It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
Oh dear! I forgot to include AdaRue's roll earlier. She had a stellar shield-bash.
Shield Bash! [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20

Any way to retroactively include that hit? (I still don't know the damage for a shield attack.)


AdaRue presses her attack, using both hands and her body weight to smite the goblin nearest her. To no avail.

Shield Bash! [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
would Mila be in range or able to throw a dart at one of the goblins from her position?

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Rusty Tincanne
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Oh dear! I forgot to include AdaRue's roll earlier. She had a stellar shield-bash.
Since an attack wasn't mentioned, I had AdaRue use her broom while getting out of harms way:
dmw71 wrote:

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Last edited by dmw71 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Added spoiler.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Bluehorse wrote:
would Mila be in range or able to throw a dart at one of the goblins from her position?
If she comes up to the entrance and throws over Tippin, sure.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Hastin tries to redeem himself...

Longsword [1d20] = 15 Damage [1d8] = 4

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Seeing what she hopes is an opportunity, Mila moves past the threshold and throws a dart at the Mace Wielding Goblin.

Throw Dart [1d20] = 17

Dart [1d4] = 1

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5834
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius attempts to recover his wits enough to strike in a focused manner for once.
Scimitar attack [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15 ; damage [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 6
Successful strikes from Tippin, Hastin, Mila, and Junius manage to eliminate the three remaining goblins before the small humanoids have an opportunity to deal any more harm to the party.

The threat now eliminated, the light sources are able to be spread around to illuminate the entire chamber. Their living area now in view, the group locates a total of six beds or bedrolls, a wooden table with six wooden chairs, a now empty weapons rack, and, in the smaller nock in the far northish corner, a small wooden chest painted all black.
Attachment:
End.jpg
End.jpg [ 215.07 KiB | Viewed 79 times ]


Also, on the bodies of their fallen adversaries bodies, the group also produces 59 gold, 27 silver, and 12 copper pieces; plus the goblin weapons and armor, which consist of six sets of leather armor, two shields, seven spears, two swords, one bow with 8 arrows, and one mace.


Mila is able to recover her dart, and Canun reports that he detects no sound coming from down the passage, so, for the moment, the group is able to rest in relative safety.




Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:42 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 (2 vs ranged) | HP: 6-5 = 1 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (15) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (14)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-6 = 4-3 = 1-2 = -1+5 = 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (16)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-4 = 3 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
Keebler takes the arrows and hands four to Tippin and two to Junius, keeping two for himself.

That should put Tippin and Junius at 18 arrows and Keebler at 17.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Zhym, onlyme
Zhym wrote:
That should put Tippin and Junius at 18 arrows and Keebler at 17.
Agree on the updated counts.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5834
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius only now lets out a quiet whimper. the pain he feels has only partially been soothed by the healing of his loyal friend.

I apologize for leading us into an ambush. I thought I could see what was coming a bit clearer than I did.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
Keebler nobly refrains from saying "I told you so." "It might be best to hole up and heal our wounds before moving on," suggests the almost-dead elf.

~~~~~~~

Tippin goes back and shuts the door to the room. "Did anyone bring spikes?" he asks. "I should have gotten spikes." If no one has spikes, he'll try to use one of the goblin spears to wedge the door closed.


Last edited by Zhym on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Hastin shakes his head, "That wasn't an ambush. Not like they was waiting for us for a long time. They just got to their weapons fast is all. Leaders lead, Junius. If we'd let them dig in, it would have been harder, I think."

He walks over to the chest and checks it for a lock. If there is one, he picks it up and carries it to the middle of the room, making sure the lock is pointing away from him and likewise not at anyone else.

He sets it down on the floor and examines it more closely.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue tends to Keebler's wounds, dressing them as well as she can with bandages and salves. Oh Keebler! I'm so sorry you were hit. Once he is resting comfortably, she looks about the room and immediately tut-tuts.

We can't stay in here with those dead things. They'll rot and cause a miasma. We should to take them out of here before we hole up again. Can't we drag them to the stairs? If anyone is willing to accompany her, she will drag the bodies away.

As characterful as a broom is, I think AdaRue will grab the goblin mace.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
As characterful as a broom is, I think AdaRue will grab the goblin mace.
From a meta standpoint, they both do the same damage....

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
The broom was "counts as quarterstaff," so isn't it a 2 handed weapon? With a mace, she can use her shield simultaneously.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
The broom was "counts as quarterstaff," so isn't it a 2 handed weapon? With a mace, she can use her shield simultaneously.
Ahh, I wasn't factoring in that detail.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
The broom was "counts as quarterstaff," so isn't it a 2 handed weapon? With a mace, she can use her shield simultaneously.


Heh. When I was little, I stayed with my grandma for several weeks each summer. One time we had a mouse in the living room. She chased it with a broom and would swat it periodically. But all it did was stun the mouse for a moment. By the time I got over to it with the dust pan and hand broom, it would come to and take off again. This continued for a good 10 minutes before I finally got it and tossed it outside.

If we were in Marullus's game, i'd suggest your next power level for the broom be that it stuns rodents (giant, even) for 1d4 rounds in addition to doing damage.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Next update will be tomorrow.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Rainey will enter the room now that the danger is past, and help look around for either extra valuables, or the key. Anything under the table, this time...? Anything in or under the beds/bedrolls?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group