It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 29
It's the years at the anvil, DImly grunts to Horatio. Can't hear so well in the left ear or the right. The dwarf walks up to the door as quietly as possible, sword ready and itching to slice open a goblin, then looks askance back at the group in the tunnel. After they catch up to us, we'll burst in on 'em, whispers Dimly to Horatio, a mad gleam kindling in his eye.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:17 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5666
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Rusty Tincanne wrote:
AdaRue places her hand on Junius's forehead to see if he has a fever. When it feels normal, she asks, What's a "larh"?



Junius shakes his head and quitely explains,
Its ancient dwarven for pathway or tunnel. I thought everyone knew that. sorry.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2557
Rainey will move to the north end of the passageway with the door. He will draw his dagger and prepare to fight any goblins that make it this far.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Horatio looks for a nice shadowy corner beside the door, if there is one, to hide behind. If the door opens towards the party, he'll lurk behind the door when it's opened—the better to make a sneak attack from behind oncoming goblins.

~~~~~~~~

Keebler readies his bow, takes a position back in the hallway with a clear shot at the intersection, and waits for Dimly to execute his knock-and-run plan—if that's his plan.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 10898
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Goblin Bullying
Dimly replaces Horatio at the door while the thief slinks back a few steps into the shadows. Once everyone is in place, the dwarf slowly pushes open the sturdy wooden door which opens into the room, and was only closed but not locked.

Inside, the source of the voices appears event as the dwarf observes on the far side of the chamber, approximately 25-feet away, a quartet of goblins are bullying a fifth, smaller goblin.
Attachment:
Bully.png
Bully.png [ 436.96 KiB | Viewed 59 times ]


With Dimly relying on infravision, and the nearest source of artificial light back near the top of the passageway leading into the room, the teasing continues as the goblins apparently do not notice the door having been opened.

---



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:54 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (29) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (20) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (29) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3312
Location: Ithaca, NY
Though she cannot understand what is being said, the intent is clear enough. Why are goblins always so mean? wonders AdaRue.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:39 pm 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5666
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius and Sacro are basically waiting on the actions of those at the door.

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
"Hit and run!" whispers Horatio from the shadows (he hopes) to Dimly, hoping that the dwarf will draw the goblins out and past him. When (or if) all the goblins have run past him, he attacks one from behind.

Longsword (THAC0 19): [1d20+1] = 1+1 = 2 [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8
Does not include bonus to hit or to damage from backstab, not that it matters.
~~~~~~

Keebler waits for the signal and fires when (and if) combat begins. If someone casts sleep, he holds his fire.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 2, [1d8] = 7

Geez!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:56 pm
Posts: 29
Hearing their cursed goblin tongue, Dimly swings the door wide open and barrels into the room, charging straight at the nearest one (Bully #3). Death or glory!, he bellows, and hews at the creature with his sword.

Long sword [1d20+1] = 3+1 = 4 (THAC0 19), damage [1d8+1] = 4+1 = 5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
That was not the plan, thinks Horatio when Dimly dimly rushes alone into the room full of goblins. He stays where he is.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
panglott wrote:
Death or glory!, he bellows.


Canun watches, confounded, as Dimly rushes in to take on the goblins. "Glory, obviously" he says to Adarue. He loads a stone in his sling and if he gets a chance, slings it at a gobbo.

Sling attack [1d20] = 1, damage [1d4] = 2

I hope the goblins' rolls are asshitty as ours!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:15 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5666
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius will follow behind the others, ready to let loose an arrow if there is a goblin free from his fellow adventurers.
Shortbow [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9; [1d6] = 1


Sacro waits his turn in the crowd to move down the corridor into the room, long bow ready to fire if able to an open goblin.
long bow [1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4; [1d8] = 2

(kinda hoping neither get close enough for this round :) )

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2557
Rainey will keep out of the hallway south until those going into the fight have had a chance. Then he'll follow, staying just outside the door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 pm
Posts: 10898
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Round 0
"Hit and run!" whispers Horatio from the shadows to Dimly, hoping that the dwarf will draw the goblins out and past him. Hearing their cursed goblin tongue, the dwarf swings the door wide open and barrels into the room. "Death or glory!" he bellows as he charges at the nearest goblin.


Horatio remains crouched, hidden in the passage just outside the door, while the rest of the group gather at the intersection. Keebler, Canun, Junius, and Sacro all send wild shots into the room, missing all targets.

The ranged attackers see some scrambling coming from inside the room -- then the door gets slammed shut again!
Attachment:
Outside.jpg
Outside.jpg [ 57.45 KiB | Viewed 30 times ]


panglott only
Dimly charges at the nearest goblin, slashing at the bully with his long sword, but the creature darts out of harms way at the last instant.

One of the goblins (#2) rushes around the melee area and slams the door shut, trapping Dimly inside -- alone. A pair of goblins (#1 and #4) veer left and right, while the goblin just attacked (#3) takes a step back and readies its spear.

The goblin that was being bullied (#Small), while armed, backs away and begins cowering against the far wall.
Attachment:
Inside.jpg
Inside.jpg [ 71.46 KiB | Viewed 30 times ]



Actions for Round 1?




---



Actions?



