It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey growls. "They'll hold... come on guys, you can do it!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 4
The beetles continue to attack with impressive quickness, but both Keebler and Junius manage to fend off the powerful mandibles snapping in their respective directions.

The parties efforts are equally unsuccessful, as no one appears able to weaken their adversaries.
Attachment:
E02R04.jpg
E02R04.jpg [ 71.23 KiB | Viewed 119 times ]


The same two beetles remain; one attacking Junius (FB #1) and the attacking Keebler (FB #3).


---



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 10:30 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Mila's 'Shield' spell on Keebler (Dispelled: 29 Februarius @ 10:49)

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
Keebler regains his balance and strikes again.

Long sword (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 19, [1d8] = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius swings, but just cant find the ability to hit the damaged bug.
: Scimitar attack [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 ; damage [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Tries another dart, but 2 things become obvious: 1) the little witch is definately rattled, her innate cowardness showing once more. 2) she needs practice.

Dart. To hit [1d20] = 11 Damage [1d4] = 4

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:16 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 5
Keebler and Junius refocus their efforts and act more quickly than their multi-legged adversaries. The dwarf continues to be too weary and weakened from his gruesome wounds and slashes wildly with his scimitar. The elf, however, finds his focus and cuts deeply into the beetle confronting him, causing it to reel back and vacate the area Mila targeted with her latest errant toss.

While the rest of the group in back consider their actions, the beetles decide they've had enough abuse and quickly turn and flee down the same side passage from which they emerged.
Attachment:
E02R05.jpg
E02R05.jpg [ 106.6 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]


The party, at least for now, is safe.


---



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 10:31 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Mila's 'Shield' spell on Keebler (Dispelled: 29 Februarius @ 10:49)

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius breathes a sigh of relief, but the pain is evident. He goes about cutting out the light glands for the crew.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"Cut out the beetles' light glands," says Keebler as he scowls at the bodies of Tippin and Hastin. "It's all they're good for, other than turning my friends into corpses."

He sets himself to the grim task of going through Tippin's belongings. He retrieves 18 arrows, 50' of silk rope, a lantern, 5 flasks of oil, 4 trail rations, a crowbar, and a 100 gp promissory note. The hobbit also wears new hobbit-sized banded armor, for what little good it did him. Keebler restocks his own arrow supply, offers 2 to Junius, and saves the other 13 for later. He offers the other supplies to anyone who needs them. "At least we know he wouldn't have minded," he says of the hobbit who took a set of armor from another dead friend's back.

"Let's get the hell out of here," he says. "Do we dare try to carry the dead out with us, or should we burn them where they lie?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
With tears of grief running down her face, AdaRue steps carefully past Tipping and Hastin's bodies, and prays to the Mother for Junius. She doesn't know what to say to Keebler's question. Of course she wants to bury her friends, but she is too depressed to take up the task. Maybe the others will do it, or a pure in the next room...

Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey shakes his head sadly "This sucks. We need a better plan next time, like a net or something."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"I should have cast my sleeping spell when the bugs were in the corridor," says Keebler, his voice full of regret.

I don't know why I didn't. I think I'd forgotten he hadn't used it yet. That or I'd forgotten how deadly those damned beetles are.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Seeing the elf's angush, AdaRue rushes over and gives him a big hug. Oh Keebler... is all she can manage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
With whatever help he can get, Keebler drags Tippin and Hastin to the surface and buries them before returning to town.

He is silent most of the way back, lost in his thoughts and his grief. He thinks about all the people he knew, or barely knew, that died—Tom, Omdog, Watts, Hatin, Tippin. Bernie, before them. Humans and hobbits. Children, all of them—even the "old man" wasn't even a century old. Such a waste, he thinks.

When town is within sight, he sighs and speaks. "I don't want to die in that hole," he announces. "Actually, I don't want to die at all," he allows, "but delving into that hole greatly increases the odds of that happening in the near future—to me or to someone I care about. So I'm going to go try to find some way to feed myself that doesn't involve an unreasonable risk of being eaten by a giant bug."

"Good luck, everyone. Try not to get killed."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue assists with burying Hastin and Tippin. And hearing Keebler's desire to leave the group is heartbreaking, though completely understandable. She agrees to escort him back to town, wondering the whole time if she should bother returning as well.

Sorry for the lack of response. I was waiting to see where everyone else falls. With no one else chiming in though, I'll jsut say that it's fine to head back to town again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey helps to gather up the bodies, intending to bring them back to the surface for burial. He'll help carry the bodies, since he won't be worth much in a fight.

"Lets go back to town and get some reinforcements. We need more muscle if we're going to do this. Seems like we're being outmatched by vermin."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Zhym wrote:
"I should have cast my sleeping spell when the bugs were in the corridor," says Keebler, his voice full of regret.

I don't know why I didn't. I think I'd forgotten he hadn't used it yet. That or I'd forgotten how deadly those damned beetles are.


"Hubbard teaches that mistakes don't always kill those who make them. Many times they kill those we care about" Canun adds unhelpfully.

The pudgy cleric helps bury the bodies and returns to town with the others.

"Killing beetles is entirely unprofitable" brays the not-so-humble servant of Hubbard. "I'm with Keebler. There must be more profitable ventures out there somewhere."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group