It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey

As the others gather by the entrance, Rainey will stay up above it for a bit. He'll search the area above the hole, especially looking in and around the tree for signs of the occupants of the cave. That this keeps him out of the hollow at the front of the cave is just a bonus, for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Canun, sticking near Tom, who stays close to the cave entrance, joins the others that remained topside in foraging for usable firewood, which is relatively plentiful. Rainey, meanwhile, pays particular attention to the tree itself, looking intently for signs of any occupants of the cave. Aside from disrupting a raccoon nest, which strongly angers the mother raccoon, no real evidence is found aside from a variety of footprints in many shapes and sizes -- some small, humanlike; plus other various animal species.

Several minutes later, Junius returns to the surface with some assistance from Tom, and confirms that exiting the cave is much more difficult than entering it.

The dwarf shares their initial findings, and suggests that everyone join them underground for additional cover, but is rebuked by Watts. "I think it best we stay right here," the thief starts. "It is plenty dry enough with the canopy above us. And if something goes wrong down below, they'll need space to get out safely."

Not contesting the rejection, Junius returns back below the surface.

---


Moving Keebler and Junius here: I. Tree Cave. Everyone else can continue to post intended actions for their topside characters, or simply wait for something further to develop down below.


Actions?



---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:26 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 pm
Posts: 12904
Location: Midwest
Tom Cobley

"Well, I won't let them have all the exploring fun themselves! Besides... if they get into trouble, they might need some help."

Tom follows Junius, sliding down to the cave entrance. Before he enters, however, he shoulders his shield and lights a torch. Then he enters the cave...

Deducting 1 torch from inventory.

_________________
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Looks up as she puts her bundle of sticks on the ground listening to the exchange between the men. She seems a little taken at the idea of going into the dark cave, apparently having assumed it would be shallow and they would stay in the entrance for cover and a warm fire, nothing more. Now the very real prospect of following the party into the recesses of the unknown earth or staying in the unknown open wood, possibly alone, causes her to turn a slightly paler shade of white. She looks around to see who is actually going to follow down into the ominous hole.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey

Taking the scouts at their word that they want yo go in ahead of everyone, Rainey checks out the little, human-like footprints. Are they "tiny" like a racoon sized things, or sort of halfling/goblin sized? If they seem likely to be the racoon prints, he'll move on, but if they seem like they might really be small humanoid tracks, is there, maybe a sign of how they get in and out of the hole? Maybe the little prints can reveal a set of good footholds?

I'm ready to go into the tunnel, but we seem to have set up a "wait for them to call for help" thing, here...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
We could always follow them if we haven't heard anything in x amount of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3674
Location: Ithaca, NY
Heading the report, AdaRue brushes her hands off and retrieves her broom before following Tom down the rope. She saved the others along. Just for a little bit. Could be fun! Then she blushes. Having worked as a midwife's apprentice, she knows what trouble that sentiment can cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:23 am
Posts: 1842
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Mila

Seeing AdaRue heading into the cave is enough to prompt the wisp of a girl into action, she grabs up her belongings and hurries after, her lantern ready in her off hand, leaving her right free to grab her little dagger should the need become desperate.

_________________
Brett
~A.K.A. Bluehorse




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun sighs as he considers his options. Head below with the others or stay above alone, where there is no obvious danger.

He looks to Rainey. "Surely we don't want to crowd our friends down there. I suggest we bravely set up watch here. We can proceed below if there are cries for help" he suggests.

If Rainey proceeds below, Canun will follow, however reluctantly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey

Rainey shrugs. "Let's give it... five minutes? If they're not back, there must be something interesting in the cave..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Watts follows along with the others,leaving the other two to stand watch if that is their desire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
While everyone else drops down into the cave entrance beneath the tree, Canun and Rainey remain topside to keep watch, and will await a signal from below before entering themselves.


Actions... if any?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:27 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey

Rainey will continue to work to try to solve the "getting out of the hole" question... As a weak, fat guy, he doesn't really want to go into a hole he might not be able to climb out of. He'll try to turn the rope into a ladder by tying foot loops into it. He invites Canun to try to climb up and down the makeshift ladder.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun watches Rainey tie loops. Instead, he offers helpful hints such as "to hold our feet, the loops should be circular. Make sure those knots are tight..."

He is happy to test out the ladder with his 194 pound frame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Canun and Rainey successfully fasten a length of rope around the remaining trunk of the knocked over tree which revealed the cave their companions are now exploring. While a significant amount of rope was needed to circle the tree and secure it in place, more than half of it is still available. Mila, the next in line to descend, agrees to bring the loose end down with her.

A fit of lightning, followed by a crash of thunder shortly thereafter, is heard.


Actions... if any?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:28 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

Rolls
    None

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 am
Posts: 2252
Location: Baltimore MD
Watts moves further into the cavern looking for his missing companions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Hearing shouts from below, Canun turns to Rainey. "It's up to us to save them. Hubbard will watch over us" says the pudgy cleric as he descends the rope ladder to join the others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 2
Rainey and Canun, hearing the sounds of battle below, assemble at the point of entry, but join Watts in waiting for space to clear down below so they have room to enter.

Actions... if any?


---

Date: 20 Februarius, Year 7102
Time: 13:29 (Sunrise: 06:45, Sunset: 17:43)
Temp: 53F (48F dungeon)
Conditions:
    Winds, N 13mph
    Heavy Rain
Light Sources:
    None
Known Spells in Effect:
    None

Character Status
    Mila: MU 1 | Mv: 120/40 | AC: 9 | HP: 4 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1
    Keebler: Elf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6 | HP: 6 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Shortbow (20)
    Tippin: Halfling 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7/6/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Std Leather, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (20)
    Junius: Dwarf 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 8/7 | HP: 10 | Armor: Leather, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling
    AdaRue: Cleric 1 | Mv: 90/30 | AC: 7 | HP: 5 | Armor: Std Leather | Weapons: Staff | Spells: 1st: 1
    Tom: Halfling 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow, Dagger
    Canun: Cleric 1 | Mv: 60/20 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1
    Watts: Thief 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20)
    Rainey: MU 1 | Mv: 90" | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st 1

Rolls
    None

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2833
Rainey

Rainey will prepare, once space opens up, to go into the tunnel to join the others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 0. Prelude
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11053
Location: Chicago, Illinois
I will assume that all characters will be reunited down below.

Locking this thread for now.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group