Town Business (Gaul)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Business (Gaul)

#61 Post by Marullus »

The butcher is grateful for an offer to buy bones... he'll happily supply them for a few coppers.

Sprinkles is happy and grateful for the treats. :)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw walks into the town merchants store. I need some ink and please. Also is there a mages guild in this town or do you know of any mages in the area?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay Weatherwax heads to the tailor's shop. Greetings. I would like some pockets sewn into my cloak. to secret away coins and other things, so that, should I ever find myself confronted by highwaymen in the wilds, I may escape with a few coins to my name.

He then heads to the local woodcrafter in search of a stout staff that would be usable as a 1/4 staff, but lighter.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

Having checked the bulletin board for anything of interest earlier in the day, Earc wanders the town, wondering who might have left it.

When he sees a woman walk out of the tavern with a grizzly bear at her side, he figures that might be his person.

"Hey," he calls out, hurrying to catch up with her, causing a cloud of dust. "I understand you have a glass ball you don't want. What'll ya take for it?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Starbeard »

The Grizzly Woman searches through her pack and retrieves a large glassy orb, swirling inside with a murky darkness.

'This is it. I would take good gold, or fancy items. I do not mind if I have no use for them, I can always trade them again. A fancy weapon or armour may be best though, I think those are easiest to trade. What do you have?'

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by Alethan »

Earc Orctongue

Glancing at the globe nonchalantly, he asks, "What's it do?"
"All I have for trade right now is this fancy bauble..."

He reaches into the folds of his robes and pulls out a silver and gold wand encrusted with gemstones. It sparkles, even in the overcast afternoon light...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

After staring at the bulletin board for a few minutes, Clay puzzles out the signs for the Grizzly Woman. He wanders the town and finds her as Earc begins talking. Sorry to interrupt. I couldn't help overhear you. I'd be interested in swapping with you two. I have a weapon that you might like for the orb.

And you're Earc, right? I've heard about you at the tavern. If what they say is true, you seem like a decent person. I have a book you might be interested in. He invites them back to his room at the tavern.

PM's will be sent.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Clay Weatherwax heads to the tailor's shop. Greetings. I would like some pockets sewn into my cloak. to secret away coins and other things, so that, should I ever find myself confronted by highwaymen in the wilds, I may escape with a few coins to my name.

He then heads to the local woodcrafter in search of a stout staff that would be usable as a 1/4 staff, but lighter.
The tailor nods. "I can fashion a cloak with concealed pockets at the hems for ten silver."

The woodcrafter seems confused. "A quarterstaff is a quarterstaff. I could make it out of pine instead of oak, sure, but without enough heft to it you're not going to hurt anyone with it."
Dram wrote:Baxtaw walks into the town merchants store. I need some ink and please. Also is there a mages guild in this town or do you know of any mages in the area?
The merchant camp trades in magical inks that you desire. No need for special transactions.

There are no NPC wizards currently known in town. I'll introduce this with the festival.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus wrote:The tailor nods. "I can fashion a cloak with concealed pockets at the hems for ten silver."
Agreed. But surely it would be good for other denominations of coins, too, correct?

10 sp deducted. :P

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw - Walks into the merchant store. Without waiting to even see if he was waiting on another customer. Hello? Hello good sir! I need 2 viles of your magical ink.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Marullus »

Ink is standard pricing. You can just say "-100gp" and you are set. :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

25 May.

Clay Weatherwax hears murmurs of the Flame of the North returning near death. He arrives at the guard tower to see the truth of the matter. He is disturbed to see her in a similar state as their last foray together. He gathers any information he can from Idriss and the guards. Ms. O'Hare's company was strained, but tales of battling undead warms Clay's heart. Idriss, your actions are incredibly brave! It is not right that a person should die at the hands of such abominations. Thanks to you both for ridding the world of their taint.

Mixing fertile soil and wine, he creates a thick paste. He draws three, interconnecting circles on her forehead and smears the rest over and around her wounds. Holding his beads over her as he prays, Clay invokes the healing powers of his goddess. The mud dries at an accelerated pace, cracking and then flaking off to unmarred fresh skin.

Cure Light Wounds [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

He rises and leaves before she wakes. I believe she has a room paid for at the tavern. Have them draw a warm bath with bubbles. She should like that. He leaves the rest of the sentence in his head, Beith knows she rambled on about it enough...

Great adventuring to Spearmint, Sterling and Marullus! That story kept me on the edge of my seat throughout!

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Stirling »

Foxy

does what any lady with coins does...she goes shopping.

two extra daggers for bandolier 6gp
6 fresh flasks of oil. 6sp
Light riding lance 7gp with decorated penant... pay the tailor a fee to design and make, 3gp (?)

change of ladies silks', lip gloss, boot gloss, weight loss herbs, get her ginger locks cut and trimmed into latest wavy full bodied fashion, extra tight denims.

rounded up to -20gp

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

when she hears news of the goblin skeletal warriors attacking the camp, she will go to the remaining camp and try to investigate the attack. talk to survivors, gather information. Her gut feeling is that the skeletons came from the goblin HQ and that the 'power of Zhint' enabled the goblin king to animate the undead. Only speculation but Foxy would like to do a bit of ground work before she goes to the sage and Duke with any information.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Will follow Foxy Foxy I shall go with you. The festival shall survive without me. You will not survive long if you are ambushed out by yourself. We should go to the tavern and recruit some more help.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Marullus »

We're doubling up posts - lets continue the Foxy/Dram conversation at the Greenleaf Festival. :)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Zorroroaster »

Silent walks slowly to the blacksmith, watching as preparations are made for the coming festival. Once at the smithy, he digs out the broken crossbow bolts he has, looking to replace them. He mimes the action of cocking the mechanism and firing, looking around with a question on his face. He'd like to know if there's some place close that he can test out the crossbow before committing to using it in combat.
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Marullus »

The blacksmith directs Silent to some archery butts near a sparring ring. He tries out the crossbow.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay Weatherwax, 28 May, morning
Clay is out in the market shortly after the roosters stop crowing, morning dew clinging to the stalls. He finds a vendor still setting up and purchases 2 empty vials, a mortar and pestle, 2 lavender-and-comfrey-scented candles and a deep copper bowl on a stand.

I've deducted for the vials (12 sp each).
How much for the copper bowl, mortar and pestle and 2 scented candles?

Also, how much does the special incense?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Marullus »

Scented candles will be 1sp each.
Blocks of compressed clerical incense are 2sp each.

Other equipment can be extrapolated from here:
viewtopic.php?f=353&t=5467#p245412
Laboratory Equipment - A Reference Guide

Prices included below are base for these item types of laboratory quality, and can vary depending on quality and location of purchase.

An aludel, for condensing vapors - 50gp
A still, for refining and fermenting substances - 75gp
A selection of hermetically-sealed containers (4) - 25gp, 25gp, 50gp, 75gp based on size
An alembic, for distillation of liquids and essences - 250gp
A ceramic retort, for simple distillation of dry substances - 50gp
A mortar and pestle, for grinding dry substances - 25gp
A small crucible, for reducing substances by fire - 50gp
A large brazier, for heating larger substances and compounds, and reduction or large elements by fire (if used with an appropriate container) - 250gp

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”