OOC II

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC II

#61 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:So 2gp per room per night, correct???
Rooms are 1 gold piece per night, per here. Once a decision is made, please, someone, formally announce the accommodations in the action thread.

Thanks.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Zhym »

The most up-to-date loot split figures are here, BTW:

viewtopic.php?f=357&t=6694#p312384
Zhym wrote: Junius: 78 gp, 973 sp [+37g, +39s]
Keebler: 69 gp, 888 sp [+28g, -46s]
Tippin: 65 gp, 768 sp [+24g, -166s]
Mila: 83 gp, 956 sp [+42g, +22s]
AdaRue: 80 gp, 981 sp [+39g, +47s]
Rainey: 83 gp, 999 sp [+42g, +65s]
Canun: 83 gp, 1022 sp [+42g, +88s]
That includes the 200gp from the spellbook and some things Junius brought back that I didn't include in my original spreadsheet.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Zhym »

FWIW, LL Basic doesn't seem to list meal prices, but LL AEC lists the following prices for meals:

Good: 5 sp
Common: 3 sp
Poor: 1 sp

Also:
Ale, pint: 1 sp
Beer, pint: 5 cp
Mead, pint: 5 sp
Wine, common pint: 5 sp
Wine, common bottle: 12 sp
Wine, good pint: 10 sp
Wine, good bottle: 22 sp

That's from p. 26 of LL AEC. Use or ignore as you choose, of course, but I thought I'd point out "typical" prices.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by dmw71 »

That's actually helpful.

What I will do is make my prices daily prices and not per meal; that should help a bit.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Zhym »

So, does that mean we can't live on rations while in town? ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:So, does that mean we can't live on rations while in town? ;)
No, of course not. Feel free if you want to.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Zhym »

At the BtB prices, I'd have Keebler pay a premium to drink good wine and eat good meals. At 5 gp per day, that's a little steep. ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:At the BtB prices, I'd have Keebler pay a premium to drink good wine and eat good meals. At 5 gp per day, that's a little steep. ;)
"Meals (including drinks) range from 5 silver to 5 gold per day."

You're under no obligation to spend the 5 gold. Just pay what you want.... or eat rations. :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Zhym »

Did Rainey sell the lock or is he holding on to it? The lock and chain might come in handy in the dungeon.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by drpete »

Rainey still has his lock & chain... not sure if they'll end up being useful, but I could imagine some ways they might...

Also, since we've got a sleep spell, Rainey will memorize charm person when we go back into the dungeon.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Bluehorse »

If we are still staying another few nights, Mila will want to explore the town and possibly visit and bulletin boards ect. She will also memorize read magic asap so that she can scribe the scroll of fireball into her spellbook. :twisted:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

How does making a scroll work in this game? I can see how a bunch of CLWs would be handler than gold in the bank. If it's possible, AdaRue will take up a collection for supplies for her and Canun to make some.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:Did Rainey sell the lock or is he holding on to it? The lock and chain might come in handy in the dungeon.
Canun also has a lock and manacles.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

All my treasure is recalculated per Zhym's chart. Thanks SO much for that, Zhym. :)

How much gold did Junius need for the armor?

How much to make scrolls?
For work on her shield?
For any herbs for poultices/teas and/or healing potions?

Also, AdaRue will be probably be putting in an order for armor and buying a mace.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by dmw71 »

Okay, the wife and I put in an offer on a new home earlier today which was accepted. We're not scheduled to close until July 31st, but things are going to be growing quite hectic for us. Expect for the game to occasionally slow down as I'll need to miss a day here and there as real life will almost certainly take over. Moving sucks.

As for the latest updates, there seems to be a lot still going on in town, which is fine. Those updates take time as they're more involved, so I will probably start working on it tonight, but probably won't be able to finish it until tomorrow.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Where? Depends on what you want us to do... if someone is joining up, then however best that blends into the story, and/or whether you want to build a new dungeon or for us to continue crawling the old one...
Your call.
Zhym wrote:I think it was our intent to go back to the old dungeon.
This definitely works for me, but, again, it's your call.