---

Brighton Area Map

---
Date: 1 Martius, Year 7102
Time: 09:55 (Sunrise: 06:50, Sunset: 18:35)
Temp: 58F
Conditions:
    Cool
    Light Breeze
Light Sources: Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
    None.

Character Status
    Junius | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 10 | Armor: Banded, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Scimitar, Sling (10), Shortbow (28) [5]
    Sacro | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/5 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Dex -1 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (19) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1 (Sleep)
    AdaRue | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 5 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
    Canun | Cleric: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 4 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Mace, Sling | Spells: 1st: 1 (Light)
      Nelly | Mule: 2 hd | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 18 | AC: 7 | HP: 9 | #Attacks: 1 (kick or bite) | Damage: 1d4 or 1d3 | Morale: 8 | Carrying: 0 pounds | Max Load: 400 pounds
    Rainey | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 10 | HP: 3 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Charm Person)
    Keebler | Elf: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 6 | Armor: Banded, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5] | Spells: 1st: 1, 0 (Sleep)
    Horatio | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 8 | Armor: Leather | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (28) [5]
    Dimly | Dwarf: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4 | HP: 8 | Armor: Scale, Shield | Weapons: Longsword, Dagger, Shortbow (29) [5]
The Lost or Fallen
    Tom | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 5/4/3 | HP: 5-4 = 1+3 = 4-5 = -1 | Armor: Chain, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Handaxe, Shortbow (16), Dagger
    Omdog | MU: 1 | Mv: 120" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 3-4 = -1 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Quarterstaff, Dagger | Spells: 1st 1, 0
    Watts | Thief: 1 | Mv: 90" | THAC0: 19 | AC: 8/6 | HP: 5-1 = 4-3 = 1-5 = -4 | Armor: Leather, Dex -2 | Weapons: Longsword, Longbow (11)
    Hastin | Fighter: 1 | Mv: 60/20 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3 | HP: 7-8 = -1 | Armor: Splint Mail, Shield | Weapons: Long sword, Javelin (3)
    Tippin | Halfling: 1 | Mv: 90/30 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 4/3/2 | HP: 4-8 = -4 | Armor: Banded Mail, Shield, Dex -1 | Weapons: Short sword, Shortbow (18)[/strike]
    Mila | MU: 1 | Mv: 120/40 | THAC0: 19 | AC: 9 | HP: 5 | Armor: Unarmored | Weapons: Dagger | Spells: 1st: 1 (Shield) <--- Retired.



Marching Orders
Scout:
    Keebler

5-foot:
    Junius
    Dimly
    Keebler
    Sacro
    Horatio
    AdaRue
    Rainey
    Canun

10-foot:
    Junius & Dimly
    Keebler & Sacro
    AdaRue & Horatio
    Rainey & Canun

Rolls
    None.

_________________
.
DM
Dave's Mega-Dungeon (LL)
---
Dave's Skype Game (Forum)
Dave's Skype Game (Moderators)
---
Player
None


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 2557
Rainey calmly observes "oh ... shit."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Horatio shrugs and slinks back to the intersection behind most of the others. "Stupid moron, charging into a room full of gobbos alone," he mutters. "Well, he did say 'death or glory.' Guess he was indifferent about which one."

~~~~~

Keebler sighs. "I am ill-inclined to chase after someone with a death wish. However, perhaps we should intervene in case the bullied goblin might be willing to assist us. Junius, would you be so good as to open the door? And Sacro, our impetuous new friend's life may depend on you putting the goblins to sleep." He readies his bow and waits.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm
Posts: 3312
Location: Ithaca, NY
AdaRue, is immediately ashamed that she smirked at Canun's joke. Now that dwarf is going to die. Her inner-mother-bear takes over and she finds herslef racing down the corridor. Her shoulder slams into it. Come on everyone! Let's help him!

Force door on 3 or less: [1d6] = 3
If she gets through and can attack:Mace [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14, dmg [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
If not, hopefully the door flattens Bully #2.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:03 am 
Online
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:42 am
Posts: 5666
Location: Middle of Carolinas
Junius follows her into the doorway and lets loose a 2nd arrow.
Shortbow [1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15; [1d6] = 3
(18 left)

Sacro likewise follows through the opening with an arrow flying.
longbow [1d20-1] = 8-1 = 7 ; [1d8] = 5
(18 left)

I would prefer to hold the spell at this point. There are 4 known badguys against 7-8. Plus the spell may put 2+ good guys to sleep and miss some of theirs. Now, if there are 10 or so hiding in the shadows, oops...

_________________
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Geoffrey Blood - male pirate from Briton (Pirates:Cannon and Dragons) 1e homebrew
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Junius - male dwarf pincushion (Dave's Mega-dungeon) LL
Manoah Lasley - male ranger of royal blood (A New Hope in the West) OSRIC
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 7927
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Canun loads another stone into his sling. He'll move forward, but will not get into the front line against the goblins. Because, uh, his healing may be needed later.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: X. Old Goblin Halls
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 13709
Keebler shrugs and fires through the doorway at any goblin he can shoot at.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20] = 15, [1d8] = 8

~~~~~

Horatio rolls his eyes and makes weak, halfhearted shot into the melee.

Long bow (THAC0 19): [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3 [1d8] = 6
Target friendly? (1-3=yes): [1d6] = 5


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group