The Golden Tooth Tavern

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Golden Tooth Tavern

#461 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Wlaks up to the bar. I will have some of your finest Mead. And a round of milk for all the scared little kiddies hiding here in tavern!!
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Marullus »

Evening, July 19, 2021

Hyde laughs, showing all his mishappen teeth, "Hah! HAH! Milk for 'em..." He looks around at the farmers and locals, his voice trailing offfl. "Not too many adventuring folk about, really..."

Foxy is in town.
Bremen (and whatever crew) went east, presumably back to the White Tower, if you want to go seek him.
Piers Garrett just reached out, he should be back after the holidays.
Some folks have new PCs in the wings they could bring forward.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by Zhym »

Lug or Olaf would be all over a dragon-killing mission, but they're both a bit occupied right now.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Bremen would go. He'd need someone to you know... Get his stuff out of the Keep for him, though...

Could be a nice reward for the person to bring him his stuff.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#465 Post by Alethan »

I have a new cleric in the waiting. He's not starting off with a dragon-hunting venture, though. Sorry.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Stirling »

Foxy,

at her place on the bar, drinks from a crystal glass overflowing with Southron champagne.

Regis the bard, his purse fattened with a hundred gold pieces entertains crowd with the recently penned song,

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw takes a seat at the bar beside Foxy. My brave lady. I wish to finish the battle you started. Kill Scatha where we first encountered him. I had a sword made from his tooth. We must find those who are seasoned in battle and magic. He takes a drink of mead.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare
I wish to finish the battle you started
"I started? I did no such thing. I tried to persuade the dragon to turn from its' ways and aid my quest. It refused and taunted Gaul. I have faced this creature enough times, let the knights of Gaul defend their own. I will not go."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- No! No! My brave lady. I am talking of the battle in which you wounded the beast outside the city. It is weak our best chance is now. The treasures it must have in its lair.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare
Baxtaw- "Ms. O'Hare this approach you are taking does not aid the Dukes quest at all. This is the last I speak of this. You will take this battle on yourself."

If the insults continue between the two, Baxtaw will move to find Clay.

Foxy struggles in character between gratefulness to you Baxtaw and Halfpint for bringing her home from the hills in her weakened and befuddled state but also with the fact that both of you deserted her on the ridge line when Thundred and his dwarves were intent on attacking her and hacking her to pieces.

She also felt at the time when you said "let's go hunting in the woods,"that in her paranoid 'everyone is against me state' it was only an invitation to be murdered quietly and disposed of.

She is still bitter about that and doesn't trust you.

"I am not your brave lady. I am no ones' brave lady. I am just a coward and blaggard in a shiny suit. Though I hardly wear a breastplate of righteousness and neither have I girded my loins with the belt of truth. By the heavens I have girded my loins with little since the templars have their vows and the paladins are ... favouring each other I hear."

Foxy slurs her words as she slips down the bar waving another empty bottle of red wine.

"Do you like the bards song? I penned it myself, a self effacing chorus to trumpet my own arrogance. I have finished with noble questing, it gains me little. I will succumb to your request if only to add my inglorious head and golden locks beside the dragons skull and you can all wager which one of the two roars most fierce."

Foxy assumes a position at the foot of the bar, slowly tapping her feet to the song and closing her eyelids in heavy stupor.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- I shall be off to the dwarven hold. To see if they can give aid, but I fear the dragon will be healed by then.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Marullus »

Afternoon, 19 July:
Blackjack Amistad, Achaedany, and Chocolate, the Draft Horse pass through town on their way to the lumber yard at Frogmorton Ford.

Evening, 19 July:
Clay Weatherwax the talking badger, Clarabelle of Farrow's Farm, Mors the hunting dog, and Maurice the the pygmy owl return to town from their expedition to the Kobold Tower. The menagerie gets a few less odd looks than it used to. Lug, the perhaps-half-giant man, returns with them to the tavern.

Rhybek the dwarf, who they departed with, is conspicuously absent.

Once word circulates of Rhybek's demise, Hyde stops by the table to talk to Clay and Lug. "Rhybek... he pre-paid a room upstairs, you see? Guess he's not coming back to it. He left some scary-weird headdress from some kobold up there. What you want done with it?"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Clay suggests that, if Mr. Hyde is amenable to the idea, the headdress be hung on the wall with a plaque in Rhybek's honor.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Zhym »

"Oh, Glod, not more of Rhybek's stuff to hold for him," sighs Lug. "I talked to the dwarves, and if he has any next of kin, they're way off to the south somewhere and we probably wouldn't be able to find them anyway. So I guess the stuff of his I have is 'mine' as far as the dwarves care. But he's just one seriously powerful priest from coming back, right? I mean, you could do it, if you get powerful enough, right, Clay? So I don't feel right keeping what he might want if someone un-stones him later."

"Some sort of tribute makes sense to me. That way, if he does get un-stoned, he could come back and claim his stuff. I don't think he'd want his stuff sitting in Baudh's church. This tavern seems about as good a place as any."

Marullus: is the temple of Baudh the only place we could convert a dead PC's items to tribute XP?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by Marullus »

No, almost all of the churches have some kind of method for accepting items for XP, according to their principals.
  • Baudh honors them in a museum
  • Eruanna keeps them in the Templar vault for use against Evil
  • Gwanwen seeks to remove them from society and destroy them as the blasphemies they are
  • Moradin (and Gwanwen in dwarf-town) would display them to honor ancestry, dwarf-kin, or dwarf-heroes

Displaying it in the tavern, Baudh, or Moradin is good for a Tribute to a Deceased Adventurer, which gives XP to the player's new PC per normal tribute rules of that type.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by Zhym »

Is there a temple to Moradin anywhere around?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Marullus »

Zhym wrote:Is there a temple to Moradin anywhere around?
Not really. It's a hybrid-offering at Casper's temple in Id'did'dum.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw approaches Clay and Lug. Hello old friends. He nods to Hyde to have their mugs refilled. I am looking for brave men to finish the Scatha before he heals and comes back and destroys this town and all in it.He takes a chair at their table.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by Jernau35 »

Piers Garret enters the tavern. He walks up to the bar and orders a small ale. As Hyde pours it, Piers leans close and quietly speaks to him. Hyde hands the ale to Piers, looks around the bar, then points over to Baxtaw.

Piers picks up his ale and walks across to where Baxtaw is standing. "Brother, I have stood in your shoes and tried to reap a harvest from this room." He glances around ruefully. "This time I shall be the seed rather than the sower. I will accompany you".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Turns and smiles at Garret. You are most welcomed to join me. We need more help. Do you know of anyone willing fight.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Gaul”