Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Infirmary of Eruanna

#1 Post by Marullus »

Infirmary.png
Infirmary.png (52.04 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
The Infirmary of Eruanna

This thread is intended for adventurers to roleplay when they visit with the followers of Eruanna. Players may ONLY post to this thread while the character they are speaking as is in town (obviously). Occasionally, NPCs may share information in this thread as well if they happen to be privy to something of interest and think it worth sharing.

The Infirmary of Eruanna is not its own building, but recently sprung up in a building intended for merchants who backed out of their contracts in this farflung outpost. They offer simple soup and beds, and cater quietly to those in need.

Brother Mylo sees to the administration of the infirmary, assisted by various sisters of the order. The sisters seem to come and go, their number and composition changing with each caravan.

Wares for sale:
  • 25gp - Flask of Holy Water
  • The following spells are available for transcription by a magic user/elf of Good alignment who knows Read Magic [ink costs are included]:
  • 100gp - Protection from Evil
  • 100gp - Light
  • 100gp - Magic Missile
  • 200gp - Levitate
  • 200gp - Locate Object
  • 300gp - Stinking Cloud (LL Advanced, p. 77)
  • 1000gp - Transmute Rock to Mud
  • 1000gp - Grasping Hand
  • For those who are sworn to be Templars, these spells are available:
  • 50gp - Protection from Evil
  • 50gp - Light
  • 50gp - Magic Missile
  • 100gp - Levitate
  • 100gp - Locate Object
  • 100gp - Stinking Cloud (LL Advanced, p. 77)
  • 150gp - Fireball
  • 150gp - Summon Monster I (LL Advanced, p. 79)
  • 250gp - Transmute Rock to Mud
  • 350gp - Grasping Hand
  • 450gp - Imprisonment
Services:
  • Anyone resting/recovering in the Infirmary gains [1d3+1] per day instead of [1d3].
  • Any curse can be lifted, provided the supplicant is willing to donate all their worldly possessions and recant, beginning a new life in the service of Eruanna.
  • Detect Magic: The clergy of Eruanna here do not cast Detect Magic for fees. They will, however, investigate any suspected item for infernal taint for free under specific conditions. If an item is determined to be magical or non-magical and free of evil/infernal influence it will be returned. Any item determined to be tainted by evil or the infernal will be confiscated and turned over to the Templar Order.
  • Food and Housing: The infirmary caters to the poor of the whole society. Anyone can stay here for free in the common beds and with bread and soup. (Non-private free housing, poor meals)
Associated NPCs:

Brother Dolph Gundanar- recruited for demon delve expedition
Rates: -/-/full share
Level 3 Fighter, sworn Templar of Eruanna
Chainmail, Two-handed Sword, Spear
Jaques, Templar Fighter (NPC)
Level 3 Fighter, sworn Templar of Eruanna
Chainmail, longsword, shield
Pair of Templars.jpg
Pair of Templars.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Molay, Templar Fighter (NPC)[/b]
Level 4 Fighter, sworn Templar of Eruanna
Chainmail, longsword, shield
Pair of Templars.jpg
Pair of Templars.jpg (30.57 KiB) Viewed 818 times

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Infirmary of Eruanna

#2 Post by Stirling »

Foxy

Wandering the town, Foxy spies a familiar sigil, the crossed nails and white dove of Eruanna. Foxy, makes her way over to the old merchants warehouse and takes a look in at the work, devotions going on.

What does she see?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Marullus »

It is a busy day with the caravan arriving, bustle beginning all across the town after months without contact from the south. Within the infirmary, several new sisters share fellowship with those who have been longer in the town, a joyful atmosphere prevailing as news and greetings are shared. The beds are only sparsely populated, a few local farmers with serious injuries being attended to and otherwise empty, waiting with fresh-pressed white linen sheets.

