It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:27 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Altar Room
Those already in the room hold their positions, while those yet to enter begin to do so. AdaRue summons her divine powers to cast her final spell for the day -- Protection From Evil -- on herself and boldly moves towards the altar, shedding light a bit further into the room, but not yet fully reaching the far wall or corner. Canun lights his lantern and stands at the entryway.

The deep goblin voice again repeats "Be seated," as the others enter the room.
Attachment:
R01.png
R01.png [ 789.86 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]


Vernon, with his bow drawn, also enters and positions himself near Junius. The fighting man lets loose his drawn arrow at the thin figure but his projectile sails wide. The figure slowly turns around, its form now fully basked in light, reveals itself to be a skeleton, or skeletal in nature. It does not advance, but stares in the direction of the party with hollowed out eye sockets.

The faint stench of death still lingers in the air. A bit more strongly now to those already in the room.

---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 9:40 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (19)
  • NPC: Rothal
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rothal
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rothal
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (5e)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius asks, Who are you? and Why should we sit?

Sacro nocks an arrow and prepares to fire.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14718
Horatio tries to stay hidden as he works his way around the wall. He does not sit.

Keebler remains near the door, bow at the ready.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Altar Room
Juinus and Sacro fan out slightly and, for the most part, bring the room into complete view. While there are no other visible exits to the area, there also don't appear to be any other threats... unless they're lingering in the furthest dark corner.

Horatio sneaks past Keebler and Canun at the mouth of the entrance and hugs the wall to the right, hiding behind some a grouping of rocks that appear to have long ago fallen away from the wall or ceiling and now rest on the floor in the corner.
Attachment:
R02.png
R02.png [ 795.42 KiB | Viewed 103 times ]


"Who are you? And why should we sit?" Junius calls out at the thin, skeletal figure, but there is no response. The lifeless figure also shows no hint of reaction to the spread out and approaching party members.


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 9:41 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (19)
  • NPC: Rothal
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rothal
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rothal
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (5e)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:12 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: Ithaca, NY
Vernon continues to circle counter clockwise around the room. He fires another shot nowhere near the skeletal figure. He groans in embarrassment.
Short Bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 3, dmg [1d6] = 6

AdaRue walks counterclockwise around the altar, shield at the ready. She holds her holy symbol in her hand and commands the skeleton to flee.
Turn! [2d6] = 7, HD Turned [2d6] = 5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 64
He's the bait, Dimly says,nodding at the figure. Where's the trap? The dwarf sidles around the benches (heading20 feet northeast). Whatever you do, don't sit down.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8055
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun rubs the disk hanging from his neck as he chants in a crude language. Casts Detect Magic

He strides forward slowly, looking for anything that emanates a magical aura. He will start with the benches, working his way towards the altar.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius and Sacro continue to circle around each side, hoping that any attack would not be able to target both at once. They keep their arrows aimed at the skeleton.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Altar Room
Sacro and Dimly circle to their right, while Junius and Vernon continue their sweep in the opposite direction. Dimly cautions that the skeleton is just bait... and wonders aloud what the actual trap is. Vernon continues the offensive, and lets loose another arrow at the skeletal figure which sails wide.

Canun slowly steps into the room and towards the altar. "Be seated," the goblin voice flatly commands as he enters. He and AdaRue approach the altar and, with their new proximity to it, they notice a goblin relief carved into the front of it -- a single, hideous goblin face with pointed ears and a twisted expression on its face. Canun rubs the disk hanging from his neck and prays to Hubbard, calling for a 'Detect Magic' spell. The spell is granted, and abrasive cleric scans the room for any hint of magic -- the only thing that glows is this goblin relief, with the area of its mouth glowing the brightest. AdaRue begins to circle the altar to her left; with her shield braced in front of her, she produces her holy symbol and commands the skeleton to flee -- it does, backing its way to the far wall before turning and retreating towards the furthest corner, nearest to Sacro and Dimly.
Attachment:
Turned.png
Turned.png [ 608.82 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]


The skeleton drops to its knees, still facing the far corner. It speaks weakly, but determinedly, in the common tongue: “Bring an end to this terrible existence.... but tell my daughter Winifry I always loved her."


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 9:42 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (19)
  • NPC: Rothal
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rothal
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rothal
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (5e)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius takes the opportunity to search his side of the room as the others are managing with the depressed father skeleton.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:35 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: Ithaca, NY
While prodding at the wrecked benches with his bow, Vernon asks who she is and where to find her. And how did you get to be a skeleton?

AdaRue stays where she is, hoping to keep the skeletal figure pinned into a corner.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14718
A chill comes over Keebler's bones. "What happened to you?" he asks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8055
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun inspects the magical mouth hole without touching it. Does it look like something fits in it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Altar Room
Rothal, still lingering by the entrance, hears the name Winifry and immediately enters the room, approaching the skeleton cowering dejectedly in the corner.

