OOC I

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

OOC I

#1 Post by dmw71 »

Out of character discussions will go here.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#3 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:so is this one officially dead? or is there a possibility of it coming back?
As I discussed here, it's definitely not dead. Just hibernating. :D

I still don't know when I'll have the amount of time needed to run a daily game again, but I will. My focus now is on running Skype games, every other week, which I can prepare for in the odd chunks of time I do have available.

When this game does kick off again, I'll take the pulse of the players that were involved to see who's still interested and we'll take it from there. If you were to ask me right now, since so much time has passed and I really have no clue where things left off, I'd probably lean towards trying to reboot the game -- either Barrowmaze again, or I have another dungeon in mind we could start fresh with.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Bluehorse »

Okay, no problem. I was unsure what it intaled when this game was moved to the other forum. Just for future reference, I'm available but doesn't have to be daily if that is cool with everyone else. Im good with weekly if that is what needs to happen. Just throwing it out there.

Happy your life is settling so that you can play again Dave! It's good to see you on here again.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:I'm available but doesn't have to be daily if that is cool with everyone else. Im good with weekly if that is what needs to happen. Just throwing it out there.
When I first joined the boards here, it seemed like most games were on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday posting schedule. At the time, I found that pace to be frustratingly slow. I don't think too many players were in multiple games at that time (maybe they were?), but that seems to be pretty common now, so maybe things will be different?

I could probably keep up with an every-other-day posting frequency, if you guys wanted, so let's officially open up the discussion.

According to my records, there were a dozen players currently involved:

Alethan
Pulpatoon
onlyme
Xaxyx
Zhym
drpete
ravenn4544
AleBelly
Scott308
Spartakos
sexyhamster
Bluehose

I have created a poll to gauge everyones interest. Feel free to vote in it, and continue to discuss the options here.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

If you do reboot, it would be nice if we could keep our existing characters to save the time of rolling up new ones.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:If you do reboot, it would be nice if we could keep our existing characters to save the time of rolling up new ones.
I have no problem with this.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

It's good for me. I can post more or less daily, with the exception being the weekends when it is hit or miss. But i feel good with a one post a week rate. I have a couple games that are more "role play" heavy than "roll play" where the DM post one main event a week and the rest of us go off of it and bounce off each others RP during the week as able unless we are in combat. I'm happy with whatever as long as i can be more or less excused for Friday and Sunday nights since i am commuting.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

Announcements
While there hasn't been much response (or rather, commitment) to the idea of the game reopening, I spent this weekend preparing as if the game will reopen sooner rather than later. Once it does, it will be at a somewhat slower posting rate (but no slower than every other day without advanced notice).

A few notes:
  • The game will be rebooting.
  • Because of this, most of the old game information (e.g. action threads, town threads, etc...) have been moved, as they will no longer be relevant. (I did not delete them, however, so they can be made available again if anyone is curious, or if there are any questions about something that has happened in the past to a current character.)
  • I just finished updating the 'House Rules' which I encourage all players to take a look at.
    • If any current characters are to be kept, they will be grandfathered into the original character generation rules and will not be altered (positively or negatively).
    • Any new character created from this point on will be subject to these new rules.
    • All carried over and new characters alike will abide by the new house rules governing general gameplay.
  • Obviously, any player that was involved in the game at the time it was put on hiatus will be allowed to continue. Please reply here to confirm your spot.
  • Any current player will have the option of keeping their current character(s) or creating a new character(s).
  • Ideally, I'd like to cap adventuring party sizes at around 6, give or take 1-2. There were 12 active players at the time the game was put on hold, so here is what I'm thinking:
    • If more than 8 players return, we will keep two groups (which may be consolidated into a single group at a future time).
    • If 5-8 players return, we will run with a single group from the start.
    • If fewer than 5 players return, I will recruit to add a number of players needed to reach 5 or 6.
I will be sending a note to Greg to return this game from the archives. When the game will actually start will depend upon how soon I receive responses from the current players.

So as to not delay the momentum I'm feeling right now, I will give all current players until end-of-day Wednesday (02/15) to claim their spots, and will begin recruiting on Thursday morning, if necessary.

Bottom line, it looks like this game will be set to relaunch sometime late next week -- I'm thinking either Thursday (if no new players) or on Friday (if new players are needed).
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Zhym »

One day, I hope to have a player in one of your games get an XP award before dying. ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:One day, I hope to have a player in one of your games get an XP award before dying.
Boom!

viewtopic.php?p=253624#p253624
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Zhym »

The up-front XP bonus doesn't count. :p I'm talking about an Xp award from successfully making it out on an adventure and back at least once without dying.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:The up-front XP bonus doesn't count.
Fair enough. No guarantees, as a mega-dungeon is not a safe place, but we'll see what we can do.

You are in again, correct?
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by dmw71 »

Bluehorse wrote:I will reserve my spot with Mila. Thank You! :D
You're in.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Zhym »

dmw71 wrote:You are in again, correct?
I think so. I'm not sure whether I'll re-use Keebler or Tippin or roll up a new character, though.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:
dmw71 wrote:You are in again, correct?
I think so.
I've got you in.

I just created a 'Reboot Roster' where I will be tracking the players and characters in the new game. If your name is not on this new topic, and you intend to play, do let me know here in this ooc thread.
-- Project --
-- DM --

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:Announcements
While there hasn't been much response (or rather, commitment) to the idea of the game reopening, I spent this weekend preparing as if the game will reopen sooner rather than later. Once it does, it will be at a somewhat slower posting rate (but no slower than every other day without advanced notice).

So as to not delay the momentum I'm feeling right now, I will give all current players until end-of-day Wednesday (02/15) to claim their spots, and will begin recruiting on Thursday morning, if necessary.

Uhhh.... I just happened to scroll my browser to the bottom and saw there were new posts in the archived section. Glad I looked. It is possible your other players have not noticed these posts as well. A PM might be prudent.

Of course, I'm in for any game you DM...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:Uhhh.... I just happened to scroll my browser to the bottom and saw there were new posts in the archived section. Glad I looked. It is possible your other players have not noticed these posts as well. A PM might be prudent.

Of course, I'm in for any game you DM...
You're in. Will you be keeping Junius, or rolling a new character?

As for the game, I sent a PM to Greg last night to have the game unarchived, so hopefully that will happen soon. That should help.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Zhym »

If we want to roll up new PCs, should we go ahead and get started or do you want us to wait?

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”