OOC II

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#21 Post by Zhym »

I think that would be useful for future delves.

I have the accounting details below, but here's the gist: by my counting, this is how much gold each PC should have given the items they've taken:
Junius: 162.25
Tippin: 111.25
Keebler: 127.25
AdaRue: 147.45
Mila: 144.25
Rainey: 152.25
Canun: 144.75

Some of us already added 41gp, 934s to our sheets. Accounting gets much easier if we assume we can easily exchange coinage in town. If that's okay, I'd suggest that anyone who added the 41gp, 934sp before should deduct that and add the amount shown above. Then people can sell the items they took or keep them as they choose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the dreaded accounting. I tallied up all the coin (ignoring copper) we found in the chest and on the bodies of the dead goblins (but not what was on our dead friends?) and the items we took. I ignored any items worth less than 1 sp new or consumables (arrows, oil, etc.), which are less than 1sp each anyway. Valuing items at the amount they can bring at resale:
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 12.31.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 12.31.15 PM.png (48 KiB) Viewed 229 times
So each share of the loot is 162.25 gold. Here is what each person took in items:

Canun:
Manacles - 7.5

Keebler:
Longbow: 20
Chain: 15
Total: 35

Tippin:
Chain mail: 35
Crowbar: 1
Thieves tools: 15
Total: 51

Mila:
Blanket: 0.25
Dagger, silver: 15
Quarterstaff: 1
Flint & steel: 1
Scroll case: 0.5
Waterskin: 0.5
Total: 18.25

AdaRue:
Paper (4 sheets): 0.8
Rope, silk, 50': 5
Sack, large x2: 2
Wolfsbane: 5
Total: 14.8

Rainey:
Lock: 10

Does that all seem sensible?
Last edited by Zhym on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#22 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:I have the accounting details below...
That's pretty awesome, man. Definitely feel free to create a new tread dedicated to keeping this up (and not risking it getting buried here in an OOC tread).
Zhym wrote:Accounting gets much easier if we assume we can easily exchange coinage in town.
While the town does not have a true bank or moneychanger (there is a jeweler), there are vaults in the town hall basement that have functioned as a "bank" for years.

I will formally note it in the action thread momentarily, and you guys can respond with the actual amounts each character deposits... or not.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

dmw71 wrote:
Zhym wrote:Accounting gets much easier if we assume we can easily exchange coinage in town.
While the town does not have a true bank or moneychanger (there is a jeweler), there are vaults in the town hall basement that have functioned as a "bank" for years.
As a practical matter, though, can we assume that in town we can take the coin value of our shares in gold? I don't want to have to partition out gold vs. silver (which I'd need to do if we can't easily convert silver to gold).

For future planning, we'd still want to keep track of gold vs. silver so we know how much weight we have to lug out of the dungeon, but I'd suggest that once in town we should abstract that away. Converting to platinum might carry a fee, of course.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:As a practical matter, though, can we assume that in town we can take the coin value of our shares in gold? I don't want to have to partition out gold vs. silver (which I'd need to do if we can't easily convert silver to gold).

For future planning, we'd still want to keep track of gold vs. silver so we know how much weight we have to lug out of the dungeon, but I'd suggest that once in town we should abstract that away. Converting to platinum might carry a fee, of course.
I just posted details about the "bank" here: Day 3: Bank.

To this:
"As a practical matter, though, can we assume that in town we can take the coin value of our shares in gold?"

If you don't want to track or carry mixed coins, my recommendation would be to make a deposit. I forgot to add it to the post (because I wasn't thinking about it), but coin conversions can be made from the vault as well for a modest 1 gold piece fee. (I will edit the bank post to reflect this.)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

Well, that still means I have to figure out how much gold vs. silver everyone has in their shares, which is a pain. I don't mind tracking or carrying mixed coins. What I mind is trying to figure out of the 162.25 gold value Junius has, how much of that comes in gold vs. silver, and of the 111.25 Tippin has, how much is gold vs. silver, and oh by the way we don't have any copper in the mix so someone has to get a little more than others. We can avoid all that if we can just assume that everyone's able to take their coin share in gold.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

Zhym wrote:I think that would be useful for future delves.

