It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun stands ready with his tinderbox. He is scared out of his wits and unable to speak...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4118
Location: Ithaca, NY
Continuing Canun's work, AdaRue uses another 2 flasks of oil to coat the floor and kobolds on the left side of the intersection. She urges the others to flee the way they came. Once everyone is across the oil slick, she helps Canun light it, creating a wall of fire between the party and the combination of grub, goblins and wolves. Let them fight each other. she says as she flees with the others.

Vernon wastes no time in fleeing as directed, running back the way the party came, trying to outpace the smoke.

2 flasks deducted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius and Sacro follow the plan and move swiftly with the others.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Let Them Burn!
Canun and AdaRue splatter oil throughout the kobold-covered hallway, paying particular attention towards making sure the unexplored area is fully coated, and falling back slightly with a tinder box readied to ignite the area... only, a new threat never arrives, and while the barking continues, they sound as if they're retreating.

With Junius, and everyone else, now standing outside the large room with the giant maggot-like creature, the group finds themselves seemingly surrounded by threats... but, somehow, in a somewhat "safe" spot.
Attachment:
Waiting.jpg
Waiting.jpg [ 100.09 KiB | Viewed 51 times ]



---


Actions?


---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 11:13 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Canun: Light (on Wolf) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:19)
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)
    Rainey: Sleep (on Maggot #1) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 12:09)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (24) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (16) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (23) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (23) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (18)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15136
Keebler steps back several feet and waits for the maggot to reach the intersection. His bow is ready in case it is needed.

Horatio also moves away from the intersection and readies his bow. "Someone get ready to light up the oil when the big damn maggot gets here?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Zhym wrote:
Keebler steps back several feet and waits for the maggot to reach the intersection.
I had Junius close the door when leaving, per this.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15136
I thought that was canceled by the intervening update and the stated plan to introduce the goblins to the maggot.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
That works for me. The door is open!

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 0
The giant grub with flailing face tentacles erupts through the opened double-doors, moving with freakish quickness! It becomes immediately apparent that the creature can easily outpace anyone in the group, with the exception of possibly the armor-free Rainey.
Attachment:
Round 0.jpg
Round 0.jpg [ 64.31 KiB | Viewed 37 times ]


With no threat detected coming from the unexplored area, it pauses briefly to survey the area. Ignoring the already dead kobolds, it spies the group as its lone threat and eyes them with evil intentions.


---


Actions?


---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 11:14 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Canun: Light (on Wolf) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:19)
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)
    Rainey: Sleep (on Maggot #1) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 12:09)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (24) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (16) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (23) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (23) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (18)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15136
"Light it!" cries Horatio. When he has a shot at the grub, he takes it.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3 [1d8] = 6

~~~

Keebler also fires at the grub as soon as he has a shot.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 10, [1d8] = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius fires harmlessly toward the slug.
Shortbow [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6; [1d6] = 2

[who is or can light the fire? Does Sacro need to, or is there someone without a weapon that would be more logical? [/ooc]

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4118
Location: Ithaca, NY
Vernon follows suit, firing an arrow at the grubby thing while backpedaling a bit. That thing's fast! he utters uselessly.

Short Bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 10, dmg [1d6] = 3

AdaRue pulls out another flask of oil hurts it sort-of-kind-of nowhere near the grub. She falls back, hoping the grub will be deterred by the fire on the floor.

Ale already said that Canun was ready to light the oil, so I'm guessing he will.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Sacro fires a lone arrow toward the creature, hoping it hits something important.

longbow [1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19 ; [1d8] = 5

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 1
The group gets a closer look at the huge cephalopod, which continues to act with surprising quickness:
Attachment:
Carcass Scavenger.jpg
Carcass Scavenger.jpg [ 41.84 KiB | Viewed 26 times ]


The abomination overtakes Dimly, who, along with Junius, continue to form the front rank. Eight 2-foot long flailing tentacles, each exuded a gummy secretion, lash out at the frontline dwarf. Dimly, cursing in anger, manages to fend off attack after attack, but eventually allows one of the gooey tentacles to reach past his defenses. The dwarf's cursing abruptly comes to a halt, as does all of his movement, as every muscle in his body begins to tighten until he eventually stands frozen in place!

"Light it!" cries Horatio as he lets loose an arrow from his long bow... which accidently sinks into the back of Dimly, their newly paralyzed companion unable to move out of harms way. Keebler, Vernon, and Junius also fires wildly at the grub, missing the massive creature as it darts to-and-fro, the sharp claws at the end of each of its eight legs tapping loudly against the cobblestone floor. Sacro proves to be more successful with his ranged attack, sinking a perfectly placed shot into the third body segment.

One of Canun or AdaRue manages to light and toss a torch into the oil-soaked floor, which is mostly on the opposite side of the hallway, but not completely. The creature hisses as the flame catches it.
Attachment:
Round 1.jpg
Round 1.jpg [ 58.99 KiB | Viewed 26 times ]


The carcass scavenger, seeking relief and escape from the flames, takes to the far wall and begins to easily climb it and shuffles over to the ceiling where it effortlessly looms over the rest of the party and surveys the group for its next victim... or victims.



---

The creature will take one round worth of damage from the flaming oil,
per my rule: Torches and Flaming Oil.


Actions?


---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 11:15 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Canun: Light (on Wolf) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:19)
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)
    Rainey: Sleep (on Maggot #1) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 12:09)
    Dimly: Paralyzed (Expires: Unknown)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (23) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (15) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (22) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (22) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-6 = 2 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (17)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15136
"Dangit, Dimly!" Horatio calls out. "You messed up my shot!"

"Oh, hell no," he says when the grub heads for the ceiling. "That's just not fair." At least now he has a clear shot...probably.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19 [1d8] = 6

