

[1d20] = 2+2

The mace makes a muted whoosh as it passes through the air. Still slightly off- balance from blocking the charioteer's attack, Zahara misses. Her snarls and muttered curses are becoming a steady chant.

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2380
Location: Pennsylvania
Amethu closes ranks and whirls his staff around to crush the skull of the skeleton before him:

To Hit (THACO 20): [1d20] = 19
Quarterstaff Damage: = S/M/L: [1d6] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 1000
Garrin cries out upon seeing the valiant barbarian killed. He will honor the northman's final wish, if they can ever get out of this place.

Garrin turns his attack to the charioteers.

To Hit with +1 Long Sword: [1d20+1] = 11+1 = 12; Damage: sm - [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9; lg - [1d12+1] = 12+1 = 13

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Xorzen continues his assault on dem bones in front of him.

Javalin Attack [1d20] = 14 Damage [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:57 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 am
Posts: 470
Loche dashes towards the next undead in line and thrusts with his new dagger, shouting:

This dagger seems jammy tae me... 'ere, hae a keek!

Translation:
This dagger seems lucky to me... Here, have a look!


Dagger, melee (THACO:20): [1d20] = 11 Dmg [1d4] = 4

_________________
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Mako:

Mako turns and keeps his back to Xorzen and Loche as he watches out for the charioteer that has broken through the lines to the south. He holds his position and will strike at any foe that comes into range.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 5:03 am
Posts: 4065
Location: NC
"...in a vomit of crimson."
Love it!!

Roan, Son of Rune looks around him in wonder. No pain. No blood. Just the icy winds of Valhalla driving the snow and sleet at him. Surprisingly, he really doesn't feel the cold either. When figures emerge through the gale, Roan is surprised to find an axe in his hand.
But his surprise turns to joy when he recognizes the grizzled appearance of his father, Rune, as well as the striking figure of his grandfather, Roark. Both clasp his arm and shoulder, grinning and laughing. "Ya made it, boy!" Roark says, nodding proudly.
"And about time, too!" Rune replies. "We've much ta do, but first, some honeyed mead awaits in the Hall."
"Mead? What hall?" Roan asks, clearly overwhelmed by seeing both his father and grandfather again, together, alive.

Roan then notices a long hall in the distance > the glow of firelight shines through the windows, and he thinks he can hear the sounds of laughter and songs of battle.
"Aye, lad. Mead first, maybe a song or two, and a wench to warm ya dead bones. Then, we've some giants to slay!" Rune laughs.
"All three of us, thanks be to Mitra!" Roark says with a grin, as he turns back toward the Hall.

Roan laughs too, joining his family as they head toward the Hall of Heroes...together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A glorious death! Many thanks!
Axe high, friends! I go!

_________________
Winter is coming...

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9030
Location: 1977
The Hall of Heroes (31), Fourth Tier of the Great Pyramid
Lost City of Khemsa, Forgotten Kingdom of Verulia, Great Eastern Desert, the World of Hyboria
Day Three. Morning. 15th day of the month of Yuluk, 1279th year of the Age of Aquilonia



Image


Roan the barbarian fell beneath the blades of the soldiers of Xuthalhotep. His soul journeys to Valhalla where he will reave and slay with his fathers forever.

On Earth, the deathless sentinels of the pharaoh's tomb toil unceasingly to send the rest of the crypt raiders to join Roan in the world after this one.



Foiled by the tight quarters where the explorers have made their stand, the charioteers leap down and join the fray. In a whirl of swords, Zahra's proud cheekbone is lacerated (-1hp), a flashing saber hacks into Amethu's torso (-3hp), and a bone-shattering strike to Kiri's great helm sets stars flashing before his eyes, and his head rolling on his shoulders (-3hp).

A skeleton archer (S11) unharnesses one of the abandoned horses from its chariot, and mounts up.

Distracted by his new dagger's powers, Loche misses with it. But Xorzen the disciple remains focused, thrusting his javelin into an ancient cadaver's neck and sending it crashing to the floor. (S1)

Mako of the East prepares to defend himself, Arthfael's scimitar is beaten down by a dismounted charioteer's sword, and the wounds of Zahra and Kiri ruin their aim.

