The Golden Tooth Tavern

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#641 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Walks into the tavern with to celebrate their return. Lord Bremen when you depart to see the dwarves come to my room I shall like to journey with you. I will be in my room researching the wand we found.[/color ] He turns to Hyde. I would like a quiet room to study in please.

35 nights single-room accommodations (1sp/night): 3.5 gp
36 days of good meals (5 sp/day):18 gp
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#642 Post by Jernau35 »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Bremen finds Piers in the tavern and pulls him aside. If you don't mind, I would appreciate a word in private.

Once they are seated together, Lord Commander Bremen speaks quietly to the cleric. As Lord Commander of the White Tower, I am always looking for the best of the best. If I may, Father Clauson and I recognized you capable and resourceful man during our recent foray, proving yourself as a priest of Baudh, a healer, and a man of wit - with your consistent attempts to recruit the goblins.

I would ask that you make the White Tower your home while in the northlands, serving my Knights of Baudhil, and the small folk and merchants of our community in your down time. Your life would be your own, and in exchange I would take yoir services into consideration if you ever need a knights on your adventures.

Bremen continues without pause, but now grows even quieter
At the risk of being too forward, I wonder if you are willing to part with the Smithing Hammer of the Dwarfs. When I took command of the White Tower, I recovered several artifacts of clerical nature. One item might interest you, in particular.

In exchange for the Hammer and moving to the White Tower, I would give you The Life-work of Cafreya the All-Seeing.
Piers listens respectfully to the Lord Commander's offer. "Thank you for considering me, Lord Commander. However, I have decided to remain here in Gaul and work to achieve my knighthood here. As you know, the Duke has already made a generous grant towards that aim."

"As for the Hammer, I feel that for the moment, having earned it, I shall keep it. Perhaps in the future, I may change my mind".

Whilst at the tavern Piers also makes arrangements for lodging there whilst in town.

38 nights single room accommodation: 3.8gp
39 days of good meals: 19.5 gp
Tip: 4.7 sp
Total: 28gp deducted
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#643 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

1 August

Bremen listens to Piers's response and shrugs. Of course you earned that hammer! I never meant to say anything to the contrary. I didn't know your planned to keep it. By all means, best of luck spreading Baudh's word with it.

As to your decision, it's unfortunate, but I understand. We each have our own paths. Just so you know, if you change your mind, you're welcome at the White Tower whenever you want. And unless things change, the offer to stay there stands. In case you get stuck if taking orders from the Bishop.

Hey. Actually, the Bishop seemed to have a change of heart during that sham-trial on me. It happened when he took Markd's knife. The same know that seemed to make Markd hate me, too. I still think it's cursed, or something. But maybe he'd change his mind some if he doesn't have the knife and you were to put in a good word for me.
He waves his hand. No. No lying, mind you. I really don't give a rats, fuzzy arse what the Bishop thinks of me personally. No offense. But improved relations between the Temple and the White Tower wouldn't hurt the region.

Piers, if you were to change his mind, that book i mentioned could still be yours. Tell Keelan what you saw me and my Knights of Baudhil do. And that never once did me or my guys worship any demons. Tell him I'm planning a feast on honor of the Slaying of Scatha, and I'd be honored if there were representatives from the Temple there. Maybe even you.

Pierpont said the book is something special for a priest of Baudh. Like I said, Clauson could have it, but it feels right to give it to you.

When approached be Baxtaw, Bremen nods. Now that we're done with the Archduke, I'm ready to get on the road. How does tomorrow suit you? It'll be good to travel with you under less stressful circumstances. If like to know more about that weapon you used. Who crafted it? It was something to see. It was truly Baudhil's justice that none of us were roasted. After a bit more bantering and a bottle of southern wine, Bremen rises. If you'll excuse me, I've a need to leave a Markd-One in the privy out back. He chuckles as he walks out.

