OOC II

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#461 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Zhym wrote:I refrained posting anything from Horatio because it would just get him kicked by AdaRue.
:lol:

Vernon is fine with Rothal from leading them out. AdaRue won't stop the women from choosing to blindly follow him. She just hope he can actually manage the task. And if he goes, it frees the group up.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#462 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:[She just hope he can actually manage the task. And if he goes, it frees the group up.
His escaping with the women isn't really important to your task, or the story, so if he leaves with them, he'll do so successfully.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#463 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:I assume none of the PCs would have knowledge of what this creature is, correct?
I suppose it's possible,
but probably unlikely.

If you want to make an Intelligence (Nature) check for me --- kidding!

I'll let anyone interested make an Intelligence check. I'll modify it and let you know if anyone knows anything.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"These Brighton guys really suck at fighting" says Canun to nobody in particular. He wonders if the dead kobolds are the cause of the fetid water.

He pulls two flasks of oil from his pack and spreads the contents at the T-junction so that the party members are on one side and the approaching enemy is on the other. He will light the oil if they sound like they are getting close enough to strike (he will err on the side of caution).

2 pints oil deducted
So, um...did we just open a door into a new threat while we knew one threat was approaching? Then seal ourselves in with threat #2?

We so deserve the TPK that's coming. ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#465 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:We so deserve the TPK that's coming. ;)
I would never do such a thing.

Seriously, though, this is shaping up to be an interesting situation.
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:
AleBelly wrote:"These Brighton guys really suck at fighting" says Canun to nobody in particular. He wonders if the dead kobolds are the cause of the fetid water.

He pulls two flasks of oil from his pack and spreads the contents at the T-junction so that the party members are on one side and the approaching enemy is on the other. He will light the oil if they sound like they are getting close enough to strike (he will err on the side of caution).

2 pints oil deducted
So, um...did we just open a door into a new threat while we knew one threat was approaching? Then seal ourselves in with threat #2?

We so deserve the TPK that's coming. ;)
There's no way Canun was going to be in the front line against wolves with no spells. It would have been best to all run into the room with the maggot, but the doors open the wrong way for us to bar them. So Canun's just buying himself some time.

From a tactical perspective, I don't see the party outrunning wolves. I suppose we could run away from the maggot, but...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Zhym »

It might have been better to have had all our enemies on one side of us. This round may have been too late to arrange that, but just ask the Germans about what happens when you try to fight wars on two fronts.

Also, I read the latest update on my phone in the middle of a conference, and what caught my attention was "face full of tentacles." I'm not sure whether it says something about Dave or me or both of us that I had little doubt he'd be willing to throw a mind flayer at a bunch of low-level PCs. :D

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by onlyme »

Any thoughts or strategies? I wish that 2nd had fallen asleep too. Would have made for a bit easier decisions.

We could still leave and run to exit, leave toward the barking and get killed another way, move in and negotiate/fight.(Maybe if he has the kobalds to eat, he wont care about us?)
Or ???
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Zhym »

Having all our enemies in the same direction isn't a bad idea, especially if the goblins and Big Dam Poisonous Grub end up having to fight each other in the process. The big question is whether we think we can get out of where we are before the goblins arrive.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm surprised neither Canun, not Horatio have lamented letting the women go. They would have been a nice speed bump for the PCs.

We could flee.the way we came, using a couple flasks of oil to drive the grub towards the advancing goblins. That will allow down both enemies. AdaRue has more oil to dedicate to the cause.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#471 Post by dmw71 »

So, what's the plan, guys? Let's make something official.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Zhym »

I'm in favor of Rusty's plan. Mondays are often hectic for me, so please consider Keebler and Horatio to be doing something that works with whatever we decide on.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by onlyme »

We have these options...
1) go back into the warden eating creature room
2) go east toward the barking
3) GO back to the locked door across from where we killed the sleeping guards and keep working the lock till gone
4) go back room by room until we find a secret door.

I am assuming 1 and 2 are out, or else we wouldnt have just done what we did.
So, shall we do 3 or 4?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by AleBelly »

Someone earlier had floated the idea of picking the freshest kobold corpse and seeing if it would interest the maggot thing.

We could also try to clog the hallway connecting us to the goblin voices and barking by stacking the kobold corpses to enable us to explore the room to the north without worrying too much about our backs.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by Zhym »

With Junius, and everyone else, now standing outside the large room with the giant maggot-like creature, the group finds themselves seemingly surrounded by threats... but, somehow, in a somewhat "safe" spot.
Does that mean we also have a threat to the west?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#476 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Does that mean we also have a threat to the west?
That's the direction from which you came, which seemed relatively safe, but you never know. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Zhym »

Okay. That what I thought, but "all sides" threw me.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#478 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Okay. That what I thought, but "all sides" threw me.
Those ("all sides") are your words, not mine... but I can see how my phrasing ("the group finds themselves seemingly surrounded by threats") could be confusing. My bad.
  • There's a maggot-creature thing through the double-doors to the north;
    The area beyond the kobold closet is unexplored, and is where the barking sounds came from, but have since retreated;
    Behind you is where you came from, which was safe when you traveled it to arrive where you are.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#479 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:"Oh, hell no," he says when the grub heads for the ceiling.
I totally heard Will Smith when I read that. :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#480 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I thought that would put the fire further left, not that it makes much difference in mechanics, I guess.
By "left," do you mean closer to where the group is now (e.g. entry side), or more towards the unexplored area? My understanding was that the unexplored area was to be more the area of focus, which we can still do (I can shift it over), but the creature could have more easily avoided the flame all together if I didn't shift it left (on the map; towards the party) a bit... and I'm pretty sure that was the plan -- to fry the beast.

As for the fire, it won't last too long, so access into the room will be possible soonish.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”