It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:58 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
AleBelly wrote:
Don't giving Canun any ideas, now. What would a CLW spell fetch him if a potion could be had for 300 gold?
A fair bit, I'm sure. But, as was explained to AdaRue when she investigated healing options, there really isn't a need in town:
dmw71 wrote:
Pulling out a small vial of a clear liquid and swirling it around. "My last one," he proclaims."There's really very little need for these in town, as normal rest is enough for most ailments, and those in more serious need can always come here for direct aid... but, in terms of something portable, this is it."

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:34 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
R&R
After a hearty breakfast, on a hot and humid day with a light rain three days after they returned, everyone is fully rested and healed. Those who use magic have memorized their daily spells, and the fighting men have their weapons cleaned and armor adjusted.

The group now needs to decide where it wants to go.

---


Notes:
  • I have awarded 200xp for all monsters/treasure during the second trip (see: Experience Points).
  • The unlinked spells listed below will be the daily spells unless I hear otherwise, before the first encounter.


Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 07:54 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)

The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
Ooh! AdaRue and Canun are getting pretty close to Level 2! :) Another medium jaunt to wherever, and that will double our effective healing capabilities.

AdaRue will follow the group wherever. Her spell will be Light.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun, in town, looks after Nelly and posts a notice looking for two good men or women to tend to her while they go back into the tree dungeon.

2g 5s deducted, and two days' rations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:41 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12905
Location: Midwest
Over a meal, Hastin asks, "So... we headed back? Or on to something new?"

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
Tippin votes for heading back to the cave immediately. Keebler shrugs and waits for the party to make a decision.

7gp, 7 sp added per this, -5 sp each for the stay in town, -2 days rations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Shakes her head at the mention of the cave. "I'm not going back there! I think we have tempted our fate enough there lately.
Why not see if we can get some work here for a bit. There is the wedding ring we could find. That would be a nice share of money for all of us to split. The same man, or at least his wife, if offering money for moonberries that we can gather for her. That is simple enough work."


Dave: I mentioned in post a couple time about gathering the goblin ears for the other quest, but never got an answer for how many Mila was able to collect if any. If she has any for that, I would like to head to the stable and cash those in as well.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Bluehorse
Bluehorse wrote:
Dave: I mentioned in post a couple time about gathering the goblin ears for the other quest, but never got an answer for how many Mila was able to collect if any. If she has any for that, I would like to head to the stable and cash those in as well.
The group has managed to defeat 26 total goblins between the first two trips into the dungeon.

Selling them all would result in 1 gold and 1 silver.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Departure?
Everyone returns to their rooms after breaking fast to arm and equip themselves for their next adventure. After an hour, the group meets out front of the inn they've been recuperating in. After a brief discussion, everyone seems intent on returning to the tree cave dungeon... until Mila voices a strong, opposition opinion. "I'm not going back there!" she insists. "I think we have tempted our fate enough there lately, don't you?"

Before a full on debate can begin about the next course of action, an aged human male wearing a tunic and carrying a small iron chest under his arm passes through the middle of the group. "Follow me..." he says hurriedly; not bothering to look at anyone much less stop, as he completes his pass through the core of the group and heads back into The White Deer, the inn the group had just left moments earlier.


---


Actions?

Also, while you're obviously welcome to do or say whatever your character would, please strongly consider not throwing out a dissenting opinion at the last minute. Even if it is to throw out another perfectly valid option, it will still cause delays as the players will be forced to debate.



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:02 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)

The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
AleBelly wrote:
Canun, in town, looks after Nelly and posts a notice looking for two good men or women to tend to her while they go back into the tree dungeon.
Canun is able to find a farmer and his two sons willing to house Nelly for 5sp per day.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12905
Location: Midwest
Hastin shrugs and follows the man with the chest back into the inn...

