It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Goblin Halls: Entrance
After the charmed goblin was dispatched, the group continues to follow the Brother’s River to its source in the Daakencraags. It takes little more than an hour before the entrance looms in the distance.

Attachment:
Entrance.jpg
Entrance.jpg [ 49.12 KiB | Viewed 219 times ]


As you approach the entrance, you notice right away that a great seal has been torn asunder. Large chunks of stone debris litter the grass around the great archway. Darkness from within carries with it a cold chill which settles into your bones even before you enter.


---

Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:47 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 66F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14228
"No welcome mat?" cracks Horatio. "Rude."

~~~~~~

Keebler, finding himself standing at the threshold of another goblin hole, hesitates. Will this one be any less deadly than the last? Will he ever see sunlight again? He would rather enter fresh, with his spell available. But this is no place to set camp.

He sighs with resignation. "Let's do this."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Sacro, freshly out of school and ready to impress with his abilities, declares its time to proceed.

Junius shakes his head at the naive elf, but he prepares to lead them nonetheless.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Branch
"Let's do this," says Keebler with a sigh of resignation after Horatio makes a crack about a lack of a welcome mat. Not wasting any time, Junius assumes his point position and begins to lead the group into the dungeon.

You immediately notice that the dungeon is cold and dry -- almost a full 10-degrees cooler than it is outside -- and you begin to see your breath once you step foot inside. The ceilings are a comfortable 8-feet high, and the walls vary in width from as few as 5-feet to 15-feet wide, or even wider in spots. The floors consist of well-placed flagstone, dirty in corners, but very little debris. It is also dark, so AdaRue and Canun re-ignite their lanterns.


Proceeding with caution, Junius halts the group after approximately 80-feet when, at the edge of AdaRue's lantern, the dwarf spies a branch off to the right.
Attachment:
Branch.jpg
Branch.jpg [ 65.53 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]


Also, at the very limits of their infravision, Junius and Dimly detail what appears to be another branch up ahead, this one off to the left.


---

Note: For some reason, I had been allowing lanterns to burn for a full 24-hours per flask instead of the 4-hours they're supposed to. I have adjusted the burn times for the two that are lit now. AdaRue, your lantern required a new flask of oil so please deduct one from your inventory; Canun, your lantern is just continuing its burn.



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:48 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Last edited by dmw71 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Updated map for new infravision rule.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 51
Dimly trundles up to the corner on the left and peeks around it, prepared to skewer any goblin there with his sword.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun is happy to let the others do the scouting. As always, he will bravely guard the rear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2842
Rainey says quietly "ok, guys... act cool... if we meet any goblins, let's tell 'em it's cool... we're with Vir Kayak."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius sees that straight ahead is at least clear for a while, so he will quietly duck toward the right tunnel to make sure nothing is waiting there to ambush them.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Right Branch
Junius and Dimly approach the right branch and peer around the corner:
Attachment:
Right.jpg
Right.jpg [ 85.11 KiB | Viewed 183 times ]


This side passage measures at least 60-feet, and appears to continue onward beyond that distance. The dwarves report that there appears to be another side branch off to the right near the end of their vision.


---



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:49 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue shuffles along in her lovely banded mail. Do be careful up there! she offers lamely.

She smiles at Rainey's idea of fooling the goblins by saying they are with their chief, wondering if it's possible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2842
Rainey whispers forward "Maybe stay to the right...? Isn't that an exploration strategy...?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 51
Dimly gives a good hard squint at the left wall of the corridor, shakes his head, and heads down the right branch. He approaches the corner where the passage turns right again, and cautiously peers around it, sword ready for any goblin lurking there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Right Branch Off Right Branch
Junius and Dimly proceed down the right corridor while the rest of the group advances up to the first intersection. Dimly moves to the corner and peers down the new right hand branch while Junius looks on. The dwarf spies a door about 35-feet down this new side passage.
Attachment:
Right-Right.png
Right-Right.png [ 514.11 KiB | Viewed 167 times ]


Otherwise, this first right branch continues on as far as the dwarves are able to see.


---



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:51 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 51
Dimly waves the rest of the party up to the corner. Maybe someone should take a careful look at the door yonder, he says hoarsely, barely above a whisper. The dwarf trudges about 20 feet down the corridor (about halfway to the door), sword at the ready.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius will go straight to see what is hiding out of view, with plans to return and discuss.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14228
Horatio rolls his eyes. "Fine," he says. "I guess I'll look at it. But I ain't opening it!"

He creeps up to the door, checking the floor all the way for pits and other nasty surprises. If he reaches the door, he listens at the door, checks it for traps, and tests whether it is locked.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
At the Door
Dimly moves half way down the side branch and calls for someone to investigate the door. Horatio is the reluctant responder. The thief carefully makes his way down this side passage, towards the door, mindful of the floor and walls, looking for traps. Finding none, he reaches the door and listens.

Inside, while he can't make out the specifics of what is being said, or how many distinct voices are heard, Horatio is able to make out multiple, overlapping goblins speaking on the other side of the door.
Attachment:
Door.jpg
Door.jpg [ 67.29 KiB | Viewed 129 times ]


Elsewhere, further down this first right path, Junius cautiously pushes forward and notices, approximately 80-feet after the current side branch being explored, is another side passage off to the right... and the branch appears to continue beyond this second side offering.

---



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:54 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue follows Junius down the hallway. Don't wander too far of off on your own, Junius. seeing her lantern light up the passageway, she offers to shield (or extinguish) the light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius retreats to inform the others. He asks whether they feel safer attacking with surprise or continuing down his larh.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue places her hand on Junius's forehead to see if he has a fever. When it feels normal, she asks, What's a "larh"?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group