It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
End of Conflict
The conflict over, the group members go about the individual tasks they believe most important. Keebler distributes the leftover goblin arrows amongst the party's archers, leaving himself with 17 total, while Tippin and Junius end up with 18 arrows each. The dwarf apologizes for leading the group into an ambush while finding himself stinging from his wounds now that his adrenaline from the battle begins to wane. After distributing the arrows, the more severely wounded Keebler nobly refrains from saying 'I told you so,' and suggests that the group hole up before moving on. Tippin, after stowing his new arrows, shuts the door to the room and, when no one offers up any iron spikes from their personal possessions, does his best to wedge the door shut with one of the goblin spears. But first, AdaRue convinces the group to drag the goblin bodies from the chamber and back into the hallway they just entered from, near the stairs. Once the room has been cleared of corpses, the cleric returns and dresses Keebler's wounds with bandages and salves. She then sizes up the goblin mace and, finding it a suitable, single-handed weapon to use alongside her shield, the claims it.

The newcomer, Hastin, shakes his head at the dwarves apology. "That wasn't an ambush," he starts. "They just got to their weapons fast is all."

"Leaders lead, Junius. If we'd let them dig in, it would have been harder, I think."


Having said his piece on the subject, the fighting man walks over to the chest and checks it for a lock which doesn't exist. To be safe, he lifts the chest, which does not feel overly heavy, and carries it to the middle of the room. Then, positioning it so it will open away from everyone else, he reaches over the top of the chest and slowly opens its away from himself and his new companions. His excitement quickly trends to disappointment when it is revealed the chest had been used as a storage locker for the filthy goblins, and is stuffed with worn and unkept, small humanoid attire just packed into it haphazardly.

The room now safe, Rainey enters and begins looking around for extra valuables. Remembering the table in boss room from before, he scans the underside of this one, and the chairs, and finds nothing unusual. Aside from causing some common centipedes, roaches, and various other creepy crawlers to scatter, nothing else is found when the nasty beds and bedrolls are disrupted during inspections.
Attachment:
Enclosed.png
Enclosed.png [ 955.42 KiB | Viewed 83 times ]


Aside from the weapons, armor, and coins collected from the possessions of the fallen goblin bodies, no other valuables appear to be present in the chamber the group now finds themselves barred into... where only a faint bit of light escapes beyond the spiked speared door.



So... what is the group thinking of doing at this point?


Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 14:04 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6-5 = 1 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-6 = 4-3 = 1-2 = -1+5 = 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-4 = 3 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius says they should look to move out. if they get themselves trapped in here, they may face an entire army when attempting to leave.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey agrees. "No point camping in a dangerous place when a safe place is so close..."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"This excursion has been brief and unprofitable, but I concur," says Keebler. "It is better to rest away from our enemies."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
Before giving up on the chest, Hastin checks to make sure the depth of it matches the outside of the box and that there isn't a false bottom in it.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"But we may encounter foes in a weakened state" protests Canun. "If we rest here, we replenish our reserves of magical power. We have little left. Look at poor Keebler. Weak even for an elf. He needs healing. The state he's in, a mule bite could kill him."

The pudgy cleric pulls two flasks of oil from his pack.

"I have an idea. We pour this oil in a large pool, inside and outside the door. If anyone unwelcome comes knocking, we light it ablaze. Burn them to a crisp! Then in the morning, we heal our clumsy comrades and we can be on our way."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
I was ready to update, but now there's a new proposal on the table.

Is the plan to leave or to stay?

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
When have we ever paid attention to what the cranky cleric has to say? :p


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Hoof it :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
though i appreciate cannons idea, i vote we make a run for it.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
Hastin still checks the depth of the chest, looking for secret compartments.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Returning to Roganter
Canun makes a compelling argument to hole up in their current location, but is the lone vote in favor of that course of action. The rest of the group agrees that there's no point in camping in a monster-infected area when there's a known, safe place so nearby. The potential of getting trapped in their current location by, as Junius cautioned, an "entire army" was enough to swing the vote.

Before giving up on the chest, Hastin checks to make sure the depth of it matches the outside of the box, and is disappointed when his clever idea fails to produce a false bottom. Stupid, treasureless goblins.


Before allowing too much time to pass, and potential monsters to discover and assemble outside the door to the chamber they're momentarily resting in, the group gathers their possessions and makes for the exit... which is a mere 50-feet or so away. They pass by the dead goblin bodies they previously hauled into the passageway near the foot of the stairs and make the climb to the surface.

And safely return to town.

---


Okay, please let me know if, before you leave, you wish to do anything with the goblin bodies. The plans for town include rest, obviously. Please let me know in the Extended Visit thread:
  • If you want to stay in the same inn or consider other options,
  • How many nights you'll be staying,
  • Any other plans you have for your stay.

Also, AleBelly, we completely forgot about Nelly. Unless you want to continue to board her, help me remember that she needs to be picked up before you leave for your next trip.


Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 14:27 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6-5 = 1 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-6 = 4-3 = 1-2 = -1+5 = 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-4 = 3 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Alethan wrote:
Hastin still checks the depth of the chest, looking for secret compartments.
I really liked this idea, and almost put something there even though there wasn't, but didn't want to give the goblins more credit than they deserved.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Sorry for not responding sooner. AdaRue would have lugged the chest back, hoping to sell it.

Before heading out, did we want to go back to the other room and see if the rest of our other treasure was still available? AdaRue would have helped with that. We still have Hastin, AdaRue,
Canun and Tippin for fighting...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
We managed to get back to town without incident. Let's not push our luck by trying to do other stuff first.

I'm in favor of making this as quick of a trip to town as possible: sleep, heal, and get back to the goblin hole in as few days (in-game and real-world) as possible.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5838
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius is grateful to be back where he can rest. Though he didnt find additional funds to help pay for healing or comfort, he feels safe that a night or two will have him ready to go.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
I'm reading a few suggestions, but no concrete plans.

Please use the OOC thread to coordinate your plans, then post an update with the group direction back here in the action thread.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group