Town Business (Gaul)

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Business (Gaul)

#142 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

During the evenings of the week spent in town working on the berry patch, Bianca Scribes with Winnie, copying Invisibility lvl 2 and Sleep lvl 1.

2 magic inks deducted

So also leaves her book of shadows with Winnie during the day so she may scribe from it at her leisure during the day.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Marullus »

that requires three of your remaining inks, not two. It is per spell level, not per spell.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie heads to the market place and purchases food and other supplies for her upcoming expedition, purchasing enough for herself, Mrs. Dash, and her two bowwomen to be in the wilderness for 7 days.

She spends one more day scribing a fourth spell. She is ready to depart on 3 August 2021.

18 preserved rations - 10gp, 8sp
16 torches - 6sp, 6cp
12 flasks of oil - 1gp, 3sp, 2cp
4 large sacks - 8sp, 8cp

Total: 13gp 6sp 6cp

Should there be any costs associated with purchasing spell components, or do we hand wave that?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

11 August
Clay goes to the Forester's Camp and asks for any fletchers. He holds out a bag full of dragon "molars." What'll it take to have these turned into arrows for a long bow? And how long to have 40 of them crafted?

If there is a better area to do this, Clay will head there instead. Perhaps the Mercenary Camp or the Wooden Keep?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Marullus »

If you want to harness natural energies of an item, take it to the Dwarven Artificers. Also, you only got 20 teeth for the 150gp. You need to give up another 150 to keep 40.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Marullus »

Ablesforth's expedition from the Demon Hole(formerly known as the Goblin Burrow) returns on 23 July, the same day on which they set out. Exhausted, they rest until August 11 (current datestamp).

August 11
The last three weeks have been one of whisper and worry... though the authorities are not speaking of it, the rumors spread from the Guardsmen that demonic figures and strange sightings now roam the landscape. More frequent in the night than the day, outlying farms are more strictly observing curfew than they were before.

Tales tell of gaunt humanoid figures with their tops of their heads cleaved off, empty cavities without brains within, running as packs and savaging what they come across. They also tell of swarms of flying eyeballs, at first taking them for large bugs, which appear and watch the shepherds... several whole flocks of sheep have been lost on the east side of town as the savage half-headed creatures arrived and slaughtered them after the eyeball swarms arrived, dragging the dead lambs and ewes away into the night.

There have been no instances of these creatures within the walls of Gaul, however. There is growing discontent among the townsfolk towards the Templars, however, some muttering about them not doing their job to eliminate it, others sharing rumors that the guards say they're responsible...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Zhym »

Clint Brockhammer — August 11

Clint trades his chain mail in for a set of shiny new banded armor.

Banded armor, at markup: 102 gp
Trade-in from gently-used chain mail: 35 gp
Net cost: 67 gp

DavetheLost
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#150 Post by DavetheLost »

Hengist purchases supplies for the new expedition:
21 preserved rations: 10gp, 5sp
21 days grain for mule: 10sp, 5cp
10 large sacks: 2gp
16 torches: 6sp, 6cp
12 flasks oil: 1gp, 3sp, 2cp
2 waterskins, 2gp
crowbar: 2gp

19gp, 5sp, 3cp spent
Playing: At the Forest's Edge: Desmond Halfling Vagabond
The Northern Marches: Hengist Cleric of Baudh

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie spends the night of Aug 9 at the Golden Tooth Tavern, sleeping off her bottle of wine/good meal (1gp, 5sp) in the common room (5cp). She continues to spend from Aug 10-18 in the Golden Tooth Tavern studying with Pendleton. She sleeps (alone) in a basic room (1gp), eating good meals (5gp)

She then heads to the Witchwood from Aug 19-29, studying and transcribing a few more spells; she eats good meals at the Winged Hind Tavern. (5gp.)

She returns to Gaul on Aug 30, spending the night at the Golden Tooth Tavern, eating good meals (price included on the earlier stay).

She purchases 21 days of preserved rations from the Winged Hind Tavern before leaving Beith's Watch (12gp, 6sp) to return to Finger's, et al.

Edit 1: Winnie purchases a bronze compass (10gp)
Edit 2: Winnie trades in her old knife and purchases a silver dagger. (30gp-1.5gp = 28.5gp)
Edit 3: I switched around when she stayed at each location. Mechanically there is no change, but technically, she'd have needed to head back to Gaul on the 29th and sleep there. Same cost, so I didn't parse it out.

When she leaves town, she will have +2 to saving throws for 3 days.
New spells noted in spellbook. Money deducted from, and food added to character sheet.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Able purchases supplies in town.
21 preserved rations: 10gp, 5sp
5 large sacks: 1gp
16 torches: 6sp, 6cp
6 flasks oil: 6sp, 7cp
crowbar: 2gp

14gp, 8sp, 3cp spent

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander purchases a weeks worth of fresh food. 1gp, 4sp
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander also visits the tailor to enquire about the availability of padded armor.

Sorry about posting twice. I was deducting the previous money and realized my character could actually wear padded armor :oops: :)

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Isn't Tollander a cleric? He can wear any armor he wants. Including the nice chainmail from Idmi D'dum. (Weighs only 15#)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Jernau35 »

He is a cleric, but he's a member of the Order of Black and White. He'll lose his special abilities if he uses metal armor. I thought it was all armor, so I didn't give him any at first :oops:

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Marullus »

As a Gwanwen Monk, he has benefits that depend on being unencumbered (less than 40lbs). Then he gets AC bonus if not in metal armor. I would suggest buying him studded leather and then letting the mule or other PCs handle the heavy adventuring gear...

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Jernau35 »

Ah, I wasn't sure if studded leather was allowed. Time to do some encumberance math... :geek:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Jernau35 »

Tollander decides to pay the 33gp for studded leather armor.

Deducted

Tollander returns to the store a short while later to purchase 2 weeks trail rations for Billy.

8gp deducted from Neegan's money.

He then buys a steel mirror, 10 candles and 4 days mule feed out of his own pocket

12gp, 3sp, 3cp deducted

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Zhym »

Lug goes to the merchants to do a little business. He buys some rations, a compass, and a small belt pouch. And he sells some things.

"I've got this armor I don't need any more," he says. "And I guess I'm gonna abandon all Reason. It's hardly even been used. Aw, hell, who am I kidding? I used the hell out of it. But I also took care of it. It'll still totally kill the crap out of things."

He pauses before handing over the sword. Reason has been with him for so long...and he hasn't even named his new sword yet! But there's no use getting sentimental over tools. He shrugs and sells the sword.

After all, he could call his new sword "Reason" too, if he wanted. He'd like to see someone try to stop him.

Buying
Compass: 10 gp
Silk rope (50'): 12 gp
Rations, trail, 8 days: 4 gp 8 sp
Belt pouch, small: 6 sp
One arrow: 3 sp
Total: 28 gp, 7 sp

Selling
Splint armor: 37 gp 5 sp
Reason (Two-Handed Sword): 7 gp 5 sp
Hemp rope (100'): 1 gp
Total: 46 gp