When he returns, he bows. Lady Halfpint, it's a kind offer. I do have business at Idmi D'dum, and then I have need to return to The White Tower. But as you say, your expedition does have impact on my Yoldessi Plains... Give me a day to work out the details.

In the morning, he sends two of his Knights to Frogmortons Ford to await the wagon from the White Tower. Hlthey hand a scroll, meant for Bremen's warden, as well as verbally passing on the message that the Lord Commander is alive and well, having recently defeating the dragon, and that he will be returning within the week. The following day a well dressed, handsome Knight arrives and locate Bremen in the Golden Tooth Tavern.

I loved that, onlyme! I actually forgot that Markd is your character, too! :lol: let me figure out if Bremen can leave the Tower that long and still have a home to return to.

4 bottles of wine, 4 days good meals, 4 nights in a suite, plus tips, plus room, board and stabling for his entourage: 30 gp spent vs 600gp from the Archduke. 593gp added to his sheet.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#644 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Dorbeck had a shield that the Dwarven leader had given where is it? Did we pick it up?

OCC- If i remember one of us grabbed his items. Clauson took Dorbecks all of Dorbeks items. Evrything but his battle axe which was holding up the portcullis.

Baxtaw finds Clauson. Dorbecks items need to be returned to his kin.

Upon the the return to Idmi d’dum Dorbecks items will lay on top the return Heirlooms. Has Lug written the song of Battle yet? So I Know how to tell the story of Dorbeks death?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#645 Post by Jernau35 »

I'm writing the last two verses now. Should be posted in a couple of hours. I just need to go back and review the fight again.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#646 Post by Jernau35 »

Having been paid his fee and had several days to learn the epic song, Regis the Gray enters the tavern one busy night, ready to tell the tale of the slaying of Scatha.

Scatha the Evil Dragon
(To the tune of “Puff the Magic Dragon”)

CHORUS:
Scatha the Evil Dragon
Lived in a cave
And waited for Adventurers
Whose hearts were bold and brave.

Baxtaw, Lug and Bremen
Dorbeck, Stanz and Piers
Clouson and Osuna
Rowine and Crowager

They travelled ‘cross the mountains
Attacked by evil birds
They shot the birds with arrows
And dispelled with Holy Words

(CHORUS)

Through the hidden doorway
And down the secret stair
Our adventurers walked forward,
Brave folk, they felt no fear

At the bottom waited goblins
Behind their barricade
The adventurers charged forward
And put them to the blade.

(CHORUS)

They searched on through the tunnels
Seeking the red Wyrm
They vowed to end his evil
Their resolve was steely firm

Ambushed by great spiders
Whose evil webs they burned
Then attacked by yet more goblins
While their backs were turned

(CHORUS)

A nasty traitorous goblin
Told of a secret way
Into the lair of Scatha
Whom they had vowed to slay

As they searched the hallways
For the secret door
A volley of goblin arrows
Left Dorbeck dead upon the floor

(CHORUS)

Then from out the darkness
Scatha came to feast
Our heroes turned to face their foe
And slay the fearsome beast

Brave Piers lured the dragon
Out into the light
Clouson chanted Holy Words
To aid them in their fight.

(CHORUS)

Missiles from Osuna
Stanz, Rowine and Crowager
Sliced into the dragon
As more warriors drew near

Bremen smote the dragon
With the Hammer of Baudh
Lug struck with his dwarven axe
As his battle-cry rang loud

His sword made from the dragon’s tooth
Up stepped the elf Baxtaw
He drove it through the dragon’s heart
And Scatha fell down upon the floor.

Scatha the evil dragon
Lived in a cave
And was slain by adventurers,
Whose hearts were bold and brave!

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#647 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bremen smiles brightly at the mention of the of the Knights of Baudhil being mentioned so prominently in the song. Hyde! A round for everyone, and two for the bard!