I have the accounting details below, but here's the gist: by my counting, this is how much gold each PC should have given the items they've taken:
Junius: 162.25
Tippin: 111.25
Keebler: 127.25
AdaRue: 147.45
Mila: 144.25
Rainey: 152.25
Canun: 144.75

Some of us already added 41gp, 934s to our sheets. Accounting gets much easier if we assume we can easily exchange coinage in town. If that's okay, I'd suggest that anyone who added the 41gp, 934sp before should deduct that and add the amount shown above. Then people can sell the items they took or keep them as they choose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the dreaded accounting. I tallied up all the coin (ignoring copper) we found in the chest and on the bodies of the dead goblins (but not what was on our dead friends?) and the items we took. I ignored any items worth less than 1 sp new or consumables (arrows, oil, etc.), which are less than 1sp each anyway. Valuing items at the amount they can bring at resale:
So each share of the loot is 162.25 gold. Here is what each person took in items:

Canun:
Manacles - 7.5

Keebler:
Longbow: 20
Chain: 15
Total: 35

Tippin:
Chain mail: 35
Crowbar: 1
Thieves tools: 15
Total: 51

Mila:
Blanket: 0.25
Dagger, silver: 15
Quarterstaff: 1
Total: 18.25

AdaRue:
Paper (4 sheets): 0.8
Rope, silk, 50': 5
Sack, large x2: 2
Wolfsbane: 5
Total: 14.8

Rainey:
Lock: 10

Does that all seem sensible?
Junius took a silk rope as well and a short bow from earlier. Also, there were 2 sets of chain mail. One was from a deceased PC (Tom?) and the other was from the goblin boss. also, I really screwed up, because I was discounting the silver pieces to equate to a nickel instead of a dime in LL. I never do remember which rule sets have it which way. I probably would have had him carry it at 93 gp worth instead of 47.

I am ok with whatever is easiest and manageable, knowing that sometime or another, we wont make it back to town with the full load before a battle and deaths, drops, etc occur.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zhym »

Oooooh, now I have to recalculate. :evil: :D

Did anyone actually take the other set of chain mail? I don't see it in the last version of the loot list.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

Edit: I forgot the spellbook, which wasn't on the loot list but is clearly loot. The easiest way to deal with that is to split the 200 gp from its sale among the group (28 g each, with Mila getting the extra 4 gp for doing the legwork selling it). Otherwise, it counts as 200 gp of Mila's share, which is only 193 gp each with the spell book included. Much simpler just to split the proceeds of the sale separately, which lets me avoid recalculating the below. Bluehorse, are you okay with pulling that 200 gp off Mila's sheet and sharing it with the group? If not, I think we're back to "grabbers keepers" as the loot distribution method.

Okay, I split it out anyway. Here's what everyone gets as their share based on the value of all the items they've taken, assuming we got all the gold and silver back to town. Figures in brackets are how much to add or subtract from your sheets assuming the PC already has the 41 gp, 934 sp on his or her sheet:

Junius: 50 gp, 973 sp [+9g, +39s]
Keebler: 41 gp, 888 sp [-46s]
Tippin: 37 gp, 768 sp [-4g, -166s]
Mila: 51 gp, 956 sp [+10g, +22s]
AdaRue: 52 gp, 981 sp [+11g, +47s]
Rainey: 55 gp, 999 sp [+14g, +65s]
Canun: 55 gp, 1022 sp [+14g, +88s]

I'm sure the gold/silver split could be more even, but I'm not optimizing that. The numbers above work out to everyone netting 165 gp from the loot (rounding to the nearest gp). These figures take into account Junius having claimed a bow and a rope. Also, the numbers above assume we didn't add the gold looted from the dead to our sheets, which I don't think we did.

Spreadsheet screenshot, for those who care:
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.12.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.12.32 PM.png (93.16 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Last edited by Zhym on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by dmw71 »

Awesome work.

Again, don't forget to create a new, dedicated thread to track this once it all gets sorted out. Sicky if if you want.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

I agree. I already considered Mila a bit of a pack mule for the group since she carries very little. So I have no problem hefting a little extra when needed.

