The Golden Tooth Tavern

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#341 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Whew!
Able's head hurts the next day. He doesn't recall how he ended up in the Infirmary for the night, but he is glad for it.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Zhym »

"Y'know, we did see a lot of weird animals that looked like they were made out of parts of other animals," muses Fingers over his beer after Able collapses. "I wonder if there's a mad magic-user out in the forest who likes to experiment on animals?"

He thinks of what he'd do if some crazy wizard tried to mess with his Sprinkles. "I think I'd like to kill him," he says.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Zhym »

"Hey, has anyone seen Able lately?" asks Fingers. "He had a couple of adventure ideas in mind and I'm wondering which one he wants to do."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Somehow, simultaneously in three places, Ablesforth responds to Fingers. Explaining that the most pressing seems to be too rout out the infernal presence beneath the old goblin hold. Anyone what wants t'come along would be welcome.

I think Idriss will come along, but I'm not totally sure. If Spearmint wants to hunt down the mages first, Able would take along for that. Somehow, I think we need some advancing first.

Since it is undead and demonic forces, it seems likely that only magical or silver weapons would hit.

Also, I think I am playing the only two active PCs at present, and both have missions. Anyone else want to roll up a cleric? Bremen would like to search that Barrow again, if he makes it back alive...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Zhym »

The barrow is where the ghostly trial was taking place? Fingers can read languages now, so he might be useful on that trip. But then, so would Pendleton, who was basically rolled for that purpose.

"Demons??"asks Fingers. "Those sound dangerous! Whaddya want to go fight demons for? How's about we go fight goblins or orcs instead?"

Chasing down demons does sound like the kind of thing you want another level or three under your belt before you attempt.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

sure, but this is a really old, ancient evil force. So it wont be as powerful as a new evil force because the batteries are probably almost dead. Nothing to worry about!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Zhym »

Oh, yeah. You know how slow and forgetful those geriatric demons get.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#348 Post by Alethan »

Mmmm... may be a bit of flaw inthat logic.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Dram »

Neegan- Responds to Ablesforth. Aye I will follow ya on thee next adventure. Fightin more more them slimy goblins, but not no dam demons.
Last edited by Dram on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss

In between his spell studies he takes a long dinner break to 'refresh his appetite' for more studies over a couple of ales and some fine dining.

Idriss has noticed a person around town who may also have had circus connections, Idriss being a performer (if a somewhat lesser ringside one). Is the man known as Dare about? (Mister Kent?)

If so Idriss will approach him and engage him in circus gossip and bring him round to telling how he came to town. Perhaps he is up for adventure? Someone with loose limbs and knack for picking a lock or two can always be used 'in the service of her Grace' of course...

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#351 Post by Mister-Kent »

Dare

The slim acrobat slinks up to the bar when his attention is caught by Idriss. "Always up for some trouble," he says eagerly. "Though, I might need a more experienced guiding hand. Did you have a particular gig in mind?"
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss will show 'Dare' to a table and order a couple of beers. "These were recovered by some adventurers from the renegade goblins, " he says then when the glasses are empty he takes a clean one and upturns all three and goes through a 'where is the coin?' routine.

"I travelled with the Midnight Circus for several seasons, moved on after ....well after a while." Idriss observes the tattoo of Dare peeking out from under his jacket and thinks of his own circus brand on his shoulder. "Settled here looking for money and adventure, coins and cleavage as it were but found a new path drawn out for my wandering steps. "

He pushes away the glasses,"My arts (circus performance) are not what they were, if they were ever at all. Not sure what my arts are now, save that I have retained some arcane skill. A short while ago I visited a former goblin complex, the one stormed by the troops of Gaul indicated on the tavern map. However these guards just skimmed the surface of the place. In the cellars below the caverns lie emboldened demonic spawn. I must admit I hesitate to run into them again but as Templar of her Grace I vowed to rid the earth of such brazen corruptness. A few good men assemble to engage on such a travail but I think we may be short handed of guile and stealth."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by hedgeknight »

Thirsty and eager for conversation, Casper White enters the tavern and walks to the bar. Taking a seat, he orders a tankard of beer. As he sips, he looks around the room, hoping to spot a familiar face or two.
Winter is coming...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

After seeing the bulletin board, Ableforth walks to the Tavern. He asks after, then approaches Pendleton Kettleworth. I read that yer thinkin' of joinin' in on an adventure. Me an' some others are headed down into the old goblin hold. But deeper. One of the folks goin' has the upper level mapped enough so's we can get past the traps and straight to the zombies and demons. He looks the mage over a bit. It promises to be dirty 'n dangerous, but also intellectually stimulatin'. Innerested? Able reassures Pendleton that, though he is on a holy mission, he has no plan to die for his god. He plans to hire a retainer or two for fighting.

He repeats the offer to anyone else interested, offering to provide holy water and some silver weapons (daggers, likely) if needed.

edited to correct Kettleworth
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirravd

#355 Post by sirravd »

Grimble Gromble, too, approaches Pendleton: "Albeit I wished to prove my strength in the gobliness' tower, yet the expedition waxeth sluggish; wherefore I offer my arm to thee in the Catacombs."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Dram »

Neegan walks in behind Ablesforth and Grimble and waits for them to get done talking Pendleton. I ya lookin for a good strong arm I would also like to join your adventure. I have recently returned from my second trip to the Kobold towers.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#357 Post by Mister-Kent »

Spearmint wrote:"I must admit I hesitate to run into them again but as Templar of her Grace I vowed to rid the earth of such brazen corruptness. A few good men assemble to engage on such a travail but I think we may be short handed of guile and stealth."
Dare fiddles with his drink. "Well, I've made no such vow, save to never succumb to boredom," he explains. "If you think it's a worthwhile expedition, I'll follow your lead. While we're on the road, we can swap some stories about homelife. I'd be interested in hearing your perspective on things." He slips his mask from his forehead back over his eyes as he orders another drink.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Spearmint »

Idriss

juggles with a few of the empty glasses, stopping quickly before he drops and breaks them. 'Not much of a performer', he thinks, 'still less of a Templar'. He finishes his beer and nods in accord to Dare agreeing the sojourn to the old goblin hole. He checks the map on the tavern for current alterations and goes to find the others committed to the task.

Not sure what to find except for goblin traps, half-skulled demoniacs and skin irritations from infectious fungi, he hopes to at least uncover some ancient goodies and perhaps offer the tavern patrons a song in their honour.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Dram »

Neegan- SO when do we leave?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

sirravd

#360 Post by sirravd »

"A fine question," says Grimble.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”