Re: Prologue

#41 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:Asus and Castien here is what's available at this point:

(1) Private Room - 2gp/night
(1) Private Room - 5 ep/night
(1) Private Room - 5ep/night
Common Dormitory - 1sp/night

Different prices = different amenities.
Castien is privately thankful Ausus elected to take the more expensive private room. While his elven heritage tends to make Castien more inclined to seek out the finer things in life, he didn't feel compelled, especially so early into his adventuring career, to make unnecessary splurges. One of the 5ep rooms will be just fine for his needs.

After settling his tab (ooc: he will leave 4gp with his waitress which should be more than enough to cover the 5ep cost of the room and a glass of water plus tip), Castien intends to retire directly up to his room. "Friends, I have much research to do this evening and would like to be fully rested for the morrow. I bid thee all adieu."

With that, Castien disappears to do exactly as he said.

Edit: Corrected currency conversion oversight.
Last edited by dmw71 on Tue May 22, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 0.1 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 9 (10:30pm)
53h/33l, 10mph

Non-Adventuring Replies:

1. Karl, Castien, Gandrel - No encounter of significance. Castien you created a map of the town as desired and hanging out at the inn you didn't notice anything out of place or interesting in the morning or afternoon. Just typical coming and goings of townsfolk and out of town travelers and adventurers. Gandrel, upon waking the next day you have a little more you can do as indicated.

2. Asus and Quoros - PM will be incoming

Castien, 1gp=2ep.

I am a little behind at home this morning so your next adventuring post and meeting with Cole won't be posted until later today. Also, get me the WIH and memorized spells if you havent already. I have 2/5.

New weather will be 40h/28l, 5mph.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Quarterstaff ; Ausus - ; Quoros – Club/Free ; Karalquint - ; Gandrel -
MO:
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote: Castien, 1gp=2ep.
My mistake. I will edit the original post to reflect the correction.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 0.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (6:00pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

"It is an hour or so away from dusk. As the sun goes down the temperature is steadily dropping. Following the road east out of town, you encounter no one as the road seems barren this evening. About 100 yards up ahead to the side of the road you see a man upon a horse which has light supplies resting upon it's back. He notices you right away and gestures you forth with a wave of his hand."

I assumed everyone was content with their NA actions up to this point so we continue after you all gather at the inn and head on out to meet Cole...(We are now back to adventure time flow)

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 4/4 ; Karalquint - 3/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Quarterstaff ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
MO:
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote: "It is an hour or so away from dusk. As the sun goes down the temperature is steadily dropping. Following the road east out of town, you encounter no one as the road seems barren this evening. About 100 yards up ahead to the side of the road you see a man upon a horse which has light supplies resting upon it's back. He notices you right away and gestures you forth with a wave of his hand."
The grip on his quarterstaff grows tight and Castien must do everything possible to quell his nerves or risk losing his dinner. He consciously attempts to control his breathing and is eventually successful once he begins repeating the details of his prepared spell over and over again in his mind.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#46 Post by Alethan »

As they approach, Quoros takes note of the supplies on the horse's back to see what they are, in hopes that it gives some idea what the night will be about. Then he casually scans the area, using his infravision to make sure they're alone. Wherever they walk to, Quoros will continually check their sides, wary of any kind of ambush.

"Halo, Cole," Quoros says, quietly. "Here I am, with my swords, as promised." He makes a point of looking at the horse. "How far do we travel this night?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (6:00pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

As you approach you observe general supplies upon the horses back (ropes, small bags with unknown contents, wineskins, etc.). You recognize the man on the horse as Cole. The horse paces calmly back and forth. Patting it's neck gently he squints to observe the group as you approach. He clenches his jaw and then responds to your greeting.

“You might as well have dug our grave, dwarf,” he says quietly. “Three elves, one of which looks like he's about to puke, and one kinda-elf? So much for being subtle and not bringing attention in these parts...I'm surprised you didn't recruit a drow while you were at it...”

Cole frowns and then gives a heavy sigh. “No matter, I guess. This fellowship will be short lived and over sooner rather then later as this trip will be quick.”

“To answer your question,” he continues, “we travel about three miles through there.” He points to an overgrown track that leads off into the rugged hills and tangled scrub above town.

“That will probably put us at our destination roughly by nightfall. If the moonlight doesn't fail us I shouldn't have a problem with sight. If so, you demi-humans will earn your worth. I will lead so stay single file close to the horse and keep your ears open. I will let you know IF I need assistance.”

With that, Cole tightens up his scale mail armor (which is oddly light green in color) and turns his horse to head up the track.

I will now need a finalized MO for a 5' corridor.

WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Quarterstaff ; Ausus – T.H. Sword/T.H. Sword ; Quoros – F. Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
MO:
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 3/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:I will now need a finalized MO for a 5' corridor.
We will start with this:

5' Corridor
Gandrel Fairburn
Quoros Spiritforged
Ausus tuulo'Welkwood
Castien Larenthalryl
Karalquint Cavanethal
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by Alethan »

"Aye, no lights is good by us."

