It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8045
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun, with a good view of the action from above, sets down his lantern and casts Light at the eyes of one of the beetles attacking Tippin. After all 2:1 isn't fair, especially if you're the 1. If he has a choice upon casting, he'll target the one that appears less injured.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
Now that they are in closer quarters, Hastin attacks with his sword...

Longsword [1d20] = 3 Damage [1d8] = 4

... with no good results.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Fearing for the life of her friend, AdaRue slings a stone at one of the beetles. Seeing the stone fly true, she is pleased she had had time to have the armorer adjust the shoulders.

Sling [1d20] = 20, dmg [1d4] = 1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11052
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 2
The beetles continue to act with impressive quickness, and attack with ferocious intentions. Powerful mandibles crunch down and literally squeeze the life from both Hastin (-8) and Tippin (-8), whose pained screams fill the passageway!

Next to the now fallen fighting man, Junius brushes away the beetle that lunges at him with his shield, then severs an antenna of his adversary with another successful slash from his trusted scimitar – but still fails to introduce his giant bug to death.

Across the passage, the fourth beetle scampers past the fallen halfling and targets Keebler. Witnessing the deadly vermin approaching, the elf begins to switch from his bow to his sword, knocking the pest away with his ranged weapon in the process. AdaRue, fearing the oncoming creature, quickly slings a stone at it, and grazes it with a glancing blow. Canun, having the same reaction as AdaRue, casts ‘Light’ in the creatures eyes. Keebler slashes down with his sharpened blade on the wounded, blinded beetle; killing it by severing one of its legs and sending its thick blood pooling onto the floor in front of them.
Attachment:
E02R02.jpg
E02R02.jpg [ 80.77 KiB | Viewed 89 times ]



Three beetles remain; one heavily wounded.


---
Alethan and Zhym, apologies! Back-to-back nasty rolls. :(


Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 10:28 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)

The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin

      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin &
      Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius swats but is too distracted...

Rolled a 7...


edit to add roll
Scimitar attack [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 ; damage [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8


(notice the effective damage roll the one time he doesnt hit. :{

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Last edited by onlyme on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Bummer about Hastin and Tippin. :(
@ Junius: Quit listening to onlyme! Ruuuuuuuuunnnnnn! Run into the room!!! :lol:


As one beetle feasts on Tippins corpse, AdaRue launches a second stone at the wall nnear it. Leave him alone! she begs.

Sling [1d20] = 4, dmg [1d4] = 1
She totally meant to scare the beetle... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Begins to panic seeing Tippin and Hastin fall. She then worries over who to cast her shield upon. Keebler was facing two foes but AdaRue was already badly hurt. She looks at AdaRue, "I'm sorry!" and cast Sheild on Keebler.

Cast Sheild on Keebler

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8045
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"Let them feast on the dead! We must help the living or we all may die!" squeals Canun, in quite a panic. He loads a sling stone and hurls it towards the beetle fighting Junius.

Sling attack [1d20] = 10, damage [1d4] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Doesn't argue Canun's logic... but if it comes down to her, AdaRue, and the cleric, she will likely push Canun to the beetles and beat it back to town while the bugs chew on his righteous blubbery ass.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12902
Location: Midwest
No worries, Dave. The dice have spoken. Twice now, it seems.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:41 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11052
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Keebler?

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
Keebler grimly slashes at the walking and biting lantern, wondering when death will come for him too.

Long sword (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 19, [1d8] = 8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2831
Frightened by the way the beetles seem to be chewing through the party, Rainey pulls out his dagger, and prepares to attack, should the beetle take out any more of his friends.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11052
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 3
The beetles continue their quick, ferocious behavior. The near dead beetle snaps its mandibles down on Junius and manage to strike an artery! The dwarf stifles a scream, but the final moments of his life are spent in excruciating pain as he bleeds out. The other beetle in the area quickly wheels around and joins the third in its pursuit of Keebler and the rest of their hopeful meals. Keebler has other ideas however, as he deftly side steps one attack, and then a second.

"Leave him alone!" AdaRue begs as she slings a stone wildly in the direction of the second incoming beetle. "I'm sorry," Mila says as she elects to cast her 'Shield' spell on Keebler instead of AdaRue. "Let them feast on the dead! We must help the living or we all may die!" squeals Canun, who slings a stone in the general direction of the two beetles squaring off against Keebler to no effect.

Keebler looks to avenge the death of his halfling companion, and preserve his own well-being, brings his sword down with a powerful strike. The razor sharp elven blade slices through the thick shell of his target, bringing the life of his insectoid adversary to a quick end.
Attachment:
E02R03.jpg
E02R03.jpg [ 87.08 KiB | Viewed 62 times ]



Two beetles remain; one attacking Junius (FB #1) and the attacking Keebler (FB #3).


---

Apologies, onlyme! :(



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 10:29 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Mila's 'Shield' spell on Keebler (Dispelled: 29 Februarius @ 10:49)

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Last edited by dmw71 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junius lives!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Ignoring her own wounds, AdaRue tries to rush forward to aid Keebler. At the last moment, she worries she might hurt the delicate elf and chokes with the mace.

Mace [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4, dmg [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
If there isn't enough room for her to fight side-by-side, she'll use her sling again, and I'll let you roll that, Dave.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
Keebler:

Long sword (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 3, [1d8] = 8


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Seeing Keebler waffle his attack because of her, AdaRue blushes and mumbles a hurried apology.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Reaches into her belt and throws a dart ineffectively.

Dart. To hit [1d20] = 1 Damage [1d4] = 2

She looks to Rainey. "Get ready to run!" she then picks up her lantern in case they need to escape.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8045
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun's ears perk up at the mention of running. Still, he loads a sling and fires it at the nearest beetle.

Sling attack [1d20] = 11, damage [1d4] = 1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
The badly eaten, bloody dwarf attempts to finish off the monster, but to no use. He has lost too much blood to hold his strength.
Scimitar attack [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 ; damage [1d8+1] = 5+1 = 6

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dmw71 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group