It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun's eyes gleam as he sees the bag of gold. "Hubbard has rewarded us for our good works."

He eyes the slumbering torturer with distaste. "Let's give him a taste of his own medicine. Let's load him on the rack and find out more about this place. Turn the tables on this f*cker."

Assuming others will help, he'll lift the goblin onto the rack.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
"That's a mean, vicious, cruel idea," says Horatio. "I like it."

He helps the cleric load the torturer onto his own device.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Rainey won't help with loading him on. Instead, he will check out the torturer's key, and the door to the room. Is there a keyhole for the torturer's key on both sides? This might make a good spot for us to use somehow, like to hide the prisoners in until we are ready to leave...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
Did the map show a trap door in the floor?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
The Torturer: Tortured?!
Still in the adjoining room, and unaware of everything that has transpired, AdaRue continues to tend to the prisoners. The midwife suspects that all of them have been starved for many, many days, and are in no condition for adventuring. She suspects even traveling from the goblin halls back to town will be a significant effort. The only prisoner with an outside chance of joining the group, and only after considerable rest and nourishment, would be Gord. The shields and weapons from the six goblin guards killed earlier went unclaimed at the time, and are they, like the goblin bodies themselves, must have been discovered and removed as they are no longer where they were left. There were three short goblin spears left behind in a wooden crate that still remain, but that appears to be the extent of the useful inventory available in these guard and prisoner areas.

---

Back in the torturer chamber, Rainey comes up with the idea to strap the torturer to the rack and give him a dose of its own medicine. "That's a mean, vicious, cruel idea," says Horatio. "I like it." Horatio and Rainey proceed to remove the the limp, stretched out and brutally slashed form of the torturer's final victim still from the rack and carefully replace him with the sleeping, two-headed goblin. Once secured, the abomination is roused from its slumber.

Both its normal and its deformed, shrunken head snarl, with only its primary head making any noise. The beast refuses to cooperate to any initial questioning -- in goblin or common.


---
I will need to know how the contents of the belt pouch will be divided. Also, no, there is not a trap door on the map. Speaking of the map, with no significant changes since my last post, it has not been updated.



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 2 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 8:36 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 59F
Conditions:
    Cool
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-2 = 8+1 = 9 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3+3 = 6 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
Horatio grins. "Oh, good. I was afraid you'd talk and spoil all the fun." He starts turning the rack.

As the wise sage Kenny Rogers once said, you never count your money when you're sitting at the table. There'll be time enough for counting when we're back in civilization. Or something like that. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Zhym wrote:
As the wise sage Kenny Rogers once said, you never count your money when you're sitting at the table. There'll be time enough for counting when we're back in civilization. Or something like that.
Fair enough. That said, I will need to know who's carrying the coins, and the bottles.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue stacks the spears, deciding whether they should be give to the strongest (in case they can defend themselves), or the weakest (to be used as walking sticks). She decides they will serve best as walking sticks for the weakest members. She wonders what is taking the others so long, deciding to not be idle.

Between keeping a close eye on the doorway to the hall, she: pours out one flask of oil on the ground in the hallway leading to the room (leaving a small trail to where her lantern sits with Gord; uses her mace to bash apart the table, offering the legs and her sharpened scissors to the stronger members of the group (4 clubs and a dagger). She apologizes it is all she has for weaponry. Finally, she sits down with the lantern and creates a map of the tunnels she has seen.

2 flasks of oil, 1 preserved ration and 1 water skin deducted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun frowns at the goblin's lack of cooperation. "YOu know what's coming. How many of you are there?" he asks. If still no answer, he turns the crank once...then twice.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 50
As soon as the mutant goblin falls, Dimly leaves him for the rogues to dispatch, and immediately goes to help AdaRue prepare to escort the prisoners out.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Torturing the Torturer
AdaRue repurposes the available spears into walking sticks for the weakest of the prisoners, and uses her mace to bash apart a table to create wooden planks to double as clubs. The group largely cared for, the midwife takes a seat on the floor, relights her lantern, and begins creating a map of the tunnels to the best of her recollection.

---

Horatio grins when the beast refuses to cooperate. "Oh, good. I was afraid you'd talk and spoil all the fun." he quips... then gives the rack a turn. The goblin monstrosity wails, but holds its tongue. Canun frowns at the goblin's lack of cooperation. "You know what's coming. How many of you are there?" he asks. When the goblin refuses to answer, the cleric turns the crank. A cracking sound is heard and the goblin wails loudly, but doesn't speak. A series of snapping bones are heard as Canun gives the rack a second crank. The abomination wails as the cranking begins... then falls silent.

Rainey's torch begins to sputter out.


---
There are four three bottles. I still need to know who's carrying each of them.


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 2 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 8:38 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 59F
Conditions:
    Cool
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-2 = 8+1 = 9 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3+3 = 6 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Last edited by dmw71 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three bottles or vials, not four.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5834
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Sacro will carry one of the bottles. (in the description, it said 3 vials of red glimmering liquid. Those are the ones we are talking about, correct?)

Junius will as well, if no one else volunteers.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
onlyme wrote:
(in the description, it said 3 vials of red glimmering liquid. Those are the ones we are talking about, correct?)
You're correct, it should be three, not four. I have edited my last update to reflect this.

Just, whomever ends up carrying a vial, please add it to your character sheet.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 14207
"Aw, man. You suck at torture," Horatio grouses at Canun. "Didn't anyone ever tell you that the first rule of torture is not to kill what you're torturing? And I was gonna try out some of those implements on him, too."

"Well, I guess we better get these fine people back to their homes and all that," he sighs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Rainey doesn't object to going back, but he will still try to check out the door of the torturer's chamber... is it something we can secure from either side with the key the torturer used? I don't know that we want to lock ourselves in that bloodcaked room, but just checking... maybe we lock the various gobbo bodies in there and hope they aren't missed for a day or two?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11051
Location: Chicago, Illinois
drpete wrote:
Rainey doesn't object to going back, but he will still try to check out the door of the torturer's chamber... is it something we can secure from either side with the key the torturer used?
Apologies. Yes, the torturer does have the key to the room. It's a simple, metal keyhole lock that fits into the inside of the door, but the mechanism itself isn't wide enough to reach the outside of the door.

While aesthetically not very pleasant, the room could definitely be a safe area to rest.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
Alright, then if we're going, and nobody objects, Rainey will take the torturer's key and one of the red vials.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 8044
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Zhym wrote:
"Aw, man. You suck at torture," Horatio grouses at Canun. "Didn't anyone ever tell you that the first rule of torture is not to kill what you're torturing? And I was gonna try out some of those implements on him, too."

"Well, I guess we better get these fine people back to their homes and all that," he sighs.


"I guess I don't know my own strength" replies Canun in a rare apologetic tone as he flexes and admires his forearms. "You can have first dibs on the next one."

He looks around. "Hey Rainey - do you think this mutated head would be useful for magical purposes? Maybe we should take it with us."

Canun will take a vial of liquid, if any, and the bag of gold if it's unclaimed.

"Time for our triumphant return to town!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2824
On hearing the suggestion that the head might be worthwhile, Rainey will come check the torturer out. Is he able to tell anything about what this mutation is? Like... I dunno, how much of a head is it? Are there more stunted bits of a second goblin, like little baby arms poking out of his chest? :) Maybe more generally, is this something that some more powerful magician might want to study, or just a run-of-the-mill grotesque?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3656
Location: Ithaca, NY
Standard carny stuff. The next room has a bearded lady (dwarf) and a professional geek.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group