He turns to the others and whispers, "Keep an eye out on all sides and the rear." He cinches the straps on his pack, slings his shield across his back, and takes his place in formation, using his bronzewood club as a walking stick in his left hand, his footman's mace on a quick-release snap on his belt.
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (9:00pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

“A scrub of thorns, thistles, weeds, and shrubs grows thickly along the edge of the track. Even the track is mostly overgrown and cluttered with fallen branches and trees. Here and there it is washed out, in other places a mire. Some game evidently still follows the pathway, however, for after a mile or so faint traces can be seen. But even considering this, going is slow, and it takes over an hour to reach the place on horseback, or three to trudge along on foot. Considerable hacking and clearing is necessary to make the way passable, so double the time required for the first trip. After two miles, as the track turns more northerly, the land begins to sink and become boggy. Tall marsh plants grow thickly where cattails and tamaracks do not. Off to the left can be seen the jagged silhouette of a moathouse. A side path, banked high to cross over the wetland to either side, is just north to the entrance of the ruin. The track here is only about 15 feet wide or so, with crumbling embankments making travel near the edge dangerous. The bogs stink. The vegetation appears dense and prolific, but somehow sickly and unhealthy, creepers and vines throwing their strangling loops over the skeletons of dead saplings and living bushes alike. Thrushes and cattails rustle and bend even to a slight zephyr, and weird bird calls, croakings, and other unwholesome sounds come faintly across the fen.”
MHArt.jpg
MHArt.jpg (617.91 KiB) Viewed 562 times
MO: C,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables:
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph

Cole exits his horse and ties her securely to a large tree back hidden in some brush off to the side of the track. He pats her soothingly and then grabs a pack and a shield off of her back. Securing the pack on his person he then turns to the group. Without a word he points to his eyes and then his ears and then points ahead toward the moathouse. He then motions to follow. All of his gestures seem very military like. Quietly unsheathing his longsword he creeps forward shield up.

MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables:
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by saalaria »

Whilst walking Gandrel was taking in as much of Cole's demeanour and possessions as possible. Interspersed with keeping eyes all around.
OOC - Does the greeness tinge to the armour ring any bells with Gandrel of being of any significance?
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph
OOC - Does the greeness tinge to the armour ring any bells with Gandrel of being of any significance?
No, it does not.

Let me know if anyone wants any actions at this point or I will continue approaching as described.

Consumables:
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:“...But even considering this, going is slow, and it takes over an hour to reach the place on horseback, or three to trudge along on foot. Considerable hacking and clearing is necessary to make the way passable, so double the time required for the first trip.”
Castien is thankful for the slower progress. While the more burly party members in front of him clear the way, he patiently makes his way behind them. While he is perfectly content to surround himself with those more physically capable, he does keep his eyes and ears open, focusing on his new surroundings.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Omega1143 »

40h/28l, 5mph
Whilst walking Gandrel was taking in as much of Cole's demeanor and possessions as possible. Interspersed with keeping eyes all around.
Cole's demeanor is very serious and he is very meticulous and stealth like on his approach to the fallen tree you can see up ahead. It's as if he's been trained in being silent and undetected which is quite impressive considering the scale mail and shield he possesses. Save the pack he carries everything else is "light"...padded leather boots, breeches, etc.

As Cole approaches the tree he kneels down and runs his fingers along it, examining it up and down. He then lifts his head and listens for a moment. Promptly turning around, he slinks back to Gandrel who is in the lead of the group.

"I want to take a look around the perimeter before heading in," he whispers. Gandrel and Quoros are the only ones who can hear him at this point.

"I could use some eyes in this darkness, preferably one of you not wearing armor and fleet of foot," he continues. "This place is more then likely barren save a few transient creatures as it was abandoned long ago. My goal is to get in and out but I want to be safe by checking out the walls first."

"Who's with me?"

Consumables:
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#56 Post by Alethan »

Quoros looks down at his chain armour and stocky legs. Then he looks up at Cole and slowly shakes his head.

"I'll help watch yer back from here," he whispers.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"Who's with me?"
"If the leather armored elf (Gandrel) or the kinda-elf (Ausus) aren't willing, the elf on the verge of puking (Castien) can lend some stealth and darkness vision."
-- Project --

-- DM --
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by Nuke66 »

Karl follows, take his rear guard serious.

"I can go as well, but the Chain is a bit load and heavy."
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by saalaria »

"I will go with you Cole. Gandrel is my name and I have some experience scouting and moving quietly without being seen. Do you still wish to lead - I can go first if needed?"
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#60 Post by Xaxyx »

Ausus observes these conversations quietly, and does not speak up, but rather stands near Quoros, his arms folded.

Return to “Tavern Tales”