It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
a lull in the RL festivities...

Junius's translation promos AdaRue to set the lantern down and ready her sling. Again with the armor...
Sling [1d20] = 1, dmg [1d4] = 2 ugh.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:01 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
Hastin follows the dwarf with a javelin throw...

Javelin [1d20] = 17 Damage [1d6] = 2

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
When the door opens, Rainey will try to toss the beetle gland into the room, so people can see things.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Cavern
Junius and Hastin rush forward. Junius learns that the door opens away from the room, so the pulls it towards him and barges inside, stepping to his left to make room for Hastin behind him. The two, with their metal armor, make it just inside the door and ready to loose their ranged weapons... but no targets present themselves! AdaRue, trailing closely behind, sheds some light into the room, but it is large enough that the source of the goblin voices must still fall beyond the range of illumination.

To his left, Junius spies a pair of grungy beds, and a bedroll. In the center of the chamber, a dying fire sputters in a fire pit. At the very edge of the glow from the camp fire, on the far side of the area in view, appears to be the back of a chair. The area to the right, at the bottom of the chamber, appears unoccupied.
Attachment:
Chamber.png
Chamber.png [ 648.88 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]


Rainey readies the fire beetle gland, and prepares to toss it into the room, but is stuck in her place in the order still in the hallway.

Some shuffling sounds are heard deeper in the cavern as the goblin-speaking occupants scurry about.


Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:32 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (19) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
"Forward!" Hastin tells Afarue and Junius as he moves towards the goblin sounds.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius does almost as by reflex. He holds his arrow tight, but not pulled back. If he sees a goblin, he'll fire.
Shortbow [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10; [1d6] = 4

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun waits cautiously. He suspects an ambush, and it would be a shame if the goblins made their way towards him. He sees AdaRue readying her beetle gland, and waits. His light spell is on the tip of his tongue, and his sweaty, clammy hands grasp his holy symbol.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Still waiting on actions from those carrying light sources. I will update again later this afternoon, and will NPC if necessary.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"I am liking this less and less," says Keebler. "We are chasing our enemies into a position where they can take advantage of fortified defenses and take shots at us with arrows."

"We should withdraw and regroup lest we be slaughtered," counsels the elf.

Still, he keeps his bow ready.

~~~~

Tippin, meanwhile, tries to stay close to the tunnel wall for cover should arrows start flying.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Will move up as she is able, carrying the lantern up to the door, but not entering the room. She will hold the light up so that it shines into the other room but try to stay behind cover of the threshold.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue is caught up in the flow of the front-most adventurers. She slips into the room, moving to the left as she does so. She does her best to keep her body behind her shield as she enters what is likely an ambush. All the while she chants a prayer to The Mother to protect herself and her friends from the attacks of these goblins.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 1
Before the group has a chance to react, two spears -- one targeting Junius, the other Hastin -- zip harmlessly past their intended targets and shatter against the solid stone walls of the chamber. Junius, however, does not escape unharmed as he feels an arrow, fired from an out-of-view archer, sink into his shoulder (-6) after the projectile finds a vulnerability in the dwarf's new set of armor.

"Forward!" Hastin tells AdaRue and Junius as he moves towards the goblin sounds. Those singled out advance, but only cautiously, with the pair ending up just beyond the entrance and allowing others the ability to pass. None do. Keebler, Tippin, Mila all hug the wall near the entrance, and Rainey finds an opening and rolls the fire beetle gland into the room to provide some extra illumination.
Attachment:
R01.jpg
R01.jpg [ 148.65 KiB | Viewed 87 times ]


After the initial movement, Hastin finds himself within 15-feet of a mace-wielding goblin and hurls the javelin he had been carrying at the imminent threat but his tipped stick sails harmlessly over the head of his tiny opponent. Junius, still reeling from his wound, manages to loose an arrow of his own but his aim is not true.



Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:33 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (19) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-6 = 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (17)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
Hastin draws his sword and engages the goblin wielding the mace.

"For the Vale!" he shouts as he swings...

Longsword [1d20] = 4 Damage [1d8] = 5

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun is not able to engage the goblins from where he stands - and that's just fine by him. But he worries about the enemies lurking in the darkness.

He chants

Gratia dei per Hubbard, fiat lux!

He will aim the light at the eyes of the goblin near the edge of the umbra. If, at the time of casting, the goblin is dead or has retreated, he will cast the spell at the ground 10' behind the edge of the shadow to the east.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
Taking what cover they can by the entrance to the cavern, Keebler and Tippin fire arrows at any enemy they can see.

Keebler: Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 9, [1d8] = 6
Tippin: Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, [1d6] = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
If she can move and fire, AdaRue will set down the lantern once inside the door and sling a stone.

Sling [1d20] = 14, dmg [1d4] = 3


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Waiting to give onlyme a chance to update for Junius.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Having thrown the light, Rainey presses against the wall, hoping the battle goes our way.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Sorry, on vacation and not checking in like I suspected to. He will use sword.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 2
The goblins react quickly, and the first spear-goblin hurls its pointed stick at Keebler, striking the elf square in his chest (-5), bringing the elf to within inches of his life! The second spear-goblin lowers the tip of its weapon and rushes at Junius, sticking the already wounded dwarf with an almost fatal blow (-3)! The goblin archer targets AdaRue and sends an arrow whizzing just past cleric, very narrowly missing as the cleric ducks to set down the lantern she had been carrying.

"For the Vale!" Hastin shouts as he draws his sword and rushes at the goblin with the mace... and is caught off-guard when a sword-wielding goblin joins the fray! The fighting man is able to deflect the mace and sword attacks targeting him, but his own attack is unsuccessful.

Junius, fighting to remain conscious, quickly draws his sword and flails wildly at the spear-goblin challenging him.

Having set her lantern down, AdaRue twirls a stone and slings it at the spear-goblin currently not engaged with Junius or Hastin. Her aim is off. Keebler and Tippin send a volley of arrows flying, but are unable to connect with their intended targets.

Canun steps forward just far enough to get a view of the fracas. He spies a goblin reaching for another spear and, praying to Hubbard, utters a quick prayer and casts Light into the creatures eyes. The success of the casting is confirmed as the goblin lets out a pained scream and spins to face the opposite direction, covering its eyes.

Rainey and Mila remain in relative safety in the passage.
Attachment:
R02.jpg
R02.jpg [ 160.1 KiB | Viewed 61 times ]


The goblin archer, and a second sword-wielding goblin come into view deeper into the chamber.



Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:34 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Canun's Light Spell: 120 Rounds

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6-5 = 1 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (18) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (17)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-6 = 4-3 = 1 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (17)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group