It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:34 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2826
Rainey

"Hey guys, great idea... this'll be awesome. Let's tie a rope around the tree, then we can snake it down into the cave! If there's a drop or something, we can totally use it to climb down. Or get out!"

Rainey will go around to the tree at the top of the hole and hold out his hands for somebody to toss him a rope, or join him. If nobody seems excited about his plan, he'll poke around in the hollow tree with his dagger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
"Perhaps those of us who can see in low light should look inside first," suggests Keebler. "Junius, what do you think?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
"Shhh!" Tippin says to AdaRue in an exaggerated whisper. "We're being quiet!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Takes her arm away from AdaRue and begins rummaging through her backpack. She takes out a surprisingly nice lantern and checks that it is filled with oil. She then holds it up to her with a half guilty look and nods subtly to the cave entrance before raising her thin brows slightly.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Zhym wrote:
"Perhaps those of us who can see in low light should look inside first," suggests Keebler. "Junius, what do you think?"
Bluehorse wrote:
She takes out a surprisingly nice lantern and checks that it is filled with oil. She then holds it up to her with a half guilty look and nods subtly to the cave entrance before raising her thin brows slightly.
What's the group going to do? Send in Keebler and Junius, or light a lantern and enter in any order?

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5834
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius volunteers for a quick glance inside.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3665
Location: Ithaca, NY
Sorry Tippin.

While she normally expect manners to prevail, allowing "ladies first," AdaRue does not press the issue. She stands back and agrees with the plan for the demihumans to enter first. She starts to collect some firewood for later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12899
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

Tom nods at the suggestion for those with dark vision to head down first.

"I have no rope, Rainey. But it's a good idea. Does anyone else have one?"

Knowing his bow will be less useful in the cavern, should they meet anything unsavory, he shoulders it and readies his axe and shield before following Junius.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Alethan wrote:
Tom Cobley
"I have no rope, Rainey. But it's a good idea. Does anyone else have one?"


Watts tosses his rope down to Rainey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
Keelber follows Junius into the dark.

Halflings don't have infravision, do they?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2826
Rainey

Rainey smiles a grateful smile, and gives a wave to Tom and Watts. He will tie one end of Watts' rope to the tree, and toss the other end down into the hole. While the scouts investigate the hole, he'll poke around in the hollow of the fallen tree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Zhym wrote:
Keelber follows Junius into the dark.

Halflings don't have infravision, do they?


Not in LL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12899
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

Tom hangs back, bow ready with an arrow set to string...

Zhym wrote:

Halflings don't have infravision, do they?


Ah, dang. Not in LL. Sorry. :-\

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 pm 
Online
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Setting her belongings on the ground she sees an opportunity to do something and gets to work picking up deadfall for what she hopes will be a warming fire. Shivering but alert she keeps her eyes up, always scanning the trees for danger.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
At the base of the entrance, while Tom hangs back, bow ready with an arrow set to string, Junius and Keebler prepare descend into the opening beneath the tree.

Nearby, Rainey, Tom, and Watts work to tie off an end of rope around around the base of the tree, while Mila joins AdaRue in scrounging the immediate area for firewood.

--

The dwarf and elf manage to make it down the slight decline without much difficulty, deposited onto an uneven, rocky ground with spots of water. The immediate area is still illuminated by the natural sunlight seeping in from overhead, but further down the passage grows dark as it bends slightly to the left.
Attachment:
Cave Passage Slight Bend Left.JPG
Cave Passage Slight Bend Left.JPG [ 240.65 KiB | Viewed 55 times ]



Junius and Keebler can tell that it is several degrees cooler down below than it is topside. A faint, somewhat irregular dripping sound is heard coming from deeper into the cave system.



Actions?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:09 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun pretends to help forage for firewood while waiting for any words from below. He is far less efficient than the others - he just doesn't like physical exertion.

He does stay as close to Tom as possible, knowing he can handle a bow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5834
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius relays what he has seen so far, that they all could at least crawl into the entrance and stay dry while he and Keebler scout ahead.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
"I think it best we stay right here. It's plenty dry enough with the canopy above us. And if something goes and chases those two, they'll need space to get out safely. Something made those tracks, I'm bettin' it's still in there," Watts says.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14208
When Junius returns, Keebler points down the tunnel, suggesting that they explore a little further.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:39 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12899
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

Tom turns his attention to the tunnel entrance in anticipation that the dwarf and elf might come barreling out at any moment and need assistance. He's not sure why he strongly feels this way...

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group