Amethu's staff crushes a skull into shards of bone (S9), and another bloodless warrior (C21) falls like ripe grain beneath his Garrin's enchanted blade.

Only four animated horrors remain, but they do not relent.


Actions?!


Map Detail:

S = Soldiers. C = Dismounted Charioteers. H = Riderless Horses pulling Chariots.
Lit areas are visible. All else is from memory.



Rolls and Rulings (non-required reading):


Image


PC Status:
    Amethu: Verulian Grand Magus Cleric/Magic-User 2/1: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 6/10, Spells: 6/6 1st lvl
    Arthfael Griogarach: Cimmerian Northman Druid 3: Move: 12", AC: 6, HP: 17/17, Spells: 5/5 1st lvl, 3/4 2nd lvl and 1/2 3rd lvl
    Garrin Locke: Argosian Atlantean Paladin 2: Move: 12", AC: 4(2), HP: 15/18, Laying Hands: 1/1
    Kiri Khutan: Kambujan Easterner Fighter/Magic-User 1/1: Move: 9", AC: 4, HP: 2/7, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl
    Loche: Pict Savage Thief 3: Move: 9", AC: 5, HP: 18/18
    Mako: Khitan Easterner Illusionist 2: Move: 12", AC: 7(5), HP: 6/6, Spells: 1/2 1st lvl, Light spell
    Xorzen: Verulian Osoran Monk 2: Move: 16", AC: 8, HP: 12/12
    Zahra: Verulian Amazon Fighter 2: Move: 12", AC: 3, HP: 14/16

PC Magic:
    Protection from Evil (Garrin): -2 to AC and +2 to saving throws against evil, in a 10 foot radius around Garrin.
    Healing Mists of Osorus (All except Amethu and Zahra): All lost HP recovered with 8 hours of sleep. Wakeful rest, or sleeping less than 8 hours, enables recovery of 1 HP per hour. Duration: "months."

Player Resources:

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
Arthfael pokes the tip of his spear in between skeleton bones, deftly avoiding striking anything.

Spear (THAC0 20): [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 [1d6] = 6 (S/M) / [1d8] = 8 (L)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2380
Location: Pennsylvania
Amethu next staff strike whiffs the air as his wound distracts his attack.

To Hit (THACO 20): [1d20] = 9
Quarterstaff Damage: = S/M/L: [1d6] = 6


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1185
Zahara

Zahara tosses her head, barely aware she's been injured. She swings her mace, connecting with a soild blow. She can almost hear Lythanne, her trainer, grunt "Good enough, child"

[1d20] = 20+2
[1d6] = 5+3

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Mako:

Mako rushes forward to check on the fallen Roan.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm
Posts: 1000
Garrin turns his attention to the charioteer on his flank (C22), but his sword hits only air.

To Hit with +1 Long Sword: [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4; Damage: sm - [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9; lg - [1d12+1] = 8+1 = 9

_________________
I'm not gonna cook it but I'll order it from Zanzibar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 am
Posts: 470
That wis a warning shot! better tae lea dying tae they experienced!

Translation:
That was a warning shot! Better to leave dying to those experienced!


Loche shouts as he charges at the horrors ahead with his new dagger flashing!

Dagger, melee (THACO:20): [1d20] = 16 Dmg [1d4] = 1

_________________
PC History:

Ioriston Erudleaf - Level Three Elven Wizard, Hedge's Adventures in the Realms (5e)
Loche - Level Three Pict Thief, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am
Posts: 13332
Location: Packerland
Xorzen knows he cannot mourn his friends death yet. He uses his great speed to his advantage, rushing to attack the nearest enemy. C22?

Javalin Attack [1d20] = 20 Damage [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

That was awesome, Hedge!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:23 am
Posts: 1185
Zahara

Just saw that I forgot to specify a target. <C24>

_________________
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 2315
Kiri, still seeing stars, thrusts his trident underhand into the ribs of the skeleton in the center of the constellation and twists sharply.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9030
Location: 1977
Urson wrote:
Zahara
Just saw that I forgot to specify a target. <C24>

Ok. Thanks! I appreciate it.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group