---
drpete wrote:(100 silver on food, baths, tips, etc for the 4 days... that's equivalent to 10 gold, right? (or is that only 5 gold?))
1 gold = 10 silver

---
Bluehorse wrote:She will also memorize read magic asap so that she can scribe the scroll of fireball into her spellbook.
Is she going to stay with 'Shield' for once the group leaves town?

---
Rusty Tincanne wrote:How does making a scroll work in this game?
You would need supplies, and time.

Supplies
Ink (1 oz. Vial) 8 gp
Quill pen 1 sp
Paper (sheet) 4 sp
Parchment (sheet) 2 sp

Let's assume you'll need a vial per spell (spell level is irrelevant). One CLW (or Fireball), for instance, would require one vial. Two CLWs (or Fireball) would require two vials, etc... The quill will work indefinitely. Scrolls can be written on either paper or parchment, with the later being more durable.

Time
As for time, we will follow the 'Spell Sharing' details in the 'House Rules' which I'll copy here for simplicity:
Spell Sharing wrote:"If you want to do it in the middle of an adventure, it is time the entire group will need to spend waiting, and risking wandering encounters. It will require 'Read Magic' in order to be able to translate the arcane words and symbols of the other magic user, and we'll say it will take 1d3 hours per spell level to actually copy the spell. In town, between adventures, it can be done freely."
---
Rusty Tincanne wrote:If it's possible, AdaRue will take up a collection for supplies for her and Canun to make some.
I will let you guys work this out.

---
Rusty Tincanne wrote:AdaRue will be probably be putting in an order for armor and buying a mace.
If you decide to purchase either, just assume book prices. I will just need to know what you decide to purchase so I can update AdaRue's details in my update signature.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Zhym »

So the cost of making a scroll if you already have a quill is 8g 2s and 1d3 hours per spell level? That's really cheap. Possibly too cheap. The world would be awash in scrolls.

But if you'd sticking with that, I'll probably have Keebler make several scrolls while we wait in town instead of depositing his money. At 8g 2s each, he could make 12 sleep scrolls for 98.4 gp.

Also, in the most recent update you said we paid 1 gp to deposit money. I think you originally said that deposits incurred a 5% fee; changing coin denominations cost 1 gp (sorry, I'm not on a device from which it's easy to link to that post). Are you changing the deposit fee to 1 gp? If so, I'll update sheets accordingly.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:So the cost of making a scroll if you already have a quill is 8g 2s and 1d3 hours per spell level? That's really cheap. Possibly too cheap. The world would be awash in scrolls.
You're probably right about this. Let me consider it more today and revise, if necessary.
Zhym wrote:Also, in the most recent update you said we paid 1 gp to deposit money. I think you originally said that deposits incurred a 5% fee; changing coin denominations cost 1 gp. Are you changing the deposit fee to 1 gp?
No, you're right. I was tired last night and confused the two. Deposits incur a 5% charge; converting one coin to another is what only costs 1 gold.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I agree that that is really, really cheap for scrolls. I paid for 5 at r the current rate, but am happy to adjust that.

What are the benefits of the healing herbs in game, out of curiosity? They seem like they'd be relegated to the camp phase, when teas, poultices, etc can be made.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Zhym »

One common approach is to have the cost of making a spell scroll be 100 gp x spell level (or spell level squared). A quicks Dragonsfoot search brings up a lot of variations on that.

Scrolls are expensive to make BtB in Moldvay B/X: "Creating items that duplicate a spell effect once usually requires 500 gp and 1 week per spell level." The book lists examples of a scroll with 2 magic missile spells for 1,000 gp and 2 weeks or a potion of healing for 500 gp and 1 week. Also, "There is always a 50% chance (at least) that magical research or production will fail. This check is made after the time and money are spent." Harsh.

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”