II. Tree Cave - Day 2

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: II. Tree Cave - Day 2

#21 Post by drpete »

Rainey

Rainey looks over the chest skeptically.

"Before we fill our pockets, let's decide what we're doing. Are we leaving, and going to town, or pushing on?

If we're going back to town, are we coming back here?

If we're coming back, exactly what do we need to get in town that we don't have here?

If we're staying, maybe we can just hide the chest and lock the door?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Zhym »

"That is the pertinent question," says Keebler, nodding. "Do we stuff our bags full of silver and gold and make for the next city, or do we delve deeper into this cave?"

He gestures toward the chest. "At about 134 gold each, I would advise against making retirement plans just yet. Add in the equipment with some resale value, however, and we may have sufficient funds to improve our supplies. Several of us could use armor upgrades."

"I suggest we go to Roganter. We could inquire about Nulwid and Sir Rufus and perhaps even supplement our depleted numbers. Then we can decide whether to return to this cave."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I this is a foolhardy adventure, but I don't want any of my friends to perish down here if I can help it. So if you all want to come back, I'm in. It will be a service to The Mother!

When weighing the pros and cons of going to town or continuing, she decides on town.Keebler's right. I need more protection than a leather apron, and that mace looks handy because I could use my shield. Oh. And we should send word to our friends' families.She looks toward the door keeping out the beetles. Well maybe we can leave the fate of their bodies out. They won't need to know that part, will they?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by onlyme »

Junius chimes in,
I feel safe only adding the gold to my load. The silver may just have to wait. My vote is to leave and continue toward the town This hole isn't very defensible for the lot of us.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"That should be 934 silver coins for each, 41 gold and 9 copper. Leaving 4 gold and a copper, of course..."
"Right!" chirps Tippin. He carefully divides the counted coins into seven piles. When that's done, he shovels his share into his pack. "Come and get it, everyone!"

~~~~~~

Keebler surveys the pile of equipment. He pulls his old shortbow and the chain out of the pile. "Even used, these items are more valuable than silver by weight," he observes. "The crowbar has proven useful as well, but it weighs five pounds and we could buy a replacement for less than a pound of silver. So we should bring it only if someone has the spare carrying capacity."

41gp, 934sp, 9cp added to Tippin's and Kebler's sheets. Additional shortbow and chain added to Keebler's sheet. Also, the flasks of oil are marked as unclaimed, but I think Tippin claimed them (he used all his oil in combat and he has four flasks on his sheet, so he must have claimed them).
Last edited by Zhym on Thu May 25, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by AleBelly »

Canun has a troubled look on his face. "I can't take all the coin." He is visibly agitated. He tosses his bedroll, figuring he can buy another one in town. He looks at the lock and manacles in his bag. What the hell was he planning to do with those? No matter. They were expensive, and the locksmith's daughter was pretty.

In the end, he takes 41 gold pieces and 359 silver, testing the weight of the coins in his pack. He looks at the remaining silver. "I'll give 150 of those to whomever carries them for me" he says, motioning towards the 575 silver pieces.

"Or I can take them and slow us all down." He wipes his nose with the back of his sleeve. It doesn't occur to him that the others could just leave him behind.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Bluehorse »

Mila

Takes her share along with the personal coin she is already carrying and puts them into one of her small sacks. She then secures it tightly and carfully to her backback and seems a little more than surprised as the added weight. She also takes the 4 gold and 1 copper and adds them to the "Party Purse" on her hip. She is a little less steady on her feet but manages to stand upright. He looks around nervously for a little help with her load.

Just like the OOC Post says, I need 1 lb if someone can take a sack or dagger to keep me at 60'... and then this next part occured to me...

After testing the weight she puts her pack down and takes out a ration. She was hungry anyway. After she finishes her little meal she suddenly feels like she was able to walk almost double the speed.

1 ration deducted :) back to 60'

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by onlyme »

Junius takes his gold share and 59 silver into one of his sacks, and places it in his backpack.

He also takes one of the coils of rope, since a good dwarven adventurer never knows when he may have to use one.

I think his encumbrance moved up to around 58.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by dmw71 »

End: Day 2
Start: Day 3
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --