V. Roganter - Extended Visits

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: V. Roganter - Extended Visits

#21 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue blushes as the man takes off his armor. Sure he is in a shirt, still, but it is still like undressing. She focuses on the owner and is fitted for banded armor. She hefts a mace, but is embarrassed to do so publicly. Her broom suits her well enough, she supposes.

When there is a moment, she mentions to the man that she and her friends just had a run-in with some goblins. They want to go back after more. I was thinking of staying in town and finding work,
but I want to make sure they all stay safe.
She invites the man to the inn to neet the rest of the party over dinner that evening.

She leaves the shop and heads to the herb store. She purchases a few herbs for poultices, and teas, then asks if they have any knowledge of the smelly pouches found on the goblins - one with (presumably) sticky stuff, and another that just smells awful. We found another sticky one before and it exploded on us. We almost died when a wolf attacked us! But they see useful if you could make some for us.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by Alethan »

Hastin nods, "Sure. Thanks for the offer. Got one or two more things to finish up here, but I'll see you there when I'm done."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Bluehorse »

Mila

Mulls over the notices a bit as she goes to pick up her new clothes at Vernah's. She walks in and looks about. "Hello?"

ooc: PM if you want to keep the thread incluttered. Here is my post for later after she is done getting her purchases.

She will find the people who have posted the odd jobs in town. She will inquire first about the stolen ring for any additional information, then the moon berries, and then the Goblin ears.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

Day 4: About Town
AdaRue places an order, and is fitted for a new suit of banded armor. She also makes a new acquaintance -- Hastin. The fighting man says he has some errands to run in town, but agreed to meet up with the group at the White Deer Inn afterwards.

Elsewhere in town, Mila returns to Vernah's to pick up her clothing order; some fine garments with purple accents. After, she studies the notices she found previously at the The Rusty Dragon. Her first stop is to the General Store, where she visits with Ven Vinder, the owner. Ven shares that his wife's wedding ring is missing, and possibly stolen. He describes the ring in detail -- a gold band with four small pearls surrounding a kyanite center stone.
kyanite.jpg
kyanite.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 690 times
He seems to start to accuse someone, but stops, and refuses to continue after receiving a stern look from his youngest daughter, Katrine. He has no further information to provide as to its whereabouts... and quickly changes the subject to the moon berries. Solsta, his wife (with the missing ring), makes and sells the well known moon berry pie in their store, and her supply of the main ingredient is running low. Trips to retrieve them are becoming more dangerous because the gnomes, which populate the Sanos Forest, far to the east, are becoming more defensive of their community.

After departing the General Store, Mila pays a visit to the stables, where Canun's Nelly is being kept. She meets Daviren, who proudly shows off his collection of goblin ears; preserved and nailed to the rafters of his covered barn. "These would be for me pigs," he says. "They're a pest," he adds, and says it shouldn't take much effort to encounter (or defeat) some goblins. He is always happy to reward those that are able to provide him with some of their ears -- a simple transaction.

----

Anything else in town? If not, are we ready to fast-forward a few days when the armor orders will be complete?

Actions?

---
Possessions Left Behind ---
Date: 23 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:11 (Sunrise: 06:29, Sunset: 18:13)
Temp: 58F (63F topside)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    • Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Charm Person)
The Lost or Fallen
  • Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
    • Keebler
    5-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun
    10-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun
Rolls
  • None.
Last edited by dmw71 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added spoiler around image of ring.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Bluehorse »

Mila
dmw71 wrote:Day 4: About Town
Elsewhere in town, Mila returns to Vernah's to pick up her clothing order; some fine garments with purple accents. After, she studies the notices she found previously at the The Rusty Dragon. Her first stop is to the General Store, where she visits with Ven Vinder, the owner. Ven shares that his wife's wedding ring is missing, and possibly stolen. He describes the ring in detail -- a gold band with four small pearls surrounding a kyanite center stone.
kyanite.jpg

He seems to start to accuse someone, but stops, and refuses to continue after receiving a stern look from his youngest daughter, Katrine. He has no further information to provide as to its whereabouts... and quickly changes the subject to the moon berries. Solsta, his wife (with the missing ring), makes and sells the well known moon berry pie in their store, and her supply of the main ingredient is running low. Trips to retrieve them are becoming more dangerous because the gnomes, which populate the Sanos Forest, far to the east, are becoming more defensive of their community.

