It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Keebler holds a finger to his mouth and points toward the rustling, alerting and hushing the rest of the group. The elf readies his bow, keeping it pointed at the ground, as he peers into the woods. Tom follows suit, unshoulders and readies his bow. "Anyone ever hear anything about the Forest of Balim? I can't say as I have..." he whispers, without response.

"Gather round me" states Canun solemnly, softly, and not without arrogance. "Hubbard will offer protection," he says as he fondles the plain disk that hangs from his neck. Nearby, Mila steps closer to AdaRue, nudging her softly and pointing a slender finger towards Keebler and Tom. She quickly shoulders her pack again and her hand grasp the handle of her dagger awkwardly aware that she stands little chance if things get that bad. The others also ready their weapons.

Rainey looks off in the direction opposite the rustling, checking for anything coming from 'behind', or any noteworthy features nearby. He moves a few steps off the path, away from the disturbance, nominally looking for some firewood as he moves to watch the rear. The magic-user hears leaves and twigs crunch beneath his feet as he steps off the path. With many broken and fallen branches lying about, there is plenty of firewood to be found -- though, some of it may be too wet -- but doesn't notice anything unusual to the group's rear.


Back up front, the elf and halfling archers are unable to gain a visual on the source of the shuffling noise, but do spy a single-file set of tracks of unknown origin leading deeper into the forest.
Attachment:
Tracks.jpeg
Tracks.jpeg [ 32.53 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]


Actions?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 12:59 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Watts Scars

Watts moves over to Keebler and Tippin. "I'm not a tracker but these don't look to hard to follow. What I am good at is keeping quiet and unseen. I'm going to scout ahead and see where these lead." Watts takes his bow off his back and draws an arrow from the quiver, keeping it handy should it be needed, and moves down the path as quietly and stealthily as possible.

Move Silently: 30%
Hide in Shadows: 25%


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
Keebler shrugs and watches Watts follow the tracks. He crouches down and inspects the tracks—do they appear to be from man or animal?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
"I'll come with you!" exclaims Tippin eagerly. "I'm real good at hiding in the wood! Just watch!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Zhym wrote:
"I'll come with you!" exclaims Tippin eagerly. "I'm real good at hiding in the wood! Just watch!"


"Apparently you aren't as good at being quiet," Watts mutters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
"Sure I am!" chirps Tippin cheerfully. "I—oh, I get it. Mum's the word!" he whispers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

"Oh, I'm sure you are," Tom chuckles at the thought of Watts being better at staying unseen in the woods as him or Tippin...

LLpg11 wrote:
Halflings have an uncanny ability to disappear in the wilderness. In bushes or other outdoor cover, halflings can hide with 90% ability.


"Wait up," Tom whispers, "better have another along if Tip is your backup..."

He follows the other two, eyes scanning for danger, letting Watts keep eyes on the trail.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Rainey

Rainey shrugs, and trails behind the bickering 'scouts' as they follow the muddy tracks, keeping an eye out for any signs of the locals. He pauses regularly to catch his breath, and is generally pretty conspicuous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:44 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Watts moves over to Keebler and Tippin. "I'm not a tracker, but these don't look to hard to follow," he says, indicating the tracks -- which do not appear to be man-made -- leading away from their current position and further into the forest. "I'm going to scout ahead and see where these lead," the thief says, taking his bow off his back and drawing an arrow from the quiver, keeping it handy should it be needed.

Ready, he begins to follow the tracks as quietly and stealthily as possible. "I'll come with you!" exclaims Tippin eagerly, and loudly. "Wait up," Tom whispers, "Better have another along if Tip is your backup..." Not wanting to be left behind, Rainey shrugs, and trails behind the bickering 'scouts' as they follow the muddy tracks


While the others wait behind on the trail, the expedition team sets out to follow the discovered tracks and scout ahead. Moving as silently as possible, the foursome follow the tracks, which lead them about 50-feet before bending slightly to the right. Shortly after the bend, the tracks continue another 15-feet and lead directly into an opening at the base of a mature, toppled over tree.
Attachment:
Tree Opening.jpg
Tree Opening.jpg [ 282.52 KiB | Viewed 96 times ]




Actions?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:00 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

Tom frowns at the conspicuous human following them. "We gotta use our strengths to our advantage, mate, if we're gonna make it out here. I love ya like a brother, Rainey, but ya wheeze like old man Forwarty when he's four pints in. Best to let the sneaks do the sneaking..." He gives Rainey a warm smile to show he's just watching out for his friend.

Carefully eyeing the hole in the ground, he turns to the others and whispers, "Looks like a good place to keep dry, excepting the fact that it might already be occupied. Maybe we should go back and get the others? Safety in numbers an' all that?"

If no one disagrees, Tom runs back to get the others and bring them back to the cave entrance.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
"Good idea!" says Tippin, sotto voce. "Then maybe someone sneaky should look inside?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
"Get the others Tom, we'll wait here for you. Once you get back, we'll take a quick look inside to see what this is about." While Tom goes back for the others, Watts will scout around the area to make sure no one sneaks up on them while waiting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

Tom heads back to the main group.

"We found a cave. Looks like it might be good protection from the elements. And maybe a little adventure, to boot! Come on!"

Without waiting for a reply, he turns and heads back the way he came, going towards the cave once more.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
Keebler follows along.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1840
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Looks up to Tom and listens, then looks up to AdaRue questioningly.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Rainey

Rainey goes up to the edge of the hollowed out area beneath the tree, and peers in, to see how deep it goes. The picture looks like a hollow beneath a tree that tipped over a while ago, above a cave... no exposed roots to indicate it's a hollow exposed by a recently tipped over tree. Not sure if it would matter, but does this hole look "established" or like the tree just fell down?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12898
Location: Midwest
drpete wrote:
Rainey goes up to the edge of the hollowed out area beneath the tree, and peers in...


hahaha... at first I thought that said, "pees"

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue crowns at the notion of using anywhere but the town.Boys... Always looking to find trouble. But the notion of a dry cave and something out of the ordinary is tempting, particularly since most anyone with a weapon has gone that way. She is the stragglers ahead, Well we wanted a dry place, so let's get to it, shall we?

Once at the edge of the cave, she asks (loudly), What's it like inside? Acorns and such?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun lets his holy symbol fall from his grasp as he readies his mace and shield. He stands behind the others, watching, and offering words of correction when they don't do things the way he would do them. He glances behind from time to time, nervous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
"Looks like a good place to keep dry, excepting the fact that it might already be occupied," Tom starts. "Maybe we should go back and get the others? Safety in numbers an' all that?" After no one disagrees with the plan, Tom, followed by Keebler, runs back to get the others and lead them to the cave entrance.

During Tom's and Keebler's absence, Rainey moves to the edge of the hollowed out area beneath the tree, which has been in its tipped position for a long time, and peers in. The opening appears to feature a short, roughly 10-foot descent into a natural limestone cave below with a rough, uneven floor. You suspect getting down the slope can be navigated without the need for rope or other assistance; getting back up, however, will be a bit more difficult. Aside from the area immediately below, which benefits from the little sunlight able to protrude through the leafy forest covering overhead, the cave below is dark.
Attachment:
Tree Opening.jpg
Tree Opening.jpg [ 282.52 KiB | Viewed 64 times ]


Tom, Keebler, and the others appear a couple minutes later and the group stands before the opening. "Well, we wanted a dry place," AdaRue says loudly at the mouth of the entrance. "So let's get to it, shall we?"



Actions?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:04 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group