OOC II

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#241 Post by Zhym »

Yes, dad. :P

Hearing no other proposals, can we go with the quick return to town and back plan?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#242 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Hearing no other proposals, can we go with the quick return to town and back plan?
We can, sure, but I have to admit that I'm finding the lack of responses to be a little disconcerting.

I know onlyme is on a business trip, but what about everyone else?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Zhym »

I'm guessing no one feels the need to post, "Whatever you all decide is fine with me."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Zhym »

It does seem to have gotten awfully quiet around here this week, though.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#245 Post by dmw71 »

Which is disappointing.

That said, I am putting the finishing touches on the next update which will potentially shake things up a bit. Expect it to be posted soon.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Zhym »

BTW, by "around here" I mean the Unseen Servant forums in general, or at least the games I'm in, not this game in particular. Could just be a slow period, is what I'm saying.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by drpete »

It is the beginning of the school year, which may be causing a bit of stress here and there. I'll try to be more active. I think I'm suffering a bit from Rainey being a back bencher, used to letting the people in the front do the deciding. Maybe if I made up a second guy...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#248 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:BTW, by "around here" I mean the Unseen Servant forums in general, or at least the games I'm in, not this game in particular. Could just be a slow period, is what I'm saying.
Interesting. This is the only game I participate in, so I haven't really noticed -- though, it's been quite a while since I've seen new posts in the 'Introductions and welcomes' or 'Looking for players or games' topics, so, yeah.
drpete wrote:It is the beginning of the school year, which may be causing a bit of stress here and there.
This may have something to do with it?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#249 Post by Alethan »

drpete wrote:It is the beginning of the school year, which may be causing a bit of stress here and there. I'll try to be more active. I think I'm suffering a bit from Rainey being a back bencher, used to letting the people in the front do the deciding. Maybe if I made up a second guy...
Or just give Rainey a kick in the arse and take him off the back bench. ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Bluehorse »

Yeah, I am a school teacher so I have been having trouble keeping up. Also, adding joy to my day, I broke the screen on my laptop and have been resigned to my phone for RP. YAY! LOL! I will keep up as best I can in the meantime. I am just happy to be here. :) A plague ridden soon to be goblin infested village on the brink of doom sounds like the perfect place for Mila ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Zhym »

Neat plot hook. But giving us more options doesn't exactly speed the game up. :)

That said, I think Keebler would be willing to stay with the group if he has a reason to risk his life that's more worthy than "there might be treasure in that hole." Saving a village from goblins and disease probably qualifies.

If we go that way, I'll bring Horatio in and leave Zombo on deck.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: V. Roganter - Extended Visits

#252 Post by Zhym »

Does anyone want any of the following from Tippin's supplies?

13 arrows,
50' of silk rope
lantern
5 flasks of oil
4 trail rations
crowbar
100 gp promissory note

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#253 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Neat plot hook. But giving us more options doesn't exactly speed the game up. :)
The game has been crawling, and I'm starting to feel like it's on life support. Worst case, introducing a new hook for the group to follow injects some life into it. That said, I am fully prepared for the group to reject the offer and return to the tree cave if that's what people want.

But, if I'm going to be completely honest, someone is going to need to step up and assume more of a leadership role. That, or we simply wait for onlyme to return since he was doing a pretty good job of it. But, without someone making decisions, this game is going nowhere... except maybe to a premature end.
Zhym wrote:That said, I think Keebler would be willing to stay with the group if he has a reason to risk his life that's more worthy than "there might be treasure in that hole." Saving a village from goblins and disease probably qualifies.
This is my fault. I've come to realize that I'm terrible at providing motivation to players. Terrible. However, now it's something that I recognize, it's something I am actively going to work on.

I was considering a few different options to inject some life into the game, and maybe I picked the wrong one since it completely leads the group elsewhere instead of back into the dungeon they've been exploring, but, again, I'm presenting it as somewhat of a fresh start that will hopefully get this game moving again.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: V. Roganter - Extended Visits

#254 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

AdaRue would offer to hold onto the promissory note, promising to use it on behalf of the group as a whole.

She has enough of the other stuff still.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Zhym wrote:That said, I think Keebler would be willing to stay with the group if he has a reason to risk his life that's more worthy than "there might be treasure in that hole." Saving a village from goblins and disease probably qualifies.
AdaRue agrees. I hope it is okay that I just agreed to this. And bought a cart with Tippin's money. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Zhym »

dmw71 wrote:Missed Opportunity?
Borin slams his meaty hands down on the table and sighs deeply as he rises to his feet. "Apparently I've misjudged you, and my search continues," he wheezes. "May the gods bless you on whatever it is that you deem to be more worthy of your time," he says as he begins to slowly turn away.

---

Please continue the distribution of Tippin's possessions in the ooc thread.

Also, before moving on, please respond to all relevant questions for your character from the previous update.

Actions?

---
Possessions Left Behind ---
Date: 29 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 17:24 (Sunrise: 06:37, Sunset: 18:22)
Temp: 79F
Conditions:
  • Warm
    Humid
    Light Rain
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • None.
Character Status
  • Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-8 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (18)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5-3 = 2 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    • Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
  • Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    ---
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
Marching Orders
  • Scout:
      5-foot:
      • Junius
        AdaRue
        Mila
        Rainey
        Canun
      10-foot:
      • Junius
        AdaRue & Mila
        Rainey & Canun
      Rolls
      • None.
    [/list]
    Whoa! Talk about your exploding offers!

Considering how many people are busy or away, there's no way we would reach a decision in one day. I'm sort of surprised we were as close as we were.

dmw71
    POWAH!
    POWAH!

#257 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Whoa! Talk about your exploding offers!
    I'm sorry, but this was 24-hours ago:
    Zhym wrote:Considering how many people are busy or away, there's no way we would reach a decision in one day. I'm sort of surprised we were as close as we were.
    I can assure you, my life keeps me more than enough busy.

I wasn't expecting a decision, but a single response would have been nice. Instead, at the time of my update, all I saw was a discussion about Tippin's possessions brewing.

Now, I do see that I did cross-post against the response from AdaRue, so I will adjust the situation in my next update. Hopefully there will be more to go on by then.
    -- Project --
    -- DM --

AleBelly
    Rider of Rohan
    Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by AleBelly »

Yeah, sorry for the quiet on my part. I was out backpacking with my son and thought I'd have enough down time to post over the last few days.

Rusty Tincanne
    Rider of Rohan
    Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

"Hubbard teaches that mistakes don't always kill those who make them. Many times they kill those we care about" Canun adds unhelpfully.
    What an ass! :lol: And, totally awesome.

Bluehorse
    Rider of Rohan
    Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Bluehorse »

I feel i am no longer able to keep up with the pace of this game, and it seems that it has in some ways become an ill fit. Im goong to go ahead and exit for now until I am better able to adjust my schedule for gaming. Lets just say the following day Mila has left her belongings with AdaRue and sneaks out of town in search of the simpler life she grew up in. AdaRue will find she has left her coins and possessions and aparently left wesring the ragged clothing she originally had when she met the group. Her track lead outside of town, following the road southwest.

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”