It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: III. Tree Cave - Day 3
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:23 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 3
As day two comes to an end, the group finalizes their morning preparations, then agrees to continue on to Roganter. With no one having ever traveled there before, and unsure how long it will take, the group breaks fast and, now slightly more weighed down with the addition of the hard won treasure, lines up -- Junius, Tippin, Keebler, AdaRue, Mila, Rainey, and Canun.

After moving the table back away from the door and out of the way, before unbarring it, Junius listens at the door.
Attachment:
Day 3.jpg
Day 3.jpg [ 69.33 KiB | Viewed 201 times ]


The dwarf hears nothing.


---

Mila already did (to tease the encumbrance limits), but everyone will need to deduct a ration. Or not (but I will need to know if anyone doesn't).

I also still need the memorized spell for AdaRue.


Actions?


---
Possessions to Divide
---
Date: 22 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:31 (Sunrise: 06:23, Sunset: 18:01)
Temp: 53F (62F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (TBD; else: CLW)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"Oh boy!" cheers Tippin. "Time for another adventure!"

~~~~~~~

Keebler waits in position, bow in hand in case something quiet lies in wait outside the door.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Staff in one hand, hand ready to grab a dart with the other. Her shield spell well studied and and on the tip of her tongue for casting.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:36 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 3
The group continues to stand at the door.

Junius continues to hear nothing on the other side.


---

If you haven't already done so, please deduct a ration for day three. Or not, but I will need to know if anyone doesn't.

I also still need the memorized spell for AdaRue.


Actions?


---
Possessions to Divide
---
Date: 22 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:32 (Sunrise: 06:23, Sunset: 18:01)
Temp: 53F (62F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (TBD; else: CLW)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5842
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius opens the door once a few are waiting to fire at ambushers.


Sorry for delay/inaction, saw the update last night but forgot to look again this morning.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 3
Junius slowly cracks open the door, which swings out. When nothing happens, he opens it a bit further. Then fully. A rancid smell quickly begins to penetrate the olfactory senses of the party; no doubt a hint of what is to come. The chamber is dark, however, and Junius, with his infravision, spies nothing giving off a heat signature as he scans the room. He takes the glowing fire beetle gland from Tippin, standing behind him, and slowly steps into the room.
Attachment:
Junius.jpg
Junius.jpg [ 64.51 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]



Nothing.


---

If you haven't already done so, please deduct a ration for day three. Or not, but I will need to know if anyone doesn't.

I also still need the memorized spell for AdaRue.


Actions?


---
Possessions to Divide
---
Date: 22 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:33 (Sunrise: 06:23, Sunset: 18:01)
Temp: 53F (62F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (TBD; else: CLW)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
"Pee-yoo!" says Tippin, holding his nose. "What a stink!"

His eyes grow wide. "You don't suppose that smell is...dead people, do you? Or maybe it's just fire beetle poop!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5842
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius begins to move out toward the parts of the cave system they were familiar with.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:56 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2839
Rainey Daze

Rainey pauses to see if he can attach a lock to the door, hoping to keep it free of vermin and goblins, then follows along on the trip out.

Money taken, rations deducted. Rainey's encumbrance category moves up, so he now moves 90'/round (total non-simplified encumbrance = 53.24 pounds)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue follows out the door, hoping to not see the remains of her friends. She knows the weight of her pack is too much and she will be forced to leave their bones in this cave; she is ashamed she that she has already made this decision and hopes she won't have to act on it. What would she do with the bones anyhow? Carry them to the next town and have more deaths as a stigma on the survivors? No. It is best they are consumed...

Coins added to sheet. Rations deducted. And as long as we are just getting started, her spell is Protection from Evil for the day. Movement remains 60'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8048
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun, bravely guarding the rear, follows the others out. His Light spell is on the tip of his tongue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14214
Keebler, bow at the ready, says nothing as he follows the others out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:49 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 3
Before the group makes their way towards the exit, Rainey pauses to see if he can find some way to lock the door to the bosses room, where their stash of unclaimed equipment, supplies, and treasure is being left behind. Unfortunately, the door bolts shut from the inside, and there is no obvious way to secure it from the outside.

Junius leads the exit from the room the group has been holed up in for the last few days, and makes a straight line towards the exit. "Pee-yoo!" says Tippin, holding his nose. "What a stink!" His eyes grow wide. "You don't suppose that smell is...dead people, do you? Or maybe it's just fire beetle poop!" he wonders aloud.

The halfling's fears are confirmed as soon as the lead light catches the a glimpse of an absolutely mutilated form, which is completely unrecognizable except for the general size of the shredded corpse -- which loosely matches the height of Tom. The beetles did their number, and left an absolute nightmare in their wake.