After departing the General Store, Mila pays a visit to the stables, where Canun's Nelly is being kept. She meets Daviren, who proudly shows off his collection of goblin ears; preserved and nailed to the rafters of his covered barn. "These would be for me pigs," he says. "They're a pest," he adds, and says it shouldn't take much effort to encounter (or defeat) some goblins. He is always happy to reward those that are able to provide him with some of their ears -- a simple transaction.
Mila will thank each person shyly and head back to the rest of the group to relay what she has learned. "I'd really like to spend some time here helping people. I'm really wanting to help find that ring and maybe get some of the berries while we are at it.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#26 Post by onlyme »

If the armor is ready, then pretty much yes.
Junius will finish paying for the armor and walk around making sure it works as advertised. He thinks about asking someone to run a sword into him to test its strength, but remembers a recent failed stunt before they were shunned from their home town.

Junius has already paid for armor. Needs to deduct for food/shelter and will make a bank deposit with what is left.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by dmw71 »

Day 4: Finishing Errands
AdaRue brings the pouch she suspects is the glue bomb to The Pillbug's Pantry where carefully examines it. "It is unlike anything I've ever seen," he admits, and is unable to provide much assistance. Next, she brings it to Nisk Tander who runs the Bottled Solutions. "Very interesting, Nisk exclaims. "I must study this. You can leave this with me, no? Or, I can buy it from you?" he says, offering AdaRue 100 gold for it.

Mila shares what she learned about the wanted notices. "I'd really like to spend some time here helping people," she says, but understands that adventuring is the way to gain wealth and experience. "But I am definitely going to keep my eyes out for the missing ring, and some of the berries."

Day 7: Final Preparations
AdaRue, Junius, Keebler, and Tippin all return to Savah's Armory on the fourth morning of their time spent in town to pick up their new suits of armor. Savah has several assistants on hand to help the four of them don their new suits of banded mail. After her craftsmanship is proven to be exceptional, she collects the remaining 50% of the balance.

The group, now fully armed, and with Hastin, the fighting man, in tow, the group exits Roganter in search of even more fame and fortune.

---
Possessions Left Behind ---
Date: 26 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:11 (Sunrise: 06:28, Sunset: 18:18)
Temp: 64F (69F topside)
Conditions:
  • Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • None
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    • Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Charm Person)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
The Lost or Fallen
  • Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
    • Keebler
    5-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun
    10-foot:
    • Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun
Rolls
  • None.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by dmw71 »

-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by onlyme »

After finishing his business with the armor, Junius paid his bill at the inn and went to the money changer.
There he deposited 75 gp worth of coins (67gp/80sp) and paid the fee for his promissory note.
He could feel the weight of the new armor, but he was ready to go clear more goblins and make his fortune.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by drpete »

Before heading out, Rainey gives most of his money over to the bank (79 gp/810 sp) and pays the 5% fee (80 sp) to get a promisory note for 160 gp.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue offers to leave the pouch with the man in exchange for 2 upon her return and a lesson on how to prepare more. She offers healing services while in town (now and the next visit) to sweeten the deal.

She also deposits all her money except 5 silver coins.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by dmw71 »

Nisk volunteers that there's no guarantee he'll be able to reproduce the glue bomb, but hopes his offer of 100 gold will still be enough for AdaRue to surrender the one she does have to him.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

To be clear, AdaRue is willing to leave it without monetary compensation on the off chance she might get 2 for free, later. She knows there is no guarantee.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by dmw71 »

Before leaving town on their second trip, AdaRue pays a trip to the Cathedral and is greeted by Nilos Genser, a local priest. She inquires about the availability of any healing potions. "I believe I do have what you speak of, but my inventory is very low. Here, let us check." he says, leading her into his office. Withdrawing a small wooden box from beneath his desk, he opens it up and, searching its contents, smiles and nods. Pulling out a small vial of a clear liquid and swirling it around. "My last one," he proclaims."There's really very little need for these in town, as normal rest is enough for most ailments, and those in more serious need can always come here for direct aid... but, in terms of something portable, this is it."

"This one here will go for three hundred gold."

---

We can play this out at the same time as the action in the current thread.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hey all. I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but RL has gotten in the way. AdaRue has 102 gp to put toward this healing potion. Does anyone else want to chip in?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

nudge, nudge... Anyone want to help buy a healing potion?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zhym »

I'm guessing the statute of limitations on the potion has expired by now. ;)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by AleBelly »

Don't giving Canun any ideas, now. What would a CLW spell fetch him if a potion could be had for 300 gold?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:I'm guessing the statute of limitations on the potion has expired by now.
I would probably still allow this to happen... but, given the health of a few characters already, and the amount of spells already cast, I can see another trip back to town before too long.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Zhym »

dmw71 wrote:
Zhym wrote:I'm guessing the statute of limitations on the potion has expired by now.
I would probably still allow this to happen... but, given the health of a few characters already, and the amount of spells already cast, I can see another trip back to town before too long.
300 gp is rather a lot. Heading back to town would be cheaper.

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”