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2839
Rainey takes a quick look around to see if they are being watched by anyone suspicious before turning and following the man back into the inn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:25 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue looks uncertainly between her friend, Mila, and the old man. She shrugs and suggests they follow him with the others. She follows him whether Mila goes or not, offering an apology if Mila does not follow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Her eyes widen as she realizes they are leaving without her and hurries along after AdaRue, almost tripping on the hem of her dress in the process. She might be scared of returning to the cave, but she is even more terrified of being left alone, town or not. She is simply too dependent on her companions now. She looks over her shoulder as they follow the man, worried someone might be following or notice them all moving after him.

Do I need to roll perception or anything?

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun thanks the farmer for his offer, and he will accept. He hopes to offer some of his services in the future in exchange for conversions...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:10 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Old Man
"Follow me..." the man says unexpectedly, leaving the group momentarily stunned silence. Since there was some indecision as to he next course of action anyway, Hastin shrugs and follows the strange man back into the inn. Before turning and following Hastin after the intrusive stranger, the two magic users survey the area suspiciously to see if they are being watched by anyone; Rainy does not detect anything out of the ordinary, but, while she can't say fur certain why, Mila does get the sense that something is amiss. AdaRue is glad Mila is remaining with the group and happily follows behind the others, as does the rest of the party. If nothing else, it will be a temporary escape from the drizzle falling outside.

Hastin enters the inn a few brief moments after the old man, and quickly identifies him occupying one of the dozen wooden stools set out along the long wooden bar. While the rest of the party files back into the establishment, the fighting man settles up along side the stranger. "We followed you," he says, taking an empty stool next to the stranger. "Now what?" . The old man, mumbling to himself, ignores Hastin and continues holding an incoherent conversation with himself. The bartender sets a foaming mug down in front of the old man and looks at Hastin, and the rest of armored group filing in behind him, with a cautious eye. "You a'right, Winston?" he asks the old man, wiping the top of the bar with a towel he had draped behind his neck and across his shoulders. "Can I help you all wit' somethin'? Why you botherin' poor Winston here?" he asks.


---

Sorry for the delay guys. My boss took off Monday through Wednesday so he could head south the view the eclipse, and I'm his backup so the work has really been piled on. Plus the settling into the new house, and start of the new school year, etc....



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:04 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)

The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:19 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
As coyly as she can, AdaRue answers. Oh please, Mr. Bartender, we were standing outside when this man walked through and asked us to follow him. So here we are. She turns to the man. Mr. Winston? Was there something you wanted to tell or ask us?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila looks up at the barkeep with wide eyes. She tries to order something to drink, figuring coin will ease his suspicion, but the proverbial cat has her cowardly tongue.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:30 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Okay, let's get moving again. We're going to forget about this in-town distraction and return to the dungeon.

---



Winston
"Oh please, Mr. Bartender, we were standing outside when this man walked through and asked us to follow him. So here we are." AdaRue says, turning to the old man. "Mr. Winston, was there something you wanted to tell or ask us?" The bartender chuckles. "He was probably just talking to his imaginary friend.

I'm afriad Winston can't help you."
Sensing the confusion and disappointment on the faces of the group, the bartender offers them all a complementary drink.

The rain fades as the group enjoys their drinks.



Moving here: VIII. Tree Cave - Third Visit.



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:31 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)

The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Hastin
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius & Hastin
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:42 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Another Return
Keebler, assisted by AdaRue, effort to return Tippin and Hastin to the surface. There, they spend a few hours digging proper resting places, performing any burial rites, and exchanging final words. Afterwards, the group secures their possessions and begin the hour-plus long trip back to town through the Balim forest. A trip spent mostly in silence.


