The Golden Tooth Tavern

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#421 Post by Spearmint »

'Blackjack' Amistad

fresh from returning to the troll cave with some extra loot, the logger is in the tavern enjoying an ale and listening to another rendition of Alcides' River Ranger anthem. Hardly foot stomping fare but it gets the crowd going, though not half as much as the 'blagged work of fiction' from the regaled wench clutching the fiery sword.

Amistad shakes his head but laughs at the mayhem stirred up."I was rather enjoying that story, it put a sparkling taste in this watery ale. Never mind an accusation that she runs form battle, the lass seems to run headlong into ones."

Amistad wonders at the strange demonic manifestation of the sword and the coercion exerted by Foxy to bend it to her will."drinks on me" he shouts to help pacify the crowd and then sits at a quiet table to contemplate that whenever the dragon comes, would he rather this lass be in his corner or not?

(-5gp for the beers)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#422 Post by onlyme »

Halfpint hides in the corner of the tavern listening to the tale, hoping to hear the empathetic reaction to her pony's saga. When the tale is over with no mention of Peck, Halfpint fully understands the harsh reaction to the entire group, her included. She had begged Foxy to mention it, but to no use.

She slips out quietly.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#423 Post by Bluehorse »

Lunchtime, July 15, 2021

Bianca

Listens as she sips her tea to the ambient conversation and tries to keep an eye on her sister. Then a particular detail amongst the tale of local lore catches her full attention. Casper realizes that for the first time she is 100% focused on him, her intense stare on him and unblinking.
Marullus wrote:Amidst the hub-bub of the Tavern's lunchtime crowds, a group of adventurers plans for their upcoming trip to Guhra's tower. The following is overheard, ears perking up in some interest as the Cleric of Gwanwen shares some local dwarvish lore...
hedgeknight wrote:Casper White [...] The Soul-Tome of Dreadlord Zhint, into which the Dreadlord imbued a portion of his very soul and essence in horrible mockery of the gods and ancestors, that he might regain his power at a future time, is in the possession of Baxtaw. I fear that somehow, Dreadlord Zhint may return to this life should that tome fall into the wrong hands. It must be destroyed."
And finally, the Soul-Tome of the Arch Priest, Thanul. He was the chief luminary of the Dark Gods, and that tome bears part of his soul."[/dialog]
Casper opens the satchel on his side and removes a large worn tome and sets it on the table."I am its possessor and although I have only given it a cursory glance, I can tell you it is highly chaotic in nature. I wish to see it destroyed as well."

Casper drains his mug and sits back down, taking a few deep breaths to calm himself.
While the dwarf finishes his drink she leans over to Winnie and puts her hand on her sister's shoulder to get her attention. She whispers softly in her ear. "Please, tell me you heard that!" Not waiting for her sister's reply she leans over toward Casper. "Another drink? Suppose you tell me more about these books?" Does this elf ever blink? Her voice was pleasant enough, much higher pitched than her human companion, and had a bit of a songlike quality to it as well, though it felt more organic to the ear than the practiced talents of Winnie, and had a slight hint of whisper to it even when she spoke plainly, like it was almost weak from disuse. One could easily see her as being the type to rarely speak. Her eyes only wavered to the Tome once, but then held Casper in their grasp once more.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#424 Post by hedgeknight »

"Er...which part, my lady. The sword? The shield? The tome? Plus, I didn't get your name. I am Casper White, servant of Gwanwen."
Winter is coming...

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#425 Post by Bluehorse »

Biancs
hedgeknight wrote:"Er...which part, my lady. The sword? The shield? The tome? Plus, I didn't get your name. I am Casper White, servant of Gwanwen."
That wall goes up again for a moment as she seems to debate with herself, then with only a little hesitation, Bianca... Dewslinger. I was curious about the tome."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#426 Post by hedgeknight »

"Ah, this one, yes?" Casper pats the satchel slung around his shoulder.
"This tome is very chaotic, my lady, although not truly evil in nature...I think. This tome I carry is linked to the Arch Priest Thannul > an illuminary to the dark gods. His soul must have been clearly tainted for I felt his darkness when I perused the tome a few days ago. Why would you be interested in such?
Winter is coming...

