OOC II

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

OOC II

#1 Post by dmw71 »

The first thread reached 25 pages, so I'm starting this new one.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#2 Post by Zhym »

I've updated Keebler's and Tippin's sheets for the armor upgrades listed above. I'll update encumbrance later, but I imagine both are moving a 6" now.

The profits from selling the chain, short bow, and thieves tools (which I haven't updated their sheets to reflect) are shared group resources. Would that help AdaRue get enough money for upgraded armor?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by AleBelly »

Sorry if I missed it, but I saw some discussion around xp. Has that been awarded? Just want to make sure I don't forget to update my sheet.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:Sorry if I missed it, but I saw some discussion around xp. Has that been awarded? Just want to make sure I don't forget to update my sheet.
Actually, no, you didn't miss it... and thanks for the reminder. I'm probably going to create a more formal process to track this (maybe a Google Sheet?), but, for now, here are the totals:

Total XP: 1,147
Survivors: 7
XP Per Survivor: 164

Not a ton, for what seemed like a lot of activity. Here is proof why treasure is so important!
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

Can we assume that Tippin is able to find a buyer for the thieves tools, or do we need to RP that out?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I'm probably going to create a more formal process to track this...
New 'Experience Points' thread created.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

About those thieves tools...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:About those thieves tools...
I just introduced the taverns last post... where Tippin talked about trying to find out how/where to sell them.

Where does Tippin want to start?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

So the answer to this:
Zhym wrote:Can we assume that Tippin is able to find a buyer for the thieves tools, or do we need to RP that out?
Is that we have to RP it out?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:So the answer to this:
Zhym wrote:Can we assume that Tippin is able to find a buyer for the thieves tools, or do we need to RP that out?
Is that we have to RP it out?
I may have missed that one? Whatever, he sells it for 15 gold.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Zhym »

Thanks. I wouldn't mind RP'ing Tippin walking into the roughest bar in town and calling out, "HI, WHO WANTS TO BUY THIEVES TOOLS?" but (a) that might be a campaign-derailing event (for Tippin, anyway), and (b) I'm a bit swamped at the moment and could use the temporary downtime.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm confused about Junius's need for coin. Per this post (viewtopic.php?f=357&t=6603&start=20#p309274), we each got 934 silver, 41 gold and 9 copper. That's 135 gp each, right?

AdaRue can, and will be happy to) provide the coin to Junius, but it seems like he shouldn't need it, right? Or did I miss something? Or was Junius looking to buy plate mail?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by onlyme »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I'm confused about Junius's need for coin. Per this post (viewtopic.php?f=357&t=6603&start=20#p309274), we each got 934 silver, 41 gold and 9 copper. That's 135 gp each, right?

AdaRue can, and will be happy to) provide the coin to Junius, but it seems like he shouldn't need it, right? Or did I miss something? Or was Junius looking to buy plate mail?

I was afraid we would get caught in a battle situation leaving the room, so Junius didnt load up most of his silver to stay under weight. Just the gp and a few of them... Had I known we would safely exit and come to the town, he would have carried all of it, plus the wrong-sized chain mail to trade... :oops:
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh. That was nice of Junius! Had I realized that, AdaRue would have carried some for him. Anyhow, how much did he need for the better armor? 35gp? Let me know and I'll deduct it (in silver, of course).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, we sort of split loot in the cave instead of waiting until we got to town, which left it up to individual PCs to decides whether it was worth carrying their share of the silver or not.

Come to think of it, are we treating the thieves tools, shortbow, chain, and any other gear we grabbed as group loot, or is there such a thing as group loot from the caves? I guess Tippin claimed armor that he then sold to get better armor, and someone took the 30gp silver dagger without counting that toward his or her share. So maybe we're operating on everyone getting what they can grab and are willing to add to their loads?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Come to think of it, are we treating the thieves tools, shortbow, chain, and any other gear we grabbed as group loot, or is there such a thing as group loot from the caves?
This should be an interesting discussion. :D
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

So, I usually see one of two loot distribution methods:

(1) Everything is group loot until the party gets to a town, at which point loot is split. Valuable items get some sort of cash value as part of the loot. Magic items are dealt with somehow.

(2) Split loot on the spot; grabbers keepers.

What's confusing me here is that we seem to have a hybrid. Tippin upgraded his armor in the field. Someone claimed the silver dagger. Dave told us to update our characters' sheets with the gold and silver we took. All those might have had (and still could have) an implied "until we get back to town." But some PCs decided not to carry their "share" of the full treasure, which complicates the treasure split. Do we remove the coin and items we put on our sheets to throw back into a pool? I'm usually the party accountant and even I find that prospect daunting and tedious.

Whatever we decide about the current loot, my suggestion for future outings is that we keep a separate "group loot" tally in a forum post or thread. We might want to do that instead of adding items on our sheets, at least for coin and items that aren't immediately useful (like armor). We'd still need to make sure we're within encumbrance, of course. But I think keeping a list of "undistributed treasure" would simplify loot distribution when we get to a place where we can do it. I've usually seen the DM keep that list, but someone in the party could do it in this game if Dave doesn't want to.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Bluehorse »

Zhym wrote:Whatever we decide about the current loot, my suggestion for future outings is that we keep a separate "group loot" tally in a forum post or thread. We might want to do that instead of adding items on our sheets, at least for coin and items that aren't immediately useful (like armor). We'd still need to make sure we're within encumbrance, of course. But I think keeping a list of "undistributed treasure" would simplify loot distribution when we get to a place where we can do it. I've usually seen the DM keep that list, but someone in the party could do it in this game if Dave doesn't want to.
I like this idea. I dont mind keeping up with it once we get this initial loot issue worked out.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:I like this idea. I dont mind keeping up with it once we get this initial loot issue worked out.
By the way, I'm not opposed to you guys retroactively applying this, if you want. So, as far as I'm concerned, you guys all managed to bring all treasure back with you. Going forward, we'll manage it better... in a manner to be discussed.

To that, it almost seems like there may need to be separate rules:
  1. Distribution
  2. Transportation

As for transportation, as the DM, I am fine to assume that unless we're talking about a MAJOR haul, coins can be spread around to make physically moving them a non-issue (e.g. a magic-user not wearing heavy armor could carry an extra sack of coins or two for the fighter who's already weighed down). Larger bulk items (e.g. armor, wolf pelts, etc...) will be the responsibility of the character carrying it.

You guys handle distribution however you'd like. That said, if I were a player, my recommendation (similar to what Zhym outlined) would be:
  • For coins, it would be an even split.
  • For the previously detailed "larger bulk items," those would be handled on a case-by-case basis. If the item is actually used, that character keeps its full value. If sold, the proceeds get split evenly. Just my two cents.

If you want me to create and manage a dedicated "Treasure Tracking" thread, I will. That said, it sounds like there are already two volunteers for that already, so I'm equally fine to leave it up to you guys.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”