As the warden enters, the deep goblin voice is heard again: "Be seated." Canun, studying the goblin relief on the pedestal, observes a mouth -- but not the mouth -- on the goblin face open and close with the goblin words being spoken -- a 'magic mouth' spell triggered to utter that single phrase any time anyone or anything enters the room.

The warden reaches the skeleton. "Only Winifry I know is Milo's girl -- he went missing months ago." Rothal sighs, then grasps the exposed cranium of the creature and twists forcefully. What remains of the skeletal frame collapses to the ground in a heap of bones, leaving Rothal clutching the now severed head. "I'll see to it that the family is notified," he says, dropping to a knee and placing the skull atop the collection of scattered bones. After uttering a brief prayer, he rises to his feet and retreats to the entrance in silence where he stands alone and waits for the group to finish whatever business they still wish to conduct.

Junius, whom has been inspecting the room while the rest focus on the skeleton, is unable to find any loose treasure and determines that the only features in the room are the blood-stained altar, the large pedestal with the relief of a goblin face carved into its side, the dark stone that surround the pedestal, and the wooden benches that have been smashed and lie on the floor.


---

No map update.


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 9:49 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (19)
  • NPC: Rothal
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rothal
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rothal
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (5e)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius suggests they continue down other passage ways, then. There is much to explore and they dont want to get caught in a trap.
If others agree, he will head south again until they get to the western leading passage way. (to head toward the rockpile, I thin there were a couple of unexplored branches there)

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3928
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue stares at Rogan a moment before launching into motherly mode. Rogan, your friend could have been our best chance for help in these tunnels. I know he was begging for mercy, but next time think before you act. Was it even the size of your friend? She is clearly frustrated that each of their leads up to this point have died before they could divulge any information: the bullied goblin, the guard in the stinky room, the torturer...

Vernon's jaw drops as she chastises a hero of the town.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14718
Keebler says nothing, but thinks that Rogan could at least have waited for the skeleton to answer his question before killing it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, ain't nothing good in here. Let's move on," says Horatio.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11123
Location: Chicago, Illinois
On the Move
Rothal is chastised for his impulsive act of mercy, and the wounded warrior falls quiet, and obedient. His sullen behavior makes the group wonder if the warden isn't contemplating an escape from the group if the opportunity presents itself.

Junius and Horatio urge the group to press on, and the dwarf assumes the lead once again.

Exiting the altar room, Junius takes the first right turn:
Attachment:
Right Turn.jpg
Right Turn.jpg [ 37.89 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


Which leads the group past the practice room, from which Rothal was originally freed:
Attachment:
Practice Room (Rothal).jpg
Practice Room (Rothal).jpg [ 48.66 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


Past the guard room, where the runt goblin Gooban was freed... before being killed:
Attachment:
Guard Room (Gooban).jpg
Guard Room (Gooban).jpg [ 46.02 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


Before ultimately ending up at the main entry passage:
Attachment:
Main Entry Passage.jpg
Main Entry Passage.jpg [ 50.95 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


Junius turns right at this main passage to enter deeper into the goblin halls. Rothal pauses briefly before following the others, realizing turning left represents the way home, but Canun still trailing behind him twarts him of any plans on escaping.


The group travels for a long stretch -- easily over 100-feet -- before Junius reaches the "stinky" room:
Attachment:
Stinky Room.jpg
Stinky Room.jpg [ 57.9 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


AdaRue, still haunted with bad memories of triggering the flame trap, urges the group forward. After maybe 60 more feet, progress is halted again once Junius reaches another left-hand branch:
Attachment:
Left, or Ahead.jpg
Left, or Ahead.jpg [ 54.25 KiB | Viewed 28 times ]


Straight ahead, Junius remembers, is the caved in area. The area to the left has not been previously explored.


---


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 4 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 10:03 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 62F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Breezy
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    AdaRue: Protection From Evil (on AdaRue) (Expires: 4 Martius @ 11:40)

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 2, 1, 0 (Light, Protection From Evil)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 2, 1 (Detect Magic, Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
    Vernon | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Chain, Shield | Weapons: Bastard Sword, Shortbow (19)
  • NPC: Rothal
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Junius

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rothal
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Vernon
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rothal
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (5e)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14718
"You'd think the ingrate'd be a little more appreciative of us saving his life," whispers Horatio to Canun, nodding his head at Rothal. "Some people, huh?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5989
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius heads left. (though doesnt this go about 75-80 feet and turn right to a closed door 20-30 ft ahead?)

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rusty Tincanne and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group