-3gp and 3sp for 3 pony kegs of ale.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#648 Post by Dram »

1 August
Baxtaw- It is a good song, and I hate to be a critic. But it was no cave. It was a ancient Dwarven Hold that vowed to free it of the dragon for the dwarves and Fair Maidens of Gaul.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#649 Post by Marullus »

Some of the Dwarves present murmur in confirmation as the Elf pays respect to their dwarf hall.

Some of the human farmers snicker, as they don't recognize the difference between a "dwarf hole" and a "cave" anyway.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#650 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint finishes up her last good meal before heading out and pays her tab.

(deducting 80 gp, just to be safe from room, board, stabling, arrows, rations, etc.)

She also finishes packing up her gear, placing all but what she can use in a day or so on her new cloth to inventory. She folds it up and places it in a pocket of her shirt.

She heads out to find the others and go north to the logging camp.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#651 Post by Marullus »

10 September 2021
Halfpint's Expedition leaves from the Inn after breakfast on 07 September.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#652 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw arrives back in Gaul walks into the Tavern. Good evening Hyde! Seems rather quiet in here. I will have a mug of Mead and whetever is fresh on the stove. He takes a seat at the end of the bar.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#653 Post by Valdus »

The abnormally large dwarf walked into the Golden Tooth unlike many of his kin- quietly but with great curiosity. He stood for a few moments in awe of the place, admiring any and all architectural and cultural details.

Oddly dressed in rather formal wear, his clothing glittered with the impression of prominence, if not affability. He squinted, approached the long counter and ordered a pony keg of ale, knowing if one wanted friends, full flagons would bring them.

Picking out a most comfortable seat, he traveling dwarf, dusty from the road, took a merhaum pipe from an outer jacket pocket, and proceeded to make a miniature hearth within it. Expertly packing the tabac into the bowl he lit and sent a lively and pleasing sent about his surroundings.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#654 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- gets up from the bar walks over to the dwarf. Good evening, My name is Baxtaw. I believe we may be the only adventurers in town.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#655 Post by Valdus »

Ywaz looked up at the voice speaking to him. Oh not sure if I would call myself an adventurer, more a traveler. Now my brother C'ang he was an adventurer.

The dwarf nudges a flagon and points to the pony keg. By all means sit and tell me of your these adventures of yours.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#656 Post by Spearmint »

A day after Halfpints' expedition has left the town of Amistad to scout the woods, Amistad pins a notice on the Gaul town bulletin board and then enters the Golden Tooth tavern.

He greets the patrons and hands around a smaller leaflet detailing the same expedition recruitment and takes a table by the fireplace. He is accompanied by business friend Hickory. They listen to the latest bard songs and tales from the other adventurers. He is happy to know the Scatha threat has been eliminated and blushes at the remembrance of his own interventions when the dragon came to claim the maiden tribute.

He will pay the bard to repeat songs of Alcide: the River Ranger and the Trolls of the River chorus, both adventures that he had a part of. He hopes the songs will inspire others to perhaps enquire of the latest venture.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#657 Post by Valdus »

Ywaz's ear rises at word of the dragon's scourge. He speaks to no one in-particular Word among my people is that my brother, the great Cang DerrThorn killed the dragon Scatha from within before perishing in the belly. I do wish I could find his last standing ground.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#658 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Wearing his Red Scale armor. Sits down with Ywaz. I was travelling with your brother when he was slain by Scatha. Your brother gave his life to save us. Myself and lady that just entered. He points over to HalfPint. Scatha caught us escaping the old dwarven ruins. In the Plains between here and the ruins.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#659 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Halfpint is nowhere near the Golden Tooth Tavern at this point...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Valdus
Tracker
Tracker

#660 Post by Valdus »

Ywaz approaches Baxtaw with a large mugful of ale, smiling and astonished, he asks of the figure in red armor. "We have heard great tales of my brother C'ang, for he was the true adventurer. It is an honor to hear his deeds and speak to someone who saw one of his last. I was hoping to travel to the place where he did fall...is there an expedition heading in that direction?"

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”