It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: XI. Darkenwolde Forest
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11021
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Sunrise
The group manages to escape the old goblin halls safely, and retreat into the cover of the Darkenwolde Forest about a half-hour travel southeast. Dinner is had, watches are set, and the group rests overnight. A couple goblin patrols are spotted at a distance, but never amount to a threat.

The final watch wakes the others at sunrise the following morning. Everyone feel more rested, and those still nursing wounds feel slightly more healed.

The group, still in their campsite, eats a dry breakfast and must decide on their next course of action.


---

Notes:
  • Please subtract a day of rations;
  • At this time, no light sources are currently burning (please indicate in game if/when you want your character to relight theirs):
    • Rainey's torch fluttered out just as the party was leaving the goblin caves, and
    • All lanterns were manually extinguished with the burn times listed below remaining;
  • I carried over all memorized spells from the previous day. If you want to make any changes, please let me know before the next update;
  • Per my 'Death, Dying, and Healing' house rule, all characters will benefit from resting overnight. I made these roles, and they are reflected in the below update.


Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 2 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 6:53 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 59F
Conditions:
    Cool
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-2 = 8+1 = 9 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8-5 = 3+1 = 4 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3+3 = 6 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Last edited by dmw71 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(1) AdaRue's hit points. (2) Rainey's memorized spell.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5783
Location: Middle of Carolinas
(both have rations updated)

Junius asks if everyone is ready, and prepares to lead them back toward the cave.
Sacro follows along once the others are ready.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13980
Keelber takes a deep breath, carefully considers the question of his readiness to reenter the cave, and nods once.

~~~~

"Yeah, maybe, I guess," says Horatio. "But is anyone gonna help me with these big burns I got checking out the stinky room for you, or do I have to spend the whole day hiding behind someone large?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2704
Rainey will wake and prepare sleep as his spell for the day.

"Are we *able* to stick around here for long? I worry about getting poisoned..."

Rations and torch updated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3530
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue offers to help Horatio, feeling responsible for the wounds, since it was she that triggered the trap. She almost suggests staying in the forest for another day so everyone is fully healed and she and Canun would have healing spells ready, but she remembers the (possible) person being tortured and stays silent.

Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 45
Dimly munches his rations. I have a kettle to boil water in, he mentions.

Soon enough he stands to head back to the goblin halls. Our first order of business should be to rescue the prisoner Canun heard being tortured, he says gruffly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 11021
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Sunrise
After AdaRue uses her daily dose of divine healing to fully restore Horatio, the group makes haste for the goblin halls. The half-hour return trip is uneventful, and the group quickly finds themselves standing just outside the entrance.


---

Moving here: XII. Goblin Halls: Second Visit.



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 2 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 7:43 (Sunrise: 06:53, Sunset: 18:37)
Temp: 59F
Conditions:
    Cool
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10-2 = 8+1 = 9 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (25) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (17) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (25) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (24) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8-3 = 5-3 = 2-1 = 1+2 = 3+3 = 6 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (27) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.
[/quote]

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group