Brother Mylo meets Foxy near the entrance, alert for those who might loiter and need outreach and welcome. "The light of day be with you, ma'am, would you like to rest?"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"May the Sun shine forever on your path too...Father? Sorry, Brother, Sisters, it's been a while since I prayed."Foxy looks around and smiles at the priest, trying to make him feel at ease. "I'm new in town, I guess most people are these days. I hope to contact my relatives soon, until then I have a room at the inn. Quite a salubrious place, full of characters, bravado adventurers. No doubt some will seek your favour soon. I hear these farmers have been having trouble with raiders. Is that so?"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Marullus »

Brother Mylo nods solemnly. "Those hands there are from Farrow's farm. They thought they were done with goblins, when the patrols pushed them to the hills. Seems they found new tactics. They came on horrid wolves... Fast enough to evade patrols, cause havoc, and escape with their plunder. Mauled, that fellow there is. Eruanna have mercy on him."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"Eruanna have mercy", Foxy repeats, touching her left palm with her right fingers and similarly right palm with left fingers. a religious geneflection in response.

"How bad was the raid? It seems to have happened recently. Were there children involved? I would hope they got into fortified cellars to keep safe."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

Brother Mylo shakes his head. "The raid was only a few days ago... he hasn't really been coherent since then. I'd suggest venturing out to the farm to the west of town. Less than a day's walk. I'm sure they'd appreciate the offer of help."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"Sure I can go check the place out for you. I think I saw it marked on a map hanging in the Golden Tooth. If there are any stragglers or injured I shall bring them back straight away. At least it will bring comfort to these men to know if their loved ones are safe. Did they come stretchered here on a pony cart? Perhaps I may use it to scout out the place? bring any wounded or children back. If there are wolves lurking we could be chased down otherwise. I will ask in the camp and tavern too, maybe willing volunteers can form a posse, The hand of Eruanna be over us."

Foxy will go to the wounded man and sitting beside him, take his hand and whisper some comfort into his ear about rescuing family and forming a posse to chase down the goblins.She will listen intently in case he whispers anything like names of wives, children, colleagues. If people are hiding unseen then calling out their names might reassure them of rescue.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Marullus »

The man dreams fitfully, tossing and turning in his sleep as Foxy sits beside him. Her words and comforting touch seem to have no impact. Then his eyes snap open abruptly, wide with terror. He looks to her in his fear, his voice imploring. "Clarabelle! Clarabelle..." he then falls to weaping uncontrollably. The sisters shoo Foxy away and sooth him back to rest.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

Leaving the farmhand to the ministrations of Eruannas' sisterhood, Foxy approaches the senior cleric.

" ah Brother Mylo, it must be very distressing for these poor men,(she uses his name, must have overheard it from one of the Sisters or spotted his name badge), I should not delay while the sun is up."

Pausing for a moment , Foxy takes a glance around the room."Has not the Duke sent riders to the Farrows earlier? If I am to go, I could use a first aid kit or some spare bandages as well. Do you have any in the storeroom? Clarabelle, is that his wife or child? Ah so many questions, 'answers are beyond the horizon.'(quote from Eruanna psalm)".

Foxy waits expectantly for the cleric to see if he is able and willing to aid her with supplies for the journey to Farrows' Farm.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Marullus »

Brother Mylo bobs his head. "Oh, aye, aye... the Duke's men sped to their aid as quickly as they could. The family heals and mends slowly, and the Duke's men patrol within a few miles of the city. They don't have the resources to pursue further, however, and they remain close to protect from future attacks. Clarabelle and Annabelle... they were children on the farm, I believe."

He appears touched by your willingness to rush to their aid. He calls over a Sister, who gives you some clean linen bandages. "In case they have need of more." He then produces a small glass ampule, holding no more than three sips of a ruddy, opaque liquid. "You have great courage, my dear. Take this with you. It may bolster the same in those who need it."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"Thank you Brother Mylo, I hope your trust in me is well founded."

