OOC II

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#421 Post by Zhym »

Stretching the hobgoblin mutant may have been one of those situations when a little knowledge of other players' actions is useful. I don't know if Canun's action was meant to be to turn the wheel in addition to Horatio's turn, or from a standpoint of pretending not to know Horatio's action.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by AleBelly »

Canun wasn't trying to kill him either...I'm guessing that the gobbo wasn't going to give us information and so Dave just expedited things...?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#423 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:Canun wasn't trying to kill him either...I'm guessing that the gobbo wasn't going to give us information and so Dave just expedited things...?
The goblin, because of its mutations, was only set to survive three cranks. That said, getting it to talk would have been difficult.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by drpete »

Dunno if it makes a bunch of difference (as in, when Rainey's soul is judged or whatever) but Rainey wasn't the originator of the torture idea, nor intending to be one of the helpers... he was just kind of letting the guys do their thing without objecting to it, while working on the door issue.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Zhym »

Horatio's plan was to try some of the torturer's implements on the torturer. Even if the torturer didn't talk, Horatio would have had fun.

But we might also have decided that we didn't have time for Horatio to play.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

drpete wrote:Dunno if it makes a bunch of difference (as in, when Rainey's soul is judged or whatever) but Rainey wasn't the originator of the torture idea, nor intending to be one of the helpers... he was just kind of letting the guys do their thing without objecting to it, while working on the door issue.
:?
Not much better, really. Hubbard might look favorably on such things, but not the Mother.

:P

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Where is the sack of gold? Is there anything needed for the entire group, or should we split it up now?
Will folks be identifying the bottles? Did the prisoners have any insight into them?

AdaRue still has that pouch-bomb of sticky goo. It should go to someone with a good dexterity, I think. Keebler? Horatio? Someone else?

AdaRue with be buying food and oil.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#428 Post by dmw71 »

Just a note to let you all know that things at work have been insane the last week or so, with no signs of letting up the rest of the year. The company instituted a new policy where you can no longer roll over any vacation days (while giving us more of them), so we're running lean the rest of the year.

I will still attempt to keep up with the daily pace, but if a day slips here or there, you'll know why.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#429 Post by dmw71 »

Moving here: XIII. Goblin Halls: Third Trip.

P.S. I also need new hit point rolls from AdaRue and Canun, plus the second memorized spell for Canun.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Level 2 HP [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6
Except she doesn't get a CON bonus, so it is only 5HP.

Can AdaRue exchange GP for PP in Brighton? Is there an exchange fee?

How much gold did we find in the torturers room?

I won't get to Vernon until tomorrow night. Sorry.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by AleBelly »

The party returned with 158 gp, so that's 20 per person (except for two that get 19 instead).

Canun's 2nd spell will be Detect Magic

HP roll with Con penalty:
Hit points [1d6-1] = 4-1 = 3

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Vernon is complete. He'll travel with his short bow at the ready, shield on his back. He will fall into line behind the dwarfs, unless someone has a better idea.

AdaRue has purchased more oil and rations. She only took 19 gp. Also, I still had a 100 gp promisory note from the last town. I deducted it as her share of the payment for the cart/wagon. If that was paid for in another way, let me know and I'll adjust her sheet.

Still waiting to hear about exchanging coins to PP.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Zhym »

Rations deducted and 4 more purchased for Keebler and Horatio. 20 gp claimed by Horatio, 19 by Keebler.

Net:
Keebler: +17 gp, +3 rations
Horatio: +18 gp, +3 rations

Do we need spikes, more oil, or anything like that?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#434 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Can AdaRue exchange GP for PP in Brighton? Is there an exchange fee?
Sure, and any exchange fee that might normally be in place is waived as you are part of the group working to find a cure for the town.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#435 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Keeping a low profile, but still an NPC, and possible cannon fodder, right? What is his current HP? Does he need healing?
If you are just ghosting him along (where he has no chance of injury, etc), i won't waste the spell.
I can't really divulge how many hit points he has (current or total), but as one of the elite wardens of Brighton, it's safe to assume he is quite capable when properly equipped and at full strength.

That said, my plan is to essentially ghost him -- I do not plan on having him engage in combat, so he'll also be an unlikely target of an attack by an opponent. That isn't to say he will never fight, but he will always be one of the last to actually get involved, and only when the situation demands it (e.g. the party is overwhelmed, someone falls, etc....).

Unless something is specifically requested of him, figure he will linger in the background and provide support (e.g. binding wounds if someone falls, carrying a source of light if one is provided him, etc...).
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#436 Post by dmw71 »

Happy New Year, everyone!

+500xp each

Junius is really close to 2nd level. Horatio and Rainey are also close.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#437 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:Canun bravely watches Dimly from a distance.
:lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#438 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:AdaRue stares at Rogan a moment before launching into motherly mode...
FYI...
the skeleton was unwilling to cooperate, and was not going to respond to any questions.

My having Rothal do what he did was just my way of preventing those efforts from dragging on too long (but I could have probably allowed them to play out a bit longer than I did).

Apologies.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#439 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Junius heads left. (though doesnt this go about 75-80 feet and turn right to a closed door 20-30 ft ahead?)
You're right. It does. I thought you guys might have explored that way, but didn't remember you actually going into the room.

I will go back and try to find where you guys previously visited to see the extent of what the group did and didn't do.

Apologies, again. Lol
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#440 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I will go back and try to find where you guys previously visited to see the extent of what the group did and didn't do.
Starting here.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”