Attachment:
Exit.jpg
Exit.jpg [ 279.58 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]


Nearly overcome by the sight... and the smell... Junius hurries forward, looking to get the group past the scene of the carnage as quickly as possible.

Exiting the horrific scene and leading the group in essentially a u-turn, Junius reaches the chamber with the campfire. On the opposite wall, directly ahead of them, is the exit Tom and Omdog previous explored, with another passage which angles away from the current chamber and leads to the staircase leading out of the cave system.

Knowing the plan is to leave, Junius pushes forward. Sure enough, the new passage leads to a winding set of stairs carved into the natural rock formations of the cave walls, leading up.
Attachment:
Cave Stairs Exit.jpg
Cave Stairs Exit.jpg [ 282.77 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]


While climbing the nearly three dozen dirt and moss-covered stone steps, the group begins to see daylight, and the unmistakable scent of a wooded area... and fresh air. As Junius nears the top step, the dwarf confirms the exit will deposit them into a wooded area, much like the one they entered to find the other cave entrance.
Attachment:
Cave Exit Looking Out.jpg
Cave Exit Looking Out.jpg [ 155.12 KiB | Viewed 153 times ]


Outside, beyond the shelter of the forest, the storm which they sought shelter from has passed and has been replaced with cooler temperatures.



---

We can interrupt progress to spend time back at the room if anyone wants to role-playing trying to lock the door from the outside. Just let me know.

I randomly rolled for AdaRue's memorized spell ('Resist Cold'), but feel free to send me an alternate spell any time before the first encounter.


Actions?


---
Possessions to Divide --- Note: Once the group has left the cave system, characters will only have what is on their character sheets (and anything left unclaimed from this link will have been left behind.)

---
Date: 22 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:39 (Sunrise: 06:23, Sunset: 18:01)
Temp: 53F (62F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5842
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Once everyone has collected and adjusted their gear, Junius leads them up and into the woods. Assuming they cant get an initial bearing, he suggests someone small and light climb a tree to determine where they might be.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Takes a deep breath and looks visibly relieved to be outside again. Hearing Junius's suggestion she walks over to a tall tree and drops her pack looking to one of the taller party members. "Can I get a boost?"

OOC: Do I need to make a roll?

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:44 am 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Bluehorse wrote:
OOC: Do I need to make a roll?
Nope. ;)

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
dmw71 wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:
OOC: Do I need to make a roll?
Nope. ;)

That means it is an auto fail! :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:07 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Day 3
Having finalized and packed what they're taking with them, Junius leads them up and into the woods. This new exit deposits them into an unknown area of the woods -- hopefully the same woods they originally entered from. "Anyone a good climber?" the dwarf asks. "Someone should take to the trees to try and determine where we are." Mila, glad to be outside again, heads to a tall, nearby tree, and drops her back. After taking a deep breath, Junius gives her a boost and she begins her careful ascent.

Mila proves to be an average, but capable climber. As she climbs, the rest of the group notices normal wildlife activity: mostly birds, but a few deer as well. Now some 30-feet above the forest floor, Mila stops her climb and settles in.

"I think we're still in the Forest of Balim," she says after observing the forest perpetually cloaked in mist in all directions. About one hundred yards behind her, in the opposite direction from which the group just existed, she spies what appears to be the end of the forest -- or the beginning? "Back there, about a hundred yards," she says, pointing. "That may be where we entered," she adds.

While still in her elevated perch, Mila continues to study in each direction, hoping to find some sort of marker or sign. Nothing immediately jumps out at her until, far off to her right, she spies a plume of smoke beginning to rise above the treeline.




Actions?

---
Possessions Left Behind
---
Date: 22 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 09:57 (Sunrise: 06:23, Sunset: 18:01)
Temp: 53F (62F topside)
Conditions:
    Cool
    Damp
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield)
    Keebler| : Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Hobgoblin Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/7/6 | HP: 10-8 = 2+4 = 6-4 = 2+3 = 5+2 = 7+2 = 9 | Armor: Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (20)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather, Goblin Shield | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1 (Protection from Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1 (Sleep)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)


Marching Orders
    Scout:
      Keebler

    5-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin
      Keebler
      AdaRue
      Mila
      Rainey
      Canun

    10-foot:
      Junius
      Tippin & Keebler
      AdaRue & Mila
      Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Points excitedly and calls down. "Over there! I see smoke rising. Maybe that is where the town is?"

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3677
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue consults her map of the tunnels to see which direction she believes the road to be in. Is it a lot of smoke of what you'd expect from a campfire? Like a band of poachers?
Does the end of the forest seem to be where the cave entrance would be?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dmw71 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group