Re: OOC II

#141 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I don't know how we've all managed without Canun's sage wisdom to guide us. :P

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#142 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:I love the new lighting! Much more eye friendly.
I love it, too. It makes it so much easier for me set up this way. Before, when I'd need to take a screen shot of just a specific area, I'd frequently need to break apart maps to move out sections I didn't want to include... now, I just snag the entire area that's lit. I still need to improve how I apply the borders (e.g. there are still some areas where light creeps in), but I think I "get" it now, and just need the patience to actually apply everything properly. (Tangentially, I'm also excited that I got it working because I do still want to try to run a Roll20/Skype game at some point, and this was always a big design issue for me until finally figuring it out.)
Bluehorse wrote:Also, would Mila be able to do a wisdom check for clues of what has been moving around down here? And what would I roll for that if she can?
No rolls. You just let me know, ideally with some specifics, what you want Mila to check for and I'll make a ruling from there.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Zhym »

Is there any way to get the PC name tags back into the map? I can't tell who's who from just the tokens.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#144 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Is there any way to get the PC name tags back into the map? I can't tell who's who from just the tokens.
Done. I updated the image in the post. For this one, some of the labels fall into the wall and aren't easy to read, but I'll reposition the tokens on the next map.

I didn't remove the labels, and they were still visible to me in the GM view, but they were lost when I switched to Player view. It turns out it was a permission that needed to be updated.

It is fixed going forward.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Zhym »

Thanks!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#146 Post by dmw71 »

I've actually made a few other adjustments as well, which may or may not be easily detected.

Originally, when a character was carrying a light source, I made it so the actual character was illuminated. Now, I have:
  • Removed the illumination from the character token,
  • Added a new lantern token,
  • Added the illumination to the lantern tokens.
  • Same with Rainey and the fire beetle gland.
  • This was more for me than anything else, but I also figured out how to group tokens; so when I move AdaRue, or Mila, or Rainey, the tokens representing the lantern/gland that character is carrying will move with them.

This way, if a character sets down or trades a light source with another character, the illumination will follow the light source and I won't have to turn on/off the illumination on the actual character.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#147 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:"I am liking this less and less," says Keebler. "We are chasing our enemies into a position where they can take advantage of fortified defenses and take shots at us with arrows."

"We should withdraw and regroup lest we be slaughtered," counsels the elf.

Still, he keeps his bow ready.

~~~~

Tippin, meanwhile, tries to stay close to the tunnel wall for cover should arrows start flying.
Just to confirm for positioning purposes, neither Keebler nor Tippin are entering the chamber, but remaining in the hallway, correct?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Zhym »

If possible. Tippin will take a position near the entrance by the wall to use the cover. Keebler would do likewise on the other side, but they'll let anyone else go by them into the chamber (I don't want them to be a bottleneck).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Zhym »

dmw71 wrote:The group nearly manages to equal the goblin ineffectiveness, except for Tippin who manages to successfully graze the goblin archer with his latest projectile.
I just looked up the rule for natural 20's. Did you roll up a second damage die for Tippin? I probably should have but only remembered that rule now.

ETA: I rolled a second die and it changes nothing. Carry on. ;)

Natural 20 second damage die: [1d6] = 1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#150 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote: I just looked up the rule for natural 20's. Did you roll up a second damage die for Tippin?
I did.

Tippin (20): 3 or [1d6] = 3

I knew your original damage roll didn't kill your target, so I was hoping the bonus roll would... mine didn't either.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#151 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
AleBelly wrote:Don't giving Canun any ideas, now. What would a CLW spell fetch him if a potion could be had for 300 gold?
A fair bit, I'm sure. But, as was explained to AdaRue when she investigated healing options, there really isn't a need in town:
dmw71 wrote:Pulling out a small vial of a clear liquid and swirling it around. "My last one," he proclaims."There's really very little need for these in town, as normal rest is enough for most ailments, and those in more serious need can always come here for direct aid... but, in terms of something portable, this is it."
Unless the reference was meant as a way of earning money when in town, I'd prefer to not have the discussion about Player C(leric) making Player F(ighter) pay him 300gp for a healing spell, which begets Player F saying, after he kills the goblin in front of him and turns to the three goblins on Player C, "I'll help you with those goblins for 300gp..."

Personally, I'll drop group pretty quickly if people start demanding extra from other party members for their services/skills. Or even if the discussion of said topic drags on for very long. I think it's been talked to death in many forums, several times on US that I know of. The whole point of the party is so that everyone benefits from the services/skills of everyone else.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Zhym »

Alethan wrote:Personally, I'll drop group pretty quickly if people start demanding extra from other party members for their services/skills. Or even if the discussion of said topic drags on for very long. I think it's been talked to death in many forums, several times on US that I know of. The whole point of the party is so that everyone benefits from the services/skills of everyone else.
Damn right (says one of the participants instigators of some of those conversations).

But I'm pretty sure AleBelly was joking. Canun may be that much of a jerk, but AleBelly isn't. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#153 Post by Alethan »

Ha!

I'm mostly sure he was joking as well. But juuuuuust in case he wasn't. ;)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by AleBelly »

I carefully mentioned Canun, not me, for a reason

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#156 Post by Alethan »

AleBelly wrote:I carefully mentioned Canun, not me, for a reason

Effectively no difference, but I understand what you are saying.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#157 Post by dmw71 »

Just a "warning" that next week, and probably the immediate future, are going to be pretty busy for me, so there may be a few days where I won't have the time to update like normal. That said, I will do my best to respond to posts, but just expect responses from me to be quicker and less formal.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Zhym »

Here's a proposal to get things moving. Seeing as how we're only in town because it's safer than the caves, let's be cheap. We all crash in two rooms and live off of rations. We're out of healing spells for today, so I think we need to stay two nights. After the first night, we rest and get magical healing. After the second night, we should be all healed up with casters full up on their spells.

Total cost would be 4 gp divided by 8 = 5 sp each plus 2 days' rations (Nelly's cost is separate).

Copacetic?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Copacabana.
Sounds good. But as long as we're in town, AdaRue will be getting her armor adjusted a bit. ;)

Besides, I reviewed the stuff we left behind. There wasn't much of use or value on the list. Torches perhaps, but they are cheap enough.

Dave, how much is that chest worth? AdaRue will put it towards the group's room and board.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#160 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Dave, how much is that chest worth? AdaRue will put it towards the group's room and board.
It's basically a small, gnarly chest which has stored goblin "stuff" (and smells of it). It will weigh 10-pounds and I'll be generous and let you get 1 gold piece for it.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”