As soon as the familiar northern gate of Roganter comes within sight, Keebler sighs and speaks. "I don't want to die in that hole," he announces. "Actually, I don't want to die at all," he allows, "but delving into that hole greatly increases the odds of that happening in the near future—to me or to someone I care about. So I'm going to go try to find some way to feed myself that doesn't involve an unreasonable risk of being eaten by a giant bug." Reaching the gate, now with several trips to their credit, the guards on duty recognize everyone and allow passage without incident. Everyone returns to White Deer Inn to secure their rooms or, in the case of Keebler, collect their belongings; take any desired baths; then meet up for a farewell meal.

Approximately an hour before sunset, after everyone has had ample opportunity to freshen up, the group finds themselves seated around a familiar table, feasting upon a hearty meal and sharing only positive memories.


Through the front door of the inn, the loud sound of an approaching horse interrupts any discussions taking place at the time. The gallop heard slows to a trot, then to a walk, before finally stopping just outside. All eyes from the inn are fixed on the front door as the clinking of chains and a set of boots is heard solidly making their way to the entrance.

The front door is thrown open, and through it emerges an elderly, heavyset rider, dressed in a uniform identifying him as being a warden of Brighton, a walled town about a days journey to the west. The rider, with long, wavy gray hair and green eyes scans the room quickly, sizing everyone up. Keebler quickly shares that, from his studies, these wardens are well-known for their skill and bravery. The rider hones in like a hunter on your table and approaches, wheezing slightly as he attempts to capture his breath. He stares at each of you individually with piercing green eyes and, unsure which is the leader of the group, addresses no one in particular:

"I am Borin Duststone, veteran warden of Brighton," he says proudly, taking a deep breath. "I have pressing news from Mayor Thatcher himself." Another deep breath. "I have deemed you --" Deep breath. "-- as being most worthy to receive it." Borin reaches into a pouch dangling from his belt and produces a rolled piece of parchment. He clears a section of your table and unrolls the parchment for all of you to view, which consists of a series of unimpressive, hand-written scribbles. "You'll have to forgive Thatcher," he says between wheezes. "Like me, he is not in the best of health... but..." he says, attempting to increase the inflection in his voice which only causes him to lose his breath further. After a moment, he continues: "But, this note is a promise of fame and fortune."

"I have sworn to keep most details a secret, but can share with you that this involves a possible goblin uprising and..." This latest pause has less to do with Borin being out of breath, and more his being choked up. "...and, an unknown disease sweeping through Brighton."

Another brief pause to compose himself.

"Mayor Thatcher has dispatched me, and three other wardens, in opposite directions in hopes of recruiting worthy souls. Shall I continue my search, or will you ride with me to Brighton?

I need an answer now."






---

I am going to at least potentially shake things up a bit and offer the group something new to do besides simply returning to the tree cave. If the group elects to pursue this new course of action, Zhym, it will be your choice whether to continue to use Keebler, or roll with your new characters. drpete, I do allow players to control two characters, you're welcome to add one if you'd like.

Just as a reminder:
1) Rooms: 1gp / night
2) Meals: 5sp-5gp / day (err on the low side since you're only having one meal)
3) Baths: 5 silver

I have returned everyone to full strength (as you will begin your next course of action that way, regardless of the course of action you undertake), but Junius (6 of 10) and AdaRue (2 of 5) are each nursing slight wounds at the current time.

Likewise, all spell casters have cast their daily spells, but please indicate your memorized spells for the following day now.

Also, I will need to know who is carrying each of the four fire beetle glands. Please discuss and add to your character sheets.

Finally, especially if Keebler does depart, I think we're due to reexamine the various marching orders. Please discuss and come to an agreement in the OOC thread.



Actions?



---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 17:23 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
    Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)


The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    ---
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)


Marching Orders
    Scout:

      5-foot:
        Junius
        AdaRue
        Mila
        Rainey
        Canun

      10-foot:
        Junius
        AdaRue & Mila
        Rainey & Canun

      Rolls
        None.

    _________________
    .
    DM
    Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
    ---
    Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
    Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
    ---
    Player
    None


    Top
     Profile  
     
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
    Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

    All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: dmw71 and 2 guests


    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to:  
    Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group