It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2692
Rainey observes "Well, 'Black' does rhyme with 'Attack'... but would it be do attack, or dont?"

"This mold may be deadly... ya know, it would be really helpful to have somebody to send in there... like a prisoner..."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue swears when Horatio kills the manic goblin. She whispers to Junius, He is dangerous. Just as likely to kill one of us as a goblin.

Later, when Rainey mentions sacrificing the goblin to the mold, she has mixed feelings. Sure she would kill a goblin in a fight, but would she send to its death like that? She isn't sure. She wraps a piece of scarlet flannel around her nose and enters the room, talking about runcible cats and pobble toes. Lantern in hand, she looks for the prisoner, hoping he is alive.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
drpete wrote:
Rainey observes "Well, 'Black' does rhyme with 'Attack'... but would it be do attack, or dont?"
"But those are the words in the common tongue," answers Keebler. "The Old Quindian word for 'black' or 'darkness' is mori, and the word for 'fight' or 'sword' is makla. It doesn't work at all."

~~~~~

drpete wrote:
"This mold may be deadly... ya know, it would be really helpful to have somebody to send in there... like a prisoner..."
"That would be cruel," chides Horatio. It's hard to tell whether he is sarcastic or serious.

"I wonder..." he says. He grabs an arrow and shoots it at one of the clumps of mold on the floor.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9 [1d8] = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius nods his agreement to Adarue.

Sacro speaks up, "Was it something about a flame?" as a rhyme to black in the ancient language.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7983
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun waits to see what effect Horatio's arrow has. If nothing noticeable happens, he sticks a rag in one of his flasks of oil, lights it, and tosses it as far into the room as he can, hoping for the flames to land on the mold.


Toss the oil [1d20] = 19


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 43
Dimly takes cover at the mouth of the chamber, ready to fire at any enemies who spring forth.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11017
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Stinky Room
"Ughk. Mold," sighs Keebler as Junius relays his findings. The elf proceeds to disparage the goblins for their failure to follow the most basic water channeling and desiccation methods. "This mold may be deadly, ya know," Rainey observes while adding that it would be helpful to have somebody to send in there... like a prisoner. "That would be cruel," chides Horatio; the group is unsure whether the comment was sarcastic or serious. "I wonder..." the thief says, before stringing an arrow and targeting one of the clumps of mold on the floor.

From the vantage point in the hallway, the mold appears to be everywhere, so targeting it is not difficult. While not exactly where he intended it, Horatio's arrow pierces into one of the clumps festering on the floor, ricochets slightly after striking the solid stone floor, and flies out the opposite side without any effect.

Canun sticks a rag in one of his flasks of oil, lights it, and with a near-perfect toss, starts a small blaze in a far section in corner. The flaming mycotoxins release a strong, pungent odor and a contained -- for now -- area of smoke, but the burning mold produces no unexpected reaction.


AdaRue wraps a piece of scarlet flannel around her nose and enters the room, lantern in hand. The light from the midwife's lantern reveals what appears to be a path of sorts leading deeper into the chamber, but her light currently does not reach the end of this new area.
Attachment:
Stinky Room.jpg
Stinky Room.jpg [ 116.06 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 10:20 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (26) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (26) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
"I've got a bad feeling about this," says Horatio. "Still, if I were a grubby little gob and I wanted to hide my shinies, this'd be the place for it. Not so sure I want to go digging, though."

~~~~~

"Why is no one here?" wonders Keebler. "I mistrust unguarded prisons. It implies alternate protections."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius watches to see if the mold moves or if the fire does any further effect.

Sacro asks what is happening.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 43
Dimly holds position and surveys the room, arrow at the ready.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
Stupid, stupid, stupid... thinks AdaRue, lantern in hand, as she finds herself delving deeper into the stinky room. She knows she shouldn't trust the word of a goblin, but the chance there is human bound up in here pushes her along. She looks back only once, hopeful the others will come too, but she does not wait to find out. Her feet advance of their own accord.

She is carrying her shield and a lantern. Mace is on belt.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11017
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Prisoner
Junius stands pat and watches the mold Canun set aflame, and it continues to burn as you would expect it to; nothing fantastic or unusual happens.

