OOC I

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#301 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote: Dave, I took this to mean G3 died. But, he fired the shot that hit Tom. So, what collapsed?
I wrote that outcome intentionally vague.

Yes, G3 did get seriously wounded, but it also lost its bow when it rolled a 1. It looked like it collapsed from your distance and vantage point, but it actually needed to switch bows with G2 (which is actually dead, and lying on the ground), and also seek cover after attacking.

So, G1 and G3 are still behind the table (with G3 being heavily wounded), and you're aware of a fourth goblin (G4) that is... somewhere?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Zhym »

How much of an AC bonus are the goblins getting for being behind the table but sticking their heads up? Does Keebler get any AC advantage from firing behind the corner of the passage?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#303 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:How much of an AC bonus are the goblins getting for being behind the table but sticking their heads up?
Either +1 or +2 (or -1 or -2) depending on whether they win imitative or not -- +2/-2 if they act first; +1/-1 if the party acts first.
Zhym wrote:Does Keebler get any AC advantage from firing behind the corner of the passage?
As for Keebler, unless he's a lefty, he would need to fully come into the passage in order to aim and get off a shot, so I didn't him a cover bonus this time (which, I believe, is the first time he's been targeted).

Regardless, if his plan is to duck behind the corner, pop out to take a shot, then duck behind the corner again, I have no problem extending the same +/-1 or 2 bonus to him as well. But, to clarify, by virtue of him being assigned a cover bonus means that he can potentially be considered a target each round. As for this most recent round, where he was struck, even a +2 cover bonus would not have made a difference, but, going forward, it is something that I will factor in if/when he is targeted again.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Zhym »

Thanks. Looks like short range might have mattered if we'd won initiative, but we didn't, so it doesn't.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#305 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Thanks. Looks like short range might have mattered if we'd won initiative, but we didn't, so it doesn't.
To this point, you guys are soooo close to short range... but not quite.
Short.jpg
Short.jpg (113.8 KiB) Viewed 271 times
[/ooc]
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#306 Post by dmw71 »

Apologies (maybe?) for the rapid-fire updates. I'm off work today and tomorrow, leaving me with a lot more free time than normal, and the updates felt safe as the two groups were pretty set in what they were doing.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#308 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:"Hey, nice job!" Tippin tells Omdog. "Um, ask him what he knows about the goblins and where we can rest up safely and all that, would ya?"
To clarify, Grosh is not charmed. That said, he is (obviously) receptive to talking with the group... and did listen to Omdog. He's just not under magical influence.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Zhym »

Thanks. Edited.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#310 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Thanks. Edited.
Well, you may not know that.... but, Omdog probably would. Regardless, his leading the conversation has gotten you this far.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by Zhym »

OTOH, would Tippin know that Omdog was casting a spell? Maybe he thinks Omdog is just really good at making friends.

kensanata
Tracker
Tracker

#312 Post by kensanata »

Zhym wrote:Maybe he thinks Omdog is just really good at making friends.
He is, he is!! :D
I run a blog. I also run a site for campaign wikis. I wrote a face generator, a character generator, a dungeon mapper, a Traveller subsector generator, and a hex map generator (editable as text).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Zhym »

The fellow halfling is wearing chain armor, which Tippin determines is going to be far too long on him without serious modification
Are we really playing armor fitting that tight (as it were)? Tippin's lucky to find any armor that's halfling sized at all. It seems sort of odd to make Tom's height an issue when it was never mentioned as unusual before (Tom being, by his sheet, a full foot taller than most halflings. Proportionally, Tom being 4'1 would be like an 8'+ human).

kensanata
Tracker
Tracker

#314 Post by kensanata »

As I keep writing more I think need a translator instead of just improvising. Does anybody have a good English to Goblin translator? The last passage was translated using http://www.screwytruths.com/Goblin.html
I run a blog. I also run a site for campaign wikis. I wrote a face generator, a character generator, a dungeon mapper, a Traveller subsector generator, and a hex map generator (editable as text).

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#315 Post by dmw71 »

kensanata wrote:Does anybody have a good English to Goblin translator? The last passage was translated using http://www.screwytruths.com/Goblin.html
I'm sure there are others, but that's the one I've been using.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#316 Post by dmw71 »

Zhym wrote:Are we really playing armor fitting that tight (as it were)?
I'm surprised you'd think I'd play another way. Tom is listed at 4'01" (65-pounds) and Tippin is listed at 3'02" (65-pounds)... it is what it is.

Tippin can wear it, but it would be like a dress on him without modification. You're welcome to get creative. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by Zhym »

Well, now that you bring it up, I guess I wouldn't expect any different from you. ;)

Except for the part about a 4'1 hobbit. BtB, "Halflings are even smaller than dwarves, being about 60 pounds and only attaining a height of around 3 feet." (LL p. 11).

Tippin would be fine wearing a chain mail dress until he can get it altered (assuming he survives long enough, which, yeah).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'm sure someone has a pair of tin snips somewhere. :?

If AdaRue wasn't grieving and in shock of the tackiness of it all, she would suggest putting the mail shirt on the wooden table Tom requested, then use his sword to hack off a few inches form the hem and the sleeves. Surely TOm requested the table for such a purpose, since he clearly didn't wait to use it as a giant shield. :P

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#319 Post by dmw71 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote: If AdaRue wasn't grieving and in shock of the tackiness of it all, she would suggest putting the mail shirt on the wooden table Tom requested, then use his sword to hack off a few inches form the hem and the sleeves.
There's some of that creativity I was talking about. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Awww... Shucks! Thanks Dave.

Return to “Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)”