Also, the point of a case by case basis, I would say that is a good idea too since there are always going to be class/character specific items that pop up (like the silver dagger, sorry) that will obviously be more practical in the hands of one character vs another. Mila will never have a need for a silver longsword but Keebler might. I would have no problem with him claiming it and saying "I'll claim this." as long as there is not another character that could use it that has a case to get the item instead. On the same note, I see no reason Mila could no carry it to spread the load if it turns out to be market fodder for getting the party coins later.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Bluehorse »

Zhym, I love it! I will do all the deduction ect later when I have more time (in class at the moment) but yes, I have no problem at all taking only a share of the spellbook, that was my intent anyway.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Bluehorse »

Zhym wrote:Edit: I forgot the spellbook, which wasn't on the loot list but is clearly loot. The easiest way to deal with that is to split the 200 gp from its sale among the group (28 g each, with Mila getting the extra 4 gp for doing the legwork selling it). Otherwise, it counts as 200 gp of Mila's share, which is only 193 gp each with the spell book included. Much simpler just to split the proceeds of the sale separately, which lets me avoid recalculating the below. Bluehorse, are you okay with pulling that 200 gp off Mila's sheet and sharing it with the group? If not, I think we're back to "grabbers keepers" as the loot distribution method.

Okay, I split it out anyway. Here's what everyone gets as their share based on the value of all the items they've taken, assuming we got all the gold and silver back to town. Figures in brackets are how much to add or subtract from your sheets assuming the PC already has the 41 gp, 934 sp on his or her sheet:

Junius: 50 gp, 973 sp [+9g, +39s]
Keebler: 41 gp, 888 sp [-46s]
Tippin: 37 gp, 768 sp [-4g, -166s]
Mila: 51 gp, 956 sp [+10g, +22s]
AdaRue: 52 gp, 981 sp [+11g, +47s]
Rainey: 55 gp, 999 sp [+14g, +65s]
Canun: 55 gp, 1022 sp [+14g, +88s]

I'm sure the gold/silver split could be more even, but I'm not optimizing that. The numbers above work out to everyone netting 165 gp from the loot (rounding to the nearest gp). These figures take into account Junius having claimed a bow and a rope. Also, the numbers above assume we didn't add the gold looted from the dead to our sheets, which I don't think we did.

Spreadsheet screenshot, for those who care:
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 2.12.32 PM.png
I bow to your obviously superior skills.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

Thanks!

Are you saying that you consider the silver dagger not to be part of the group loot? Or just that Mila claims dibs on the dagger being part of her share?

So far, we've been discussing how to account for loot value and items that have been claimed. We haven't even gotten into the protocol for laying dibs. Maybe we should do that now too instead of waiting for the first nice magic item to come up. :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:Also, the point of a case by case basis, I would say that is a good idea too since there are always going to be class/character specific items that pop up (like the silver dagger, sorry) that will obviously be more practical in the hands of one character vs another.
Zhym wrote:We haven't even gotten into the protocol for laying dibs. Maybe we should do that now too instead of waiting for the first nice magic item to come up.
I probably shouldn't do this, but.... the party maaaay be sitting on one and they don't even realize it. And, hypothetically, that item may be class-specific. ;)

I can't say more, except to check your inventories. The character that's carrying it does have "it" listed on their sheet.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Zhym »

Ooooh.

Well, Detect Magic is a first-level spell. Maybe we should wait a day before selling things. :)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Bluehorse »

oh it is definitely the blanket in Mila's inventory. +3 Blanket of Comfy. Allows the user to hold their bladder indefinitely when using its once a day ability of "Perfect Bed:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Zhym »

I suppose we wouldn't know if any of the weapons are magical, not having used them yet.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#38 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:oh it is definitely the blanket in Mila's inventory. +3 Blanket of Comfy.
You found it!
(And saved yourself a 'Detect Magic' spell.) ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Zhym »

Wait...how is the blanket possibly a class-specific item? ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#40 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Wait...how is the blanket possibly a class-specific item?
I did say "hypothetically." ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”