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#427 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

The small elf sits up a moment as she takes a breath, her personage retreating into her mind for a moment as her eyes close then they open again as she leans forward a little more, engaging with him once more. "I'm... a scholar of these kinds of things. May I have a look? Perhaps I can decipher something about it? A second set of trained eyes if you will."

He hand snakes over to Winnie's leg to give it a squeeze to make sure she is paying attention.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#428 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Winnie watches the exchange out of the corner of her eye, while also listening to other conversations in the area. She wonders what the cleric of Gwanwyn will make of an elf that says she studies the old books of necromancers. Probably nothing good...

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#429 Post by Starbeard »

The Grizzly Woman comes striding into the tavern, a large sack of food over her shoulder. Her gnarled tree branch is still slightly stained with the blood and bits of fur of the hellhound whose spine she cracked in the goblin king's chamber, and her clothes are still caked in mud after several days of sneaking around under the dragon's nose.

She swats away the horseflies and looks for Clay. "Okay Clay Badger. I got my goods and me and the bear can eat for awhile at your place. You just let me know when you are ready to head out that is just what we will do."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#430 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- walks into the tavern sees Foxy, Grizzle and Clay. Hello friends, are you all here to join Sactha mission?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#431 Post by Marullus »

Let's keep Scatha talk on the EVENT thread for now,
since on this timeline we are past it.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#432 Post by hedgeknight »

Bluehorse wrote:Bianca
The small elf sits up a moment as she takes a breath, her personage retreating into her mind for a moment as her eyes close then they open again as she leans forward a little more, engaging with him once more. "I'm... a scholar of these kinds of things. May I have a look? Perhaps I can decipher something about it? A second set of trained eyes if you will."

He hand snakes over to Winnie's leg to give it a squeeze to make sure she is paying attention.
Casper thinks about it for a few seconds and then shrugs. "Sure you may. Careful though; the tome seems to have a mind of its own."
Winter is coming...

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#433 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Smiles the awkward smile of the shy, but tried to not look too eager as she takes the book examining the covers, front back and spine before even opening it, looking at the inside covers for any information about who had written the tome or why. Assuming that goes well she will begin trying to decipher something from the pages within about what it contains and it's purpose.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#434 Post by Marullus »

Bianca identifies that the book is as the cleric said, a massive tome meant to contain the collective wisdom of a once potent and very chaotic priest. She opens the pages and begins to read, sitting quiet and perfectly still at the tavern table, her eyes unblinking in her own distinctive fashion.

Then she emits a shrill scream! She blacks out, collapsing on the floor, unconscious. It takes a few moments before she can be revived, then she is shaking and non-verbal for several minutes.

See private forum.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#435 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Seeing the collapse, Winnie gasps. She slams the book closed and pushes it away, dropping down to her sister. Bianca!? She calls for a tankard of water and props Bianca up onto her lap. We should get her home...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#437 Post by hedgeknight »

Casper quickly puts the tome away and then kneels beside Bianca. He checks her pulse and lays a hand on her forehead. "Are you alright, my lady? Can you speak?"
Winter is coming...

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#439 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hearing Bianca speak, Winnie smiles again. She pushes Bianca's hair out of her face, tucking it behind her pointed ears. Yes. Yes he did, you goof. What happened to you? Let's get you back home if you're strong enough. If not, we'll need to stay at this Inn, but I prefer to have you checked over by our sisters. Winnie does her best to help Bianca back into her seat.

Winnie looks to Casper again, giving him her full attention. What else can you tell me about that book? She indicates she does not want to look at it.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#440 Post by Bluehorse »

Bianca

Looks up and allows herself to be assisted into the chair then snatches her arm back. "Let go of me! I'm fine!" she snaps at Winnie. She huffs and shakes her head straightening her clothes. She pinches the bridge of her nose a moment, groaning again before pointing to the book. "There is an active spirit in that book. The man that created it, or part of him anyway. It was like he took..." She pauses and looks at the book again. "He got through. I felt him in my mind. He took something, but I'm not sure what." She sounds frustrated and embarrassed more than afraid. She glances up at Winnie and her brows furrow. "Stop looking at me like that!"

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”