She takes the vial, carefully wrapping it in some of the linen and stores it in her satchel. Looking at her kit she feels a little embarrassed,"sorry Brother, I shouldn't enter the sanctuary so doled up," indicating her brace if knives and swords. "Still, they have served me well on the prairie so far."

Shaking hands with the cleric and introducing herself formally she will exit with a promise to return back with some good news.

Foxy will head back through town to the tavern. ( post in thread). Then leave for the Farrows'.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay Weatherwax
Feeling very out of place, Clay follows Gus to the Infirmary of Eruanna, entering the dimly-lit building. They seek out one of the attendants, inquiring after the Farrows' farmhands, specifically, the father of Clarabelle. He will want to know of his daughter's safe return sooner, rather than later.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Marullus »

Clarabelle's father is sitting upright, significantly recovered and near-death to return home. He Burt's into tears at the good news, awash in grief, joy, and relief.

Brother Mylo smiles warmly at Gus, then also at Clay. "The cause of good is served," seeming satisfied with his statement of that as an end state.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay reminds the man that it had much to do with the red-headed woman, Ms. O'Hare, who now sits in a bed recovering, the same as him. To Brother Milo, he says, It is surely good that child and parent may be reunited. It is sad that any lives had to perish over this.

As Gus and his friend catch up, Clay pulls the priest into an alcove to talk. Ms. O'Hare put much stock in you, and your vial certainly assisted returning the captive's spirits.

We came across mages of the Order of Monoc. Are you familiar with them? They are from the southlands and wear red robes. They invited me to their home, but I am hesitant to go at this time.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Marullus »

Brother Mylo 's forehead furrows with wrinkles of concern. "The Order of Monoc? Naive at best, dedeliberately misguided at worst. They seek knowledge but not truth, which is a dangerous risk. Our Templars have hunted and slain several of their number who followed down dark trails to their ruin."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay Weatherwax
The last mage seemed to know our thoughts. Perhaps that is why he had such ire for Ms. O'Hare. She is of your faith, correct? Do they harbor hatredfor all followers of Eruanna, I wonder?He paused in thought momentarily. I will return to the Farrow's on the morrow. Shall I pass on any messages? Can Clarabelle's father travel? I have hired a wagon to deliver some goods. He can ride there.
Clay left, thinking how hard it must be to divide the world into just goodandbad, not recognizing the competing needs of overyliving creature. It explained much about Ms. O'Hare.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Marullus »

12 May 2021

When Foxy O'Hare enters the infirmary, she is curious to see the candles flicker and dim a moment. Brother Mylo looks up immediately, his eyes resting on her a moment before he nods briefly to her in greeting. He is across the room, finishing a conversation with Mr. Farrow, the two discussing in low tones. They finish and Mr. Farrow departs, giving Foxy a grateful smile, but with a tinge of concern and worry. Brother Mylo crosses the cold stone floors towards her.
Last edited by Marullus on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Stirling »

Adjust date to 14th, she'll spend a long time in the bubble bath before going to chapel.

Foxy O'Hare

Foxy touches the palms of her hands as she enters the infirmary hall, noticing the lights glimmer. Is that a usual thing or just the wind? She cordially acknowledges Mr Farrow as he makes his way out and waits for Bro Mylo to greet her.

"Mr Farrow, a brave man he saw much on our travels that would break many others. I am grateful that he carried me away from the goblin raiders despite his wounds. Those grievious scars will heal much quicker now his daughter is returned."
Last edited by Marullus on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Marullus »

12 May 2021

Mr. Farrow is seen coming to the infirmary and speaking in low tones to Brother Mylo. They both look serious, Mylo nods, then the farmer departs.

After sunset, Brother Mylo departs the infirmary with two of the Templar guardsmen. They return just before midnight, the Templars carrying a stretcher which bears Foxy O'Hare. She is taken through the infirmary and into the back rooms.

This redacts the above posts.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”