It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 7: Return to the Tree Cave
The group exits Ronganter to the east and retrace their former progress back to the tree cave.
Attachment:
Cave Entrance.jpg
Cave Entrance.jpg [ 520.94 KiB | Viewed 234 times ]


Their entrance, however, is at least temporarily impeded as a huddled group of a half dozen or so goblin-like creatures are congregating at the opening. The group appears to be debating something, and, amazingly, with all the metal armor the group is wearing, does not detect your arrival.


Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:11 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12908
Location: Midwest
Hastin

"Now this is what I signed on for..." Hastin mutters, hand on his longsword. But unsure how the group typically responds to such threats, he holds on any charging or screaming or sword drawing until someone else does. Or until one of the mystics in the group does something.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius does as any normal dwarf would do when spying goblins. He hastily fires one of his arrows from his goblin infused shortbow.
It is catastrophically obvious that his new armor interferes with his firing ability. He realizes too late, he should have practiced while in town.

Shortbow [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2; [1d6] = 4

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12908
Location: Midwest
Taking a nod from the dwarf, Hastin pulls a javelin from his shoulder pouch and throws it at the mass of goblins...

Javelin [1d20] = 15 Damage [1d6] = 4

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2842
Rainey

Rainey will stay back, but look around for any sign of other goblins in the area. Are these guys down in the "hole" in front of the cave, or are they in front of that depression? Is the rope still dangling down from the tree?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14228
Tippin draws his bow and waits for a hostile move...which comes from Junius.

Short bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, [1d6] = 2

Definitely the new armor. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keebler, seeing Junius and Tippin struggling in their new armor, shakes his head and says some words to put the goblinoids to sleep.

Sleep: [2d8] = 9


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
Emboldened by her new armor, Miss AdaRue Hanspitcher launches a stone from her sling. Badly. This new armor limits my arm movements.

Sling [1d20] = 1, dmg [1d4] = 3
No Way! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Holds her staff before her defensively, hanging back from the front line.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12908
Location: Midwest
Hastin watches two bow strings and a sling strap snap on the first round of attacks and wonders what he has signed up for...

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun loads his sling and snaps a stone at one of the gobbos.

Sling attack [1d20] = 3, damage [1d4] = 4


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 7: Return to the Tree Cave
The newcomer, Hastin, sinks his javelin into the back of one of the debating goblins, but Keebler simply shakes his head after watching one ranged attack after another -- by all of those fit in new armor -- fail miserably, with the arrow shot by Junius sailing into the cave opening itself.

The elf says some words and puts the goblinoids to sleep.

A moment later, from deeper within the cave opening, a rough goblin voice is heard: "Maan, dar ar ac daagaan." Junius and Keebler both confirm the translation: "Hey, watch it up there."



Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:12 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (19)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (19)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12908
Location: Midwest
Hastin draws his sword, finishes off the sleeping goblins, and retrieves his javelin if possible. Then he checks the dead for valuables, not knowing the language and expecting those who do to handle the talking.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:20 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5850
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius whispers,
There are more down there. And they are most likely ready to defend after seeing all the death from days ago. Let's be quick about our attack before they have time to react.

With that, he holds his arrow in his bow, and leads the way toward the entrance.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14228
Keebler nods and follows Junius, bow at the ready.

Tippin wonders if he should light something to see with. "Maybe the dark-seers should go first," he says to himself.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
We're at a disadvantage in the cave where so many of us can't see. Can we draw them out into an ambush?
Maybe a few of us by the cave entrance to cut off their escape?
She compliments Keebler on his spell craft.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2842
Rainey shakes his head. "I don't think we want to face the whole tribe at once. Let's get in and out quick, before they can get lots of reinforcements."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue searches the bodies for more glue bombs. Are there any goblins in red cloaks? (I think that is what they were wearing last time...)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11057
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 7: Return to the Tree Cave
Hastin draws his sword, finishes off the sleeping goblins, pulling his javelin free from the back of the one he struck down. After wiping clear the goblin blood, he begins to checks the dead for valuables, and is joined by AdaRue. The goblins do not don the red cloak, and do not possess any more glue bombs, but the pair are able to recover 36 gold, 19 silver, and 11 copper pieces. Plus the goblin weapons and armor, which consist of six sets of leather armor, two shields, four spears, two axes, and three short goblin blades.


"There are more down there," Junius states, readying his bow and making his way towards the entrance. "Let's be quick about our attack before they have time to react," he adds, before quickly being joined by Keebler.

"Maybe the dark-seers should go first," Tippin suggests quietly. AdaRue cautions of a possible ambush after she overhears the halfling. "I don't think we want to face the whole tribe at once," Rainey adds. "Let's get in and out quick, before they can get lots of reinforcements."


Junius and Keebler, up front, do not hear any more goblin calls to the surface, and just normal shuffling around down below. The dwarf, relying upon his infravision, peers down the flight of stairs beyond the opening and spies two goblin-sized heat signatures moving slowly about, as if searching for something.



Actions?


---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:16 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (19)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (19)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12908
Location: Midwest
Hastin grabs a goblin shield, which is better than the no shield he currently has.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3680
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue instinctively starts dragging goblin corpses into the brush on one side of the cave entrance, then piling the weapons neatly on the other side. She asks Mila to grab the coins. When she is done, she adjusts her armor to straighten it out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group