~~~~~

Keebler also fires, but he's not used to shooting at the ceiling.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 10, [1d8] = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 4118
Location: Ithaca, NY
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
Continuing Canun's work, AdaRue uses another 2 flasks of oil to coat the floor and kobolds on the left side of the intersection... creating a wall of fire between the party and the combination of grub, goblins and wolves.

I thought that would put the fire further left, not that it makes much difference in mechanics, I guess. And this way, if we kill the thing, any survivors can get back into the room. Beautiful fire graphic, by the way. Makes it look like a forest fire.

AdaRue slings a stone, cursing the banded mail she thought had been refitted.

Vernon tries continues to miss everything he shoots at.

Short Bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 5, dmg [1d6] = 6
Sling [1d20] = 1, dmg [1d4] = 2
The roller hates me. I swear it. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 6102
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius fires ineffectively.
Shortbow [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9; [1d6] = 1


Sacro will attempt to chant the magical words to put the thing to sleep.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:57 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8176
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
"He's dead!" cries Canun dramatically as he sees Dimly fall. Horrified at the sight of the maggot climbing the wall, he runs west to the back of the party.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11285
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 2
The creature quickly scuttles across the ceiling to the opposite side of the party, far from the fire, and settles behind Rainey. While still clinging overhead, the scavenger flails its tentacles at the unarmored user of magic in the rear ranks and Rainey suffers a similar fate as Dimly.

Once the group is able to retaliate, some combination of arrows, bolts, stones, or a 'Sleep' spell cause the creature to come crashing to the ground -- dead!
Attachment:
Round 2.jpg
Round 2.jpg [ 71.16 KiB | Viewed 9 times ]


Now behind the combat, the fire begins to thin.


---



Actions?


---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 11:17 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    Canun: Light (on Wolf) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:19)
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)
    Rainey: Sleep (on Maggot #1) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 12:09)
    Dimly: Paralyzed (Expires: Unknown)
    Rainey: Paralyzed (Expires: Unknown)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (22) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4-2 = 2 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (15) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (21) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-6 = 2 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (16)
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 15136
"Well, that worked out all right," says Horatio, whose definition of "all right" apparently includes two party members being paralyzed. "Sure would be handy to be able to freeze people like that thing can do. I wonder if it's possible to harvest its freezy juices? I mean, without getting all frozen yourself?"

~~~~~

"Perhaps we should relocate back into the cavern to the left once the fires are passable," suggests Keebler


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group