AdaRue, nose and mouth still wrapped in a piece of scarlet flannel, pushes forward and finds herself exploring deeper and deeper into the stinky room. The midwife knows she shouldn't trust the word of a goblin, but the chance there is human bound up in here pushes her along. She looks back only once, hopeful the others will follow, but she does not wait to find out.

After avoiding the moldy patches for another 20-feet or so through the clear path down the center of the room, the light from her lantern finally sheds light on the prisoner, adorned in the uniform of one of Brighton's wardens, shackled to a great ring protruding from the floor on the far end of this stinky room:
Attachment:
Prisoner.png
Prisoner.png [ 638.85 KiB | Viewed 85 times ]


From the current distance, you are unable to tell if he is alive, but AdaRue is able to detect a long, red-feathered arrow sticking out of his chest.


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 10:20 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (26) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (26) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
"Well bite me," Horatio curses to himself, knowing what he's about to do. "AdaRue, get the hell out of there. If you die, we're screwed. And I should go in and check for a trap. Everyone else"—he can't believe he's saying this—"wait here in case I trigger it."

Horatio sighs overdramatically, lights his lantern, and walks AdaRue's path into the room. When he nears the prisoner, he checks for traps on and around the ring and the prisoner's shackles.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11017
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Trap!
"Well bite me," Horatio curses to himself, from his position in the hallway. "AdaRue, get the hell out of there," he starts. "If you die, we're screwed. And I should go in and check for a trap."

"Everyone else"
-- he can't believe he's saying this -- "wait here in case I trigger it."

The thief sighs overdramatically, lights his lantern, and awaits AdaRue's return so he can follow the path she took into the room. He watches as the midwife makes her way back... and spots something "off" with one of her steps. Once AdaRue has cleared, he gets a closer inspection of the suspicious area and detects a narrow section of the floor, spanning the width of the cleared path, has been slightly disrupted.
Attachment:
Trap.png
Trap.png [ 548.52 KiB | Viewed 77 times ]



A pressure plate appears to have been triggered... but nothing has happened?


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 10:23 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (26) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (26) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    Horatio: F/RT (01-14): [1d100] = 5 -- Success! (Private DM roll)

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2692
Rainey observes... "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Then he continues "Could it be he already triggered an arrow trap?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13949
"Oh crap," says Horatio. Without approaching the mounds of mold, he scans the wall across from the prisoner for a hole an arrow might have flow through. Then he thinks of something. "How could he have triggered a plate here and gotten shot way over there?" he asks. "Unless someone else triggered it and the arrow went over its head?"

Shrugging, he makes his way carefully to the seemingly dead prisoner.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue bites her lip in frustration. She had been so determined to save the man that she might have killed him instead. I'm so stupid! she hisses. The brighter side is that she has a bit of respect for Horatio, and even thanks him.

She turns to her curmudgeonly counterpart. Canun, I used my miracle on Dimly. Would you tend to the soldier, if he's still alive?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5772
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius and Sacro wait patiently.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2692
Rainey thinks about it, then answers Horatio "There could be a gas, or a release of mold spores... something that takes a while to notice..."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11017
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Alive?
Horatio scans the wall across from the prisoner for a hole an arrow might have flow through and fails to detect one. After giving-up on trying to figure out how someone on the far side of the room could have affected by a trap on the opposite end, be shrugs and begins making his way towards the seemingly dead prisoner.

Now safely replaced by the advancing thief, AdaRue asks Canun if he would be willing to use his divine magic on the prisoner, if he's still alive. Her curmudgeonly counterpart does not immediately respond.

Rainey, clearly still pondering the findings in the room, cautions aloud: "There could be a gas, or a release of mold spores... something that takes a while to notice..." A comforting thought to the thief, now on the far side of the room, no doubt.
Attachment:
Alive.jpg
Alive.jpg [ 141.5 KiB | Viewed 57 times ]


Horatio finally reaches the imprisoned warden and notices the prisoner's chest rising and lowering with each faint breath he takes. The thief spends a few carefully minutes inspecting the area on and around the ring, and a few more on the prisoner's shackles for traps.

He finds none.


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